wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Where do you see them? The Likes vs Dislikes.

It was a terrible show I thought. Zero balance to it.

Predictably, I heard Mark Latham going on about it....and I couldn't disagree.

He was mainly talking about Mona...who really spouted nonsense, with noone to counter balance her.

directly under the video there is a like/dislike ratio, currently at 30 likes and 213 dislikes

honestly some people were complaining about the lack of men and that was not the issue imo there iddnt need to be men in that specific episode but there needed to be some kind of sane women and there in general just wasnt :P and the main problem is the host, the one who is meant to have some kind of control had none she was completely useless the entire episode and just let the red hair nutcase talk over everyone else the entire episode

at least tony had some form of control but he was a white male so most likely the red hair nutcase would have tried to beat him to death with her broomstick so best he wasnt host for that episode

:rofl: I did lol at that Goat!

Yes, Fran Kelly let Mona ( or Moaner according to Latham) say outrageous and unhinged things, without challenging her, or managing her.

Oh well...It's hard to know what else to say about that one ( the whole show).

5 hours ago, wendybr said:

:rofl: I did lol at that Goat!

Yes, Fran Kelly let Mona ( or Moaner according to Latham) say outrageous and unhinged things, without challenging her, or managing her.

Oh well...It's hard to know what else to say about that one ( the whole show).

lol glad i could make you laugh, its depressing because its such an important subject and maybe i missed something but i cant think of one idea they came up with to improve things

and no kill all white men and abolish the police force are not idea's to improve things.......well they obviously are to some people :P

next weeks episode is for movember which has an economist, and  the Shadow Minister for Climate Change and Energy which are odd people to have for movember :P i mean yes the drought affects men's mental health but it also affects women's mental health 

just one more comment on that episode, they claim they want equality but i didnt hear any of them being upset that they were not drafted off to die in Vietnam or any other war

i wonder why they were not upset about that..........maybe its because they want equality only when it suits them :P dont get me wrong i am sure some females wanted to fight in wars but in general no, no one wants to be forced to fight in a war but they were fine with mostly white men being sent without them being sent off to die

this is just a random thought i felt like getting out, i know people mock the idea of safe spaces, i used to volunteer at a mental health place and there were women's group for about an hour once a week, for that hour i hid in the office, no men were allowed near the place till 10 and some of these women had been abused by men pretty much their entire life so even though safe spaces are mocked i do think they have their uses and they can be very important but not every place needs a safe space but they can be very important

2 hours ago, Cynth said:

Oh I missed it. What happened? 

Look at the earlier posts above.

5 hours ago, Cynth said:

Oh I missed it. What happened? 

i will link the episode, honestly we disagree on quite a lot so maybe i was too extreme in your opinion but there were some very extreme views such as one women who wanted to get rid of the police force, dont get me wrong she is aboriginal and i know there are plenty of racist cops so there is pretty much no doubt that she has had very negative experiences with the police however its still a very extreme opinion that went unchallenged

at the end of the day most of the panalists were not bad and violence against women is something that needs to be tackled but while i didnt watch the entire episode there were not really any helpful discussion about helping women imo

currently the episode has 43 likes and 816 dislikes and comments have been turned off just because of how much hatred it was getting, another problem with the episode is the host had zero control over the entire episode

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

happy to see that is happening, something i found when i talk out against racism against aboriginal's or middle easterners no one minds but if i talk about racism against white people suddenly i am a white supremacist, glad people who clearly were just very anti white male are getting called out because all racism/sexism should be called out

i dont know if facebook videos work on here but here is a video that i 100% agree with

she is spot on and i wish she was able to express those thoughts even if it is somewhat damage control by qanda its still something i believe she agree's with and i wish we could have heard those thoughts

NBN FTTN gets another black mark. Thanks to Murdoch and his former puppet Abbott

Homes connected to NBN via fibre-to-node only getting 80% of speed they paid for https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/08/homes-connected-to-nbn-via-fibre-to-node-only-getting-80-of-speed-they-paid-for?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

49 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

NBN FTTN gets another black mark. Thanks to Murdoch and his former puppet Abbott

Homes connected to NBN via fibre-to-node only getting 80% of speed they paid for https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/08/homes-connected-to-nbn-via-fibre-to-node-only-getting-80-of-speed-they-paid-for?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

i wish we just went with Julia's plan, it was actually good

big surprise the experts think pill testing is a good idea and gladdy wont give it the green light because she is female tony abbott

44 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i wish we just went with Julia's plan, it was actually good

It was actually Kevin Rudd' s plan and it would have been cheaper in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

It was actually Kevin Rudd' s plan and it would have been cheaper in the long run.

oh my mistake i actually miss rudd, i mean he was meant to be a bit of a jerk but as a politician i didnt mind him, that is the thing our more **** internet is going to be more expensive but people actually bought into tony's bullshit sadly

On the Q and A thing 

I haven’t watched it, but I’m guessing when I do it will be nowhere near as offensive as the ridiculously high numbers of women killed and lives ruined by domestic violence in this country 

Given it has Andrew Bolt upset, I’m probably going to like it aren’t I

Edited by StringerBellend

14 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

On the Q and A thing 

I haven’t watched it, but I’m guessing when I do it will be nowhere near as offensive as the ridiculously high numbers of women killed and lives ruined by domestic violence in this country 

no doubt its an important issue, women are being killed far too many but the show doesnt actually even try to discuss real solutions apart from kill all white men and police shouldnt exist which are not really viable solution's

i want this discussion but i want something that has possible solutions to the issues, it is a very depressing topic but its also a very important one

i have read online that its also pissing off feminists(at least some of them) because they wanted a show that would help women which that show was not so its uniting feminists with andrew bolt :P

Double post....again.

Its not me, it's my phone. :crazy:

:D:D

Hear, hear to what Goat posted from Youtube!

Thanks for posting Goat!

I struggled to know quite what views she was expressing, tbh.

My brain turned to mush listening to Mona....who talked over the top of everyone else.

28 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

On the Q and A thing 

Yes.

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hear, hear to what Goat posted from Youtube!

Thanks for posting Goat!

I struggled to know quite what views she was expressing, tbh.

My brain turned to mush listening to Mona....who talked over the top of everyone else.

true i remember she did talk but i dont remember much of what she said because it was the Mona hour, honestly i wasnt even offended by mona or the episode despite me obviously posting a lot about it just kinda down that it could have been something helpful but it just wasnt

ah well qanda usually is pretty good so they can have the occasional terrible episode

i honestly wonder what are the main causes of domestic violence and once we figure that out then we can work on a strategy so domestic violence isnt as prevalent, sadly its something that will always exist but we can sure try to make things better, i would say alcohol does have quite an affect on domestic violence, there are so many stories of violence only being perpetrated by people who are drunk and when they are sober they are not violent but there would be so many factors which could have been talked about but sadly were not

honestly wendy was hating on that episode too and while i could be mistaken for a right wing nutjob(i am not but still) i dont think anyone could mistake wendy for a right wing nutjob :P

31 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

honestly wendy was hating on that episode too and while i could be mistaken for a right wing nutjob(i am not but still) i dont think anyone could mistake wendy for a right wing nutjob :P

Lol....Stringer would!

:rofl:

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Lol....Stringer would!

:rofl:

What’s funny? 

you are a fan of Rwnj’s 

16 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

true i remember she did talk but i dont remember much of what she said because it was the Mona hour, honestly i wasnt even offended by mona or the episode despite me obviously posting a lot about it just kinda down that it could have been something helpful but it just wasnt

ah well qanda usually is pretty good so they can have the occasional terrible episode

i honestly wonder what are the main causes of domestic violence and once we figure that out then we can work on a strategy so domestic violence isnt as prevalent, sadly its something that will always exist but we can sure try to make things better, i would say alcohol does have quite an affect on domestic violence, there are so many stories of violence only being perpetrated by people who are drunk and when they are sober they are not violent but there would be so many factors which could have been talked about but sadly were not

I still haven’t watched it, it’s still up on YouTube after abc taking it off iview (weirdly the free speech warriors are either silent on this or were the ones calling it for be to taken down)

so the far bits I’ve seen were ace, Monas view on the Obama “woke” thing was excellent 

I suspect I’ll disagree with some of it and agree with more of it 

but at least it won’t be the usual dull q and a 

Good they have stirred up the hypocrites of Bolt etc. 

besides if Wendy didn’t like it I’m guessing I’ll love it 

if that’s the “worst” bit sky can come up with then I think I’m all for it 

Not that I agree with violence, but I do see that they have every right to be pissed off, her arguement is far better out than Chris Kenny’s retort. 

seems “wokeness” is now the new PC gone Mad

do I get a most woke on WSF badge? 

27 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

It's a toss up between you and Mack! ;)

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

It's a toss up between you and Mack! ;)

Surely my marrickville postcode is the clincher 

I’m  calling for a woke off

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

(weirdly the free speech warriors are either silent on this or were the ones calling it for be to taken down)

Not weird at all.

Free speech for those with privelige, stfu for those without. as it ever was.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

if that’s the “worst” bit sky can come up with then I think I’m all for it 

Not that I agree with violence, but I do see that they have every right to be pissed off, her arguement is far better out than Chris Kenny’s retort. 

seems “wokeness” is now the new PC gone Mad

honestly that kind of thing just reminds me of white australians blaming asians like the entire asians are taking our jobs thing, its just so easy to blame a specific group of people rather than looking at your own problems and looking at what you can do better, also this is a bit of an older video but it makes me think of this video

i know i do post a lot of videos i just honestly struggle with expressing myself like this but because white males have throughout history had more rights than every other group(at least in the west) and honestly i am not too sure what i am trying to say(this post is a real winner :P ) i just dont like any group just being blamed for everything, yes there are asshole white guys out there but we get painted by the same brush so often :P i do agree that what chris kenny said wasnt exactly fantastic

its just very unhealthy to device people into groups especially by race and sex and that is what i see a lot of recently, its just so easy to dehumanise an entire group of people by taking their worst members and then painting them all with that same brush

Interesting that Morrison is losing the battle on investment

Global funds management giant rejects Scott Morrison's attack on activist investors https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/09/global-funds-management-giant-rejects-scott-morrisons-attack-on-activist-investors?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard