Jump to content
wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

only for a few seconds plus what jordan is saying is actually right

but i dont expect you or many people to actually like that video either way with or without jordan

I’m guessing it’s the usual women have a women’s day why can’t we have a mans day 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m guessing it’s the usual women have a women’s day why can’t we have a mans day 

 

nah its just peterson describing the apex fallacy

though the women's video believes in international man's day and i personally think both men and women deserve to have their issues focused on

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Did you watch her on Q&A?

She was demented...as I think Goat might have said.

What she said was indefensible, from the little I could actually take in, my brain was so numb with her rantings.

Now this is offensive 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Now this is offensive 

 

i honestly dont know enough about tommy robinson to comment but racism in all its forms is bad,

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Labor just aren’t making enough of a performance or spectacularisation of the situation

 

No they're not.

Not so far.

I know they've been burned in the past (pardon the pun) and maybe they're waiting for things to get even worse, which I, sadly, think they will.

But they need to come out swinging soon...as your article observed.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

No they're not.

Not so far.

I know they've been burned in the past (pardon the pun) and maybe they're waiting for things to get even worse, which I, sadly, think they will.

But they need to come out swinging soon...as your article observed.

Nope they have been smashed every time , you know soon as they come out “swinging” it will be portrayed as “political opportunism” ironically by a ****wit in a baseball cap standing at a map he doesn’t understand 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i honestly dont know enough about tommy robinson to comment but racism in all its forms is bad,

Founder of the English Defence League a far right anti Islam group and former British Nationalist Party guy

basically like those Australian patriot nutters (Blair cotterel) but British 

Rubin defines him as a moderate who just cares for his country 

So when we talk about indefensible, I might of described him as indefensible but seeing as he makes a decent living out of defending far right nutters I’m not sure what is and isn’t defensible now 

In short he and Rubin are twats but Rubin is the more dangerous  twat as he is a clever one 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

*Beer’s findings in 1987, published in 1988 as “Australian bushfire danger under changing climatic regimes”, became the first study in the world to ask what climate change was going to mean for wildfires.
 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/17/what-could-i-have-done-the-scientist-who-predicted-the-bushfire-emergency-four-decades-ago

 

 

 

*Not the guy that posts on here

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Nope they have been smashed every time , you know soon as they come out “swinging” it will be portrayed as “political opportunism” ironically by a ****wit in a baseball cap standing at a map he doesn’t understand 

They have to challenge that " not now" diversion.

Morrison's  lump of coal moment in Parliament should become a global meme depicting the irresponsibility of politicians who have espoused denial and inaction for decades.

Maybe even what has happened this last week isn't enough to galvanise the majority to demand change. But sooner or later people who have gone along with him will be affected, and the tide will turn.

Surely.  SURELY!

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

*Beer’s findings in 1987, published in 1988 as “Australian bushfire danger under changing climatic regimes”, became the first study in the world to ask what climate change was going to mean for wildfires.
 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/17/what-could-i-have-done-the-scientist-who-predicted-the-bushfire-emergency-four-decades-ago

 

 

 

*Not the guy that posts on here

Yes.

It's been known f or decades.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Founder of the English Defence League a far right anti Islam group and former British Nationalist Party guy

basically like those Australian patriot nutters (Blair cotterel) but British 

Rubin defines him as a moderate who just cares for his country 

So when we talk about indefensible, I might of described him as indefensible but seeing as he makes a decent living out of defending far right nutters I’m not sure what is and isn’t defensible now 

In short he and Rubin are twats but Rubin is the more dangerous  twat as he is a clever one 

 

 

oh then he is very racist, i hate those austrlaian patriot nutcases

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, wendybr said:

They have to challenge that " not now" diversion.

Morrison's  lump of coal moment in Parliament should become a global meme depicting the irresponsibility of politicians who have espoused denial and inaction for decades.

Maybe even what has happened this last week isn't enough to galvanise the majority to demand change. But sooner or later people who have gone along with him will be affected, and the tide will turn.

Surely.  SURELY!

What they have to do is highlight the reduction in funds and staff from frontline services......

.....".Under the 2019-20 NSW State Budget, Fire and Rescue had its capital expenditure budget cut by $28.5 million or 35 per cent. The Rural Fire Service has its capital expenditure budget cut by $49.9 million or 75 per cent."........

https://independentaustralia.net/article-display/gladys-berejiklian-slashes-fire-service-budgets-while-nsw-burns,13307

"

In terms of the budget of day to day operations of the Fire services, Fire and Rescue had its budget cut by $12.9 million or 1.6% and the Rural Fire Service had its budget cut by $26.7 million or 4.8%.

However, there is also one other key pillar of fire fighting that has also been hit by the budget cuts of the NSW Coalition Government: the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service. One of the most important tasks performed by Parks and Wildlife is controlled hazard reduction burns.

This pre-emptive action ensures that when bushfire season does arrive, the amount of deadwood and fuel for the fire is kept to an absolute minimum. This helps to ensure that if and when fires do occur they are more manageable and far less of a threat to property and communities.".......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes...absolutely! :good:

Share this post


Link to post

I know.

Is this the guy that when they asked him for when he was getting his proof of the conspiracy from, he said it was in an online article from a rwnj, that he had read once.

And the BOM have all the records, and the changes that have been made to the way that these are recorded, freely available, for anyone to check and see.

Absolutely ridiculous that someone like this is in a position of power, and that nothing will happen to him as a result of him being unfit for public office.

Absolutely ridiculous that the reason that he is saying these things is not because he is weighing up available evidence, but that his general ideological position tells him that, given he believes in x, y, and z, he MUST also believe that climate change is not real. And will thus scramble for anything to avoid still believing x y and z, but acknowleding the other.

It's funny as well the faith these guys put in economists that continuously get **** wrong, and we have the scientists predicting this **** for 40 years and they get ignored.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, wendybr said:

Did you watch her on Q&A?

She was demented...as I think Goat might have said.

What she said was indefensible, from the little I could actually take in, my brain was so numb with her rantings.

https://10daily.com.au/views/a191110klvwz/clementine-ford-im-glad-were-up-in-arms-over-scary-words-on-qa-never-mind-the-women-being-slaughtered-20191111
 

mostly this 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

clem ford........yea might not click on that link anytime soon :P

 

people are upset because of the inciting of violence which is kinda a bad idea.........plus more men are murdered in Australia but no one talks about that(that said its usually men killing other men but that doesnt make it any better)

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

clem ford........yea might not click on that link anytime soon :P

 

people are upset because of the inciting of violence which is kinda a bad idea.........plus more men are murdered in Australia but no one talks about that(that said its usually men killing other men but that doesnt make it any better)

But did she really invite violence, she was asked A question on a discussion show to discuss when violence may be acceptable, she didn’t just come of nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

.......and delusional.

He's from the same happy clapper cult as Morrison. He wants publicity and followers so he can fleece them of money ala Hillsong.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Gee...the dinosaurs must of been utter chunts....he wiped those buggers out....:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

But did she really invite violence, she was asked A question on a discussion show to discuss when violence may be acceptable, she didn’t just come of nowhere.

well she did somewhat insight violence with her answer imo, her comparison to slavery was ridiculous, things might not be perfect but women are hardly slaves

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, mack said:

What did we do for god to punish us with Folau's **** dribbling?

Well, looking at it purely objectively, we allowed same sex marriage and abortion.

Share this post


Link to post

said this a few times but i have yet to hear a valid reason why australia day should not be changed, it just divides people and needlessly cause pain to Aboriginal's for no reason

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

said this a few times but i have yet to hear a valid reason why australia day should not be changed, it just divides people and needlessly cause pain to Aboriginal's for no reason

Exactly people not wanting to move it are just being arseholes for the sake of it

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...