Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Some stupid ideas as well.

I can understand resentments towards police from indigenous people...but police  should not exist?

Don't think I can watch anymore.

glad you are saying it and not just me :P

if its me saying it people think oh its just goat being racist and sexist with all his white privilege :P there are just some real nutcase idea's here with some decent points like a lot of institutions are racist , aboriginals are more likely to be locked up there are issues but screaming WHITE MEN and KILL THE PATRIARCHY is not helpful at all

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

The woman next to the redhead can hardly repress her laughter.

Where the hell have they found this one?

lol i dont know she is nuts, sadly the more sane ones are not able to talk as much

like the one you are talking about the one without the insane hair

honestly violence against women is ****ed, its a huge problem there are cowardly guys who are ****ed and yes they happen to be white but i am not going to be painted with the same brush as them

sadly domestic violence is a huge issue but there hasnt been an actual conversation about it yet

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Apart from 2 of them acknowledging that not all men are toxic all of the time, they all spouted crap at least some of the time.

this is why people hate feminism because people like that represent it :P i dont think the aboriginal women was too bad i mean she did say the police force should not exist

that said i can imagine a lot of men who are not horrible people were yelling at the screen being annoyed that they are being called toxic among other things all the time :P and then there are moderate feminists who just want equality yelling at the screen being annoyed that they are being represented by those people :P

Where do you see them? The Likes vs Dislikes.

It was a terrible show I thought. Zero balance to it.

Predictably, I heard Mark Latham going on about it....and I couldn't disagree.

He was mainly talking about Mona...who really spouted nonsense, with noone to counter balance her.

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Where do you see them? The Likes vs Dislikes.

It was a terrible show I thought. Zero balance to it.

Predictably, I heard Mark Latham going on about it....and I couldn't disagree.

He was mainly talking about Mona...who really spouted nonsense, with noone to counter balance her.

directly under the video there is a like/dislike ratio, currently at 30 likes and 213 dislikes

honestly some people were complaining about the lack of men and that was not the issue imo there iddnt need to be men in that specific episode but there needed to be some kind of sane women and there in general just wasnt :P and the main problem is the host, the one who is meant to have some kind of control had none she was completely useless the entire episode and just let the red hair nutcase talk over everyone else the entire episode

at least tony had some form of control but he was a white male so most likely the red hair nutcase would have tried to beat him to death with her broomstick so best he wasnt host for that episode

5 hours ago, wendybr said:

:rofl: I did lol at that Goat!

Yes, Fran Kelly let Mona ( or Moaner according to Latham) say outrageous and unhinged things, without challenging her, or managing her.

Oh well...It's hard to know what else to say about that one ( the whole show).

lol glad i could make you laugh, its depressing because its such an important subject and maybe i missed something but i cant think of one idea they came up with to improve things

and no kill all white men and abolish the police force are not idea's to improve things.......well they obviously are to some people :P

next weeks episode is for movember which has an economist, and  the Shadow Minister for Climate Change and Energy which are odd people to have for movember :P i mean yes the drought affects men's mental health but it also affects women's mental health 

just one more comment on that episode, they claim they want equality but i didnt hear any of them being upset that they were not drafted off to die in Vietnam or any other war

i wonder why they were not upset about that..........maybe its because they want equality only when it suits them :P dont get me wrong i am sure some females wanted to fight in wars but in general no, no one wants to be forced to fight in a war but they were fine with mostly white men being sent without them being sent off to die

this is just a random thought i felt like getting out, i know people mock the idea of safe spaces, i used to volunteer at a mental health place and there were women's group for about an hour once a week, for that hour i hid in the office, no men were allowed near the place till 10 and some of these women had been abused by men pretty much their entire life so even though safe spaces are mocked i do think they have their uses and they can be very important but not every place needs a safe space but they can be very important

5 hours ago, Cynth said:

Oh I missed it. What happened? 

i will link the episode, honestly we disagree on quite a lot so maybe i was too extreme in your opinion but there were some very extreme views such as one women who wanted to get rid of the police force, dont get me wrong she is aboriginal and i know there are plenty of racist cops so there is pretty much no doubt that she has had very negative experiences with the police however its still a very extreme opinion that went unchallenged

at the end of the day most of the panalists were not bad and violence against women is something that needs to be tackled but while i didnt watch the entire episode there were not really any helpful discussion about helping women imo

currently the episode has 43 likes and 816 dislikes and comments have been turned off just because of how much hatred it was getting, another problem with the episode is the host had zero control over the entire episode

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

happy to see that is happening, something i found when i talk out against racism against aboriginal's or middle easterners no one minds but if i talk about racism against white people suddenly i am a white supremacist, glad people who clearly were just very anti white male are getting called out because all racism/sexism should be called out

i dont know if facebook videos work on here but here is a video that i 100% agree with

she is spot on and i wish she was able to express those thoughts even if it is somewhat damage control by qanda its still something i believe she agree's with and i wish we could have heard those thoughts

NBN FTTN gets another black mark. Thanks to Murdoch and his former puppet Abbott

Homes connected to NBN via fibre-to-node only getting 80% of speed they paid for https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/08/homes-connected-to-nbn-via-fibre-to-node-only-getting-80-of-speed-they-paid-for?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

49 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

NBN FTTN gets another black mark. Thanks to Murdoch and his former puppet Abbott

Homes connected to NBN via fibre-to-node only getting 80% of speed they paid for https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/08/homes-connected-to-nbn-via-fibre-to-node-only-getting-80-of-speed-they-paid-for?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

i wish we just went with Julia's plan, it was actually good

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

It was actually Kevin Rudd' s plan and it would have been cheaper in the long run.

oh my mistake i actually miss rudd, i mean he was meant to be a bit of a jerk but as a politician i didnt mind him, that is the thing our more **** internet is going to be more expensive but people actually bought into tony's bullshit sadly

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic