Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

On the Q and A thing 

I haven’t watched it, but I’m guessing when I do it will be nowhere near as offensive as the ridiculously high numbers of women killed and lives ruined by domestic violence in this country 

Given it has Andrew Bolt upset, I’m probably going to like it aren’t I

Edited by StringerBellend
14 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

On the Q and A thing 

I haven’t watched it, but I’m guessing when I do it will be nowhere near as offensive as the ridiculously high numbers of women killed and lives ruined by domestic violence in this country 

no doubt its an important issue, women are being killed far too many but the show doesnt actually even try to discuss real solutions apart from kill all white men and police shouldnt exist which are not really viable solution's

i want this discussion but i want something that has possible solutions to the issues, it is a very depressing topic but its also a very important one

i have read online that its also pissing off feminists(at least some of them) because they wanted a show that would help women which that show was not so its uniting feminists with andrew bolt :P

28 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

On the Q and A thing 

Yes.

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hear, hear to what Goat posted from Youtube!

Thanks for posting Goat!

I struggled to know quite what views she was expressing, tbh.

My brain turned to mush listening to Mona....who talked over the top of everyone else.

true i remember she did talk but i dont remember much of what she said because it was the Mona hour, honestly i wasnt even offended by mona or the episode despite me obviously posting a lot about it just kinda down that it could have been something helpful but it just wasnt

ah well qanda usually is pretty good so they can have the occasional terrible episode

i honestly wonder what are the main causes of domestic violence and once we figure that out then we can work on a strategy so domestic violence isnt as prevalent, sadly its something that will always exist but we can sure try to make things better, i would say alcohol does have quite an affect on domestic violence, there are so many stories of violence only being perpetrated by people who are drunk and when they are sober they are not violent but there would be so many factors which could have been talked about but sadly were not

16 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

true i remember she did talk but i dont remember much of what she said because it was the Mona hour, honestly i wasnt even offended by mona or the episode despite me obviously posting a lot about it just kinda down that it could have been something helpful but it just wasnt

ah well qanda usually is pretty good so they can have the occasional terrible episode

i honestly wonder what are the main causes of domestic violence and once we figure that out then we can work on a strategy so domestic violence isnt as prevalent, sadly its something that will always exist but we can sure try to make things better, i would say alcohol does have quite an affect on domestic violence, there are so many stories of violence only being perpetrated by people who are drunk and when they are sober they are not violent but there would be so many factors which could have been talked about but sadly were not

I still haven’t watched it, it’s still up on YouTube after abc taking it off iview (weirdly the free speech warriors are either silent on this or were the ones calling it for be to taken down)

so the far bits I’ve seen were ace, Monas view on the Obama “woke” thing was excellent 

I suspect I’ll disagree with some of it and agree with more of it 

but at least it won’t be the usual dull q and a 

Good they have stirred up the hypocrites of Bolt etc. 

besides if Wendy didn’t like it I’m guessing I’ll love it 

if that’s the “worst” bit sky can come up with then I think I’m all for it 

Not that I agree with violence, but I do see that they have every right to be pissed off, her arguement is far better out than Chris Kenny’s retort. 

seems “wokeness” is now the new PC gone Mad

do I get a most woke on WSF badge? 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

if that’s the “worst” bit sky can come up with then I think I’m all for it 

Not that I agree with violence, but I do see that they have every right to be pissed off, her arguement is far better out than Chris Kenny’s retort. 

seems “wokeness” is now the new PC gone Mad

do I get a most woke on WSF badge? 

honestly that kind of thing just reminds me of white australians blaming asians like the entire asians are taking our jobs thing, its just so easy to blame a specific group of people rather than looking at your own problems and looking at what you can do better, also this is a bit of an older video but it makes me think of this video

i know i do post a lot of videos i just honestly struggle with expressing myself like this but because white males have throughout history had more rights than every other group(at least in the west) and honestly i am not too sure what i am trying to say(this post is a real winner :P ) i just dont like any group just being blamed for everything, yes there are asshole white guys out there but we get painted by the same brush so often :P i do agree that what chris kenny said wasnt exactly fantastic

its just very unhealthy to device people into groups especially by race and sex and that is what i see a lot of recently, its just so easy to dehumanise an entire group of people by taking their worst members and then painting them all with that same brush

Interesting that Morrison is losing the battle on investment

Global funds management giant rejects Scott Morrison's attack on activist investors https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/09/global-funds-management-giant-rejects-scott-morrisons-attack-on-activist-investors?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

7 hours ago, mack said:

#WokeWendy

Lololol!

There's awake...and there's "woke".

If I were twenty, I'll admit it, I'd probably be very "woke".

Basically now, I'm just angry....about the planet being warned for 50 years about what is now unfolding.

And those in power ignoring the warnings.

Or worse.

:(:(

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Lololol!

There's awake...and there's "woke".

If I were twenty, I'll admit it, I'd probably be very "woke".

Basically now, I'm just angry....about the planet being warned for 50 years about what is now unfolding.

And those in power ignoring the warnings.

Or worse.

:(:(

So why then are you such a fan of those that deny climate change and spend their time ridiculing those that are at least trying to do something about it?

This is the bit I can’t work out.

Another person misplacing their anger? 

rubin and Miranda Devine do a good line in faux anger but both are pushing for climate change denying, big business tax governments 

Edited by StringerBellend
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:40 AM, marron said:

50 years of gently gently, vote labor (except for sometimes, when it looked like a tax break would be nice) has got us here. It's a bit late to be quietly angry at the government.

I have actually done a bit more than merely voting Labor over the years. So have plenty of others.

There were faults within Labor (mainly due to pandering to the  self-centred nature of an electorate who preferred $10 a week more in their pockets, than a Carbon Tax.) And the Greens miscalculated horrendously, and we all lost out.

Ultimately, the electorate voted for the idiocy and irresponsibility of dumpiing something that was actually working,  in favour of a party of climate change denying dinosaurs.

And then they did it again.

Labor have tried and failed.

The other mob should look their grandchildren and greatgrand children in the eye, and feel bitterly ashamed of themselves. 

And then do more than PRETEND to care, as the country they're passing on to future generations either turns to dust, or to ashes.

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

So why then are you such a fan of those that deny climate change and spend their time ridiculing those that are at least trying to do something about it?

This is the bit I can’t work out.

Another person misplacing their anger? 

rubin and Miranda Devine do a good line in faux anger but both are pushing for climate change denying, big business tax governments 

Move on Stringer. ;)

I don't have to.

What I do have to do is acknowledge that significant numbers of people think differently to me.

They need to be understood, rather than censored and ignored by those with my views. And then won over, ultimately...well, on Climate Change, I believe they do., at least

Pseuds' article is an EXCELLENT reminder of that....which, as I was writing earlier, I was not bearing in mind.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic