wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

19 hours ago, wendybr said:

Re reward...virtue is its own reward, as they say...altho it doesn't pay the bills.

I don't know what the grassroots reaction will be, but with so many out of work or underemployed, and suffering, it wouldn't sit well with me to be agitating about lack of a pay rise.

But many others might disagree. IDK.

I am the same Wendy. As a public servant and an essential worker, I have been grateful to have work and Inhave felt bad for others. Not getting an increment pay rise is not what I would wish for for myself or the staff but it’s not the end of the world. The economy will bounce back and we will get it next year. 

19 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

It has brought out the best, and the idealist in me hopes that some of it will stick on the other side, and we won't just go back to not giving a fck about others.

That said its to soon really to be talking about the other side, either health wise or economically.

In my current sector the big job losses are still to come, but they are coming. While the devestation of the small business that rely on it, is heart breaking. Coffee shops, cafes, caterers etc. 

Yes the job losses are a huge concern in the public sector. The state budget is delayed till later in the year but it will be harsh, we are told to expect the worst. 

11 hours ago, Cynth said:

I am the same Wendy. As a public servant and an essential worker, I have been grateful to have work and Inhave felt bad for others. Not getting an increment pay rise is not what I would wish for for myself or the staff but it’s not the end of the world. The economy will bounce back and we will get it next year. 

It’s ok we are all in it together 

Total Smug Nobhead

Him not taking a pay cut didn't bother me too much, same with saying what they're doing is in line with what's happening for all public servants. The thing that annoyed me was that he couldn't help himself and had to add the "I'll just keep doing a good job".

Ignoring the fact that people who are genuinely comfortable with the job they'e doing don't normally feel the need to tell everyone, it's implying that the people who are taking pay cuts are in that situation because they weren't doing a good job.

6 hours ago, Davo said:

Him not taking a pay cut didn't bother me too much, same with saying what they're doing is in line with what's happening for all public servants. The thing that annoyed me was that he couldn't help himself and had to add the "I'll just keep doing a good job".

Ignoring the fact that people who are genuinely comfortable with the job they'e doing don't normally feel the need to tell everyone, it's implying that the people who are taking pay cuts are in that situation because they weren't doing a good job.

:good: Straight out of the DT self congratulatory playbook.

Pathetic!

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Finally the govt has realised robodebt was wrong and will now repay $721m to 470,00 people. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/may/29/robodebt-government-to-repay-470000-unlawful-centrelink-debts-worth-721m?CMP=share_btn_tw

They haven’t realised it’s wrong they just realised that they can’t get away with it 

19 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

They haven’t realised it’s wrong they just realised that they can’t get away with it 

Should of written "illegal" instead of "wrong"

The stupid chunts were told from the beginning but just point blank ploughed ahead anyway. Who was the minister who started it..? Read today somewhere it was Morrison. Could be wrong on that, tbh they're all culpable.

They would have been told their little robotdebt scheme was illegal from the first moment they wanted to take a yearly income from the ATO and turn it into a fortnightly average. And yet they plowed on. Pox on them all. Absolute scum. That we elected them back into power is an indictment on our country.

11 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Looks like the monarchist won't be happy

High Court decides 'Palace letters' written during the Whitlam dismissal can be accessed http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-29/high-court-rules-palace-letters-released-historian-jenny-hocking/12299164

good, the fact that the queen herself wants those palace letters impossible to read till 2027 is dodgy as hell

11 minutes ago, NeverGoat said:

good, the fact that the queen herself wants those palace letters impossible to read till 2027 is dodgy as hell

Qua bono (who benefits) yet again

3 hours ago, mack said:

Pox on them all. Absolute scum. That we elected them back into power is an indictment on our country.

Never mind...only a few more years to go!

Oh....wait...

:(:(

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Must come as a bit of a shock to this mob...what with sports rorts and  arts rorts....

They are very comfortable in a "post truth" world, aren't they? :bad:

Considering Angus Taylor, Gladys Liu, Bridget McKenzie, Barnaby Joyce, George Christensen (and others) are still in the Parliament, the worst he'd get is shifting of jobs and/or demotion to back bench.

18 minutes ago, Carns said:

Considering Angus Taylor, Gladys Liu, Bridget McKenzie, Barnaby Joyce, George Christensen (and others) are still in the Parliament, the worst he'd get is shifting of jobs and/or demotion to back bench.

Stuart Robert will not survive the multi-million class action. The present lot are trying to stop the class action especially with the multiple suicides.

The hypocrisy of Scumbo and his government is beyond astonishing. 

Robodebt scandal: leak reveals unlawful debts predate 2015 but government has no plans to pay back money https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/may/31/robodebt-scandal-leak-reveals-unlawful-debts-predate-2015-but-government-has-no-plans-to-pay-back-money?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Why is it going to St Marys instead of Leppington?

31 minutes ago, mack said:

So it can eventually join up to the North West Metro at Tallawang, through Marsden Park.

It'll get to Leppington eventually as well. They just aren't comitting the funds for the other extensions yet.

[IMG]

33 minutes ago, mack said:

Probably because there will be a new development planned on the eastern side of Northern Rd and south of the M4. The Metro would probably follow Luddenham Rd to some extent.

58 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Who in the **** wants heavy rail?

Freight to the airport?

39 minutes ago, Carns said:

Freight to the airport?

Not the transport lobby

Posted (edited)

I'll bet you they found them all jobs at Gordon's brother-in-law's private equity firm before they gave them the redundancy package though.

Oh wait a minute, nope, they were mostly casuals. ****ers.

Edited by marron

And the hide of the conservatives who go after the poor in the belief that the less monied are all potential welfare cheats. And yet refuse to go after the tax avoiders who give them money.

Coalition won’t rule out passing new laws to reboot robodebt scheme https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/02/coalition-wont-rule-out-passing-new-laws-to-reboot-robodebt-scheme?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard