wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

Re Morrison (forget ScoMo...which sounds benign) ...I haven't entirely decided whether he's more dangerous that I ever would have thought, or more of an ignorant moron than I would have thought.

Maybe it's both.

Loved the invocation of 1984 to go along with the "real free speech = not speaking" argument too.

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

Re Morrison (forget ScoMo...which sounds benign) ...I haven't entirely decided whether he's more dangerous that I ever would have thought, or more of an ignorant moron than I would have thought.

Maybe it's both.

he is stupid but a dangerous kind of stupid, like abbott, less scatter brain than abbott though

14 hours ago, wendybr said:

Maybe it's both.

I’d have thought you like him his politics is largely in line with your mate Rubin

^^^ Brilliant! 

I was impressed to hear a number of people in my staffroom knocking back entering Cup sweeps today.

its nice to see its had an impact at least, an entire industry that exists only because of gambling money can **** right off tbh

by we who does she mean? cause i am not hostile towards minorities but lets paint us all with the same brush, agreed with the other person its capitalism

2 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

by we who does she mean? cause i am not hostile towards minorities but lets paint us all with the same brush, agreed with the other person its capitalism

You're talking Q&A?

I've juststarted watching.

i can see there is going to be a lot of people saying white and male a lot, this should be amusing

she did bring on a good point however that we have a culture of trying to ignore things we dont like such as homelessness, i dont like seeing homeless people but not because i have no respect for homeless people tbh i think one day i could end up there but its because no one should be homeless its depressing just how common it is

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

You're talking Q&A?

I've juststarted watching.

yes i am, so far a lot of white and male talking :P but there are some good points among the white noise

police shouldnt exist? what kind of drugs is this women on?

i should do a shot every time white or men are painted with the same brush

that said no one should be dying in custody for being drunk

Some stupid ideas as well.

I can understand resentments towards police from indigenous people...but police  should not exist?

Don't think I can watch anymore.

Yes, let's dismantle patriarchy.

See ya!

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Some stupid ideas as well.

I can understand resentments towards police from indigenous people...but police  should not exist?

Don't think I can watch anymore.

glad you are saying it and not just me :P

if its me saying it people think oh its just goat being racist and sexist with all his white privilege :P there are just some real nutcase idea's here with some decent points like a lot of institutions are racist , aboriginals are more likely to be locked up there are issues but screaming WHITE MEN and KILL THE PATRIARCHY is not helpful at all

the word civility was invented by white men so its an evil word? you ******* nutcase this is so amusing :P

The woman next to the redhead can hardly repress her laughter.

Where the hell have they found this one?

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

The woman next to the redhead can hardly repress her laughter.

Where the hell have they found this one?

lol i dont know she is nuts, sadly the more sane ones are not able to talk as much

like the one you are talking about the one without the insane hair

honestly violence against women is ****ed, its a huge problem there are cowardly guys who are ****ed and yes they happen to be white but i am not going to be painted with the same brush as them

sadly domestic violence is a huge issue but there hasnt been an actual conversation about it yet

Think Mona would only be happy in a world where all males have been eliminated.

Just now, wendybr said:

Think Mona would only be happy in a world where all males have been eliminated.

seems like it :P, there are sane feminists in what ditch did they find that nutcase? :P 

The panel.

Victim Victim Someone Fran Victim Victim

14 minutes ago, wendybr said:

My God...is this really  the world young women are growing up in...attitude wise??

And young men.

It must be horrible to have a mind full of this sh*t!

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

My God...is this really  the world young women are growing up in...attitude wise??

And young men.

It must be horrible to have a mind full of this sh*t!

sorry i stopped watching because john oliver started, still more of the red haired nutcase talking?

Apart from 2 of them acknowledging that not all men are toxic all of the time, they all spouted crap at least some of the time.

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Apart from 2 of them acknowledging that not all men are toxic all of the time, they all spouted crap at least some of the time.

this is why people hate feminism because people like that represent it :P i dont think the aboriginal women was too bad i mean she did say the police force should not exist

that said i can imagine a lot of men who are not horrible people were yelling at the screen being annoyed that they are being called toxic among other things all the time :P and then there are moderate feminists who just want equality yelling at the screen being annoyed that they are being represented by those people :P

look at the likes/dislikes ratio

the sad thing is i did apologise for focusing on feminism because i was unfair but then this happened :P

Where do you see them? The Likes vs Dislikes.

It was a terrible show I thought. Zero balance to it.

Predictably, I heard Mark Latham going on about it....and I couldn't disagree.

He was mainly talking about Mona...who really spouted nonsense, with noone to counter balance her.