City Crunched 3-0

Roly has obviously signed a contract  somewhere (Probably Perth, they must have a higher salary cap then us) 

He has gone from a world beater 3 games ago to not seen in Wellington and replaced at halftime against MCFC.  

2 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Roly has obviously signed a contract  somewhere (Probably Perth, they must have a higher salary cap then us) 

He has gone from a world beater 3 games ago to not seen in Wellington and replaced at halftime against MCFC.  

I noticed that too.  Maybe he is carrying an injury?

6 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Not yet but looks like his mind is in two places deciding what he should do. Hopefully he stays as i think Sydney FC will make a move for ABJ

Also had to shake my head at the numpty Fox commentator's remark regarding how one of the City players kept on running despite constantly getting chopped down.  Seriously, have to wonder what they are watching during the game sometimes.

14 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Also had to shake my head at the numpty Fox commentator's remark regarding how one of the City players kept on running despite constantly getting chopped down.  Seriously, have to wonder what they are watching during the game sometimes.

Speedie.....'nuff said !!

On 31/03/2019 at 10:59 AM, beatsurrender said:

The end of this season feels already done. These feel like pre-season games almost.

We have now dropped to 2nd worse on the attendance ladder. Averaging under 8.5k. Only Mariners worse.  Even with the SOP factor that's embarrassing with the number of our members. :(

The saddest thing about this is that we are no longer in a position to make fun of other clubs' crowds like Melbourne City and SFC.

20 minutes ago, Zakman said:

The saddest thing about this is that we are no longer in a position to make fun of other clubs' crowds like Melbourne City and SFC.

Why not? A terrible City or ESFC crowd is still terrible, independent of our crowds.

The sad thing is that people can now make fun of our crowds.

39 minutes ago, Zakman said:

I hope the  club feel as embarrassed by it as those that show up each game do.

Total disaster for three years.

Needs to be some big changes next year (and not just new stadium)

I’m with you, we are no position to criticise other teams when we are getting 7k crowds are likely to miss the finals for A second year 

21 minutes ago, Davo said:

Why not? A terrible City or ESFC crowd is still terrible, independent of our crowds.

The sad thing is that people can now make fun of our crowds.

Something about throwing stones while standing in a greenhouse 

Even if the "great revival" becomes a reality next season and we do get the huge crowds again, other clubs can claim that our club is just as plastic as every other team and its just the novelty of a new stadium. It will take a few seasons to wear this off. There is a Greek saying that states (roughly translated), the storm shows who is the good sea captain. Well we just went through a storm and our captains sucked! 

15 minutes ago, Zakman said:

Even if the "great revival" becomes a reality next season and we do get the huge crowds again, other clubs can claim that our club is just as plastic as every other team and its just the novelty of a new stadium. It will take a few seasons to wear this off. There is a Greek saying that states (roughly translated), the storm shows who is the good sea captain. Well we just went through a storm and our captains sucked! 

yes they will say that and they will be correct and it will be fully deserved and true.

16 minutes ago, Erebus said:

WSW will always point to us having the 2nd highest membership numbers. That's money in the bank. Doesn't matter if people show up or not if they've all pre paid their tickets for the season.

If anything, it just shows how much people cbf going to SOP every other week.

Also, it hasn't been every other week. We have had weeks on end with no matches at our home stadiums when it barely fels like the season has started. The past 2 seasons (?) we haven't been at home until about round 5. Then soon after that matches are crammed in for a few weeks. Then split rounds and international breaks make it almost feel like the season is over.

The last time I enjoyed a home game was the semi against Roar. The last time I truly enjoyed an away game - atmosphere, performance, result and all - was the S5 4:1 in Gosford, when Tyson had himself sent off. That's a long time ago.

I believe that some people appreciate the food at SOP. I don't go to football for the chow, but for the games. For me the whole SOP experience has been painful from back to front. Utter crap. The polar opposite of Parramatta.

I would like to think that these three transitional years will be remembered as the darkest period of the club as time moves on. No idea if it will take time for the club to be rebooted next season, everyone will have their own thoughts about that. But I personally can't wait for SOP to disappear in the rear mirror, and for us to return to Parra Mk 2. We are nearly there.

55 minutes ago, FCB said:

The last time I enjoyed a home game was the semi against Roar. The last time I truly enjoyed an away game - atmosphere, performance, result and all - was the S5 4:1 in Gosford, when Tyson had himself sent off. That's a long time ago.

I believe that some people appreciate the food at SOP. I don't go to football for the chow, but for the games. For me the whole SOP experience has been painful from back to front. Utter crap. The polar opposite of Parramatta.

I would like to think that these three transitional years will be remembered as the darkest period of the club as time moves on. No idea if it will take time for the club to be rebooted next season, everyone will have their own thoughts about that. But I personally can't wait for SOP to disappear in the rear mirror, and for us to return to Parra Mk 2. We are nearly there.

We will have everything going for us next year

- best stadium in the league 

- biggest and best juniors area

- headland of football

- good manager 

- training facilities etc

Hopefully can show some ambition with the signings (in particular imports and marquees) and we will have a decent season 

only time will tell how long the damage of sop years will take to fix. If we get a decent squad together and generate some interest with a name or two, maybe not long. If open up the new ground with a 5-0 derby defeat in front of sell our crowd, then much longer 

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

WSW will always point to us having the 2nd highest membership numbers. That's money in the bank. Doesn't matter if people show up or not if they've all pre paid their tickets for the season.

If anything, it just shows how much people cbf going to SOP every other week.

This is always my reply to the 'bandwagon' comments. If it really was a bandwagon why are people still renewing.

I honestly have not had a single intelligent reply to this question, not one.

53 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

This is always my reply to the 'bandwagon' comments. If it really was a bandwagon why are people still renewing.

F.O.M.O.

3 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

People keep renewing because they don't want to risk the chance of missing out on a place a the new stadium. The hope that it will bring back the atmosphere and the game day experience we once had. 

If next year is a dissapionment the membership numbers will go down. 

36 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

I get it, but the people who bag us don't get it.

Hopefully JT running the show at WSW gets it too, with the unwanted SWS team coming in he has 1 season to nail the recruiting - if he stuffs up we sink.

Exactly. Unfortunately we live in a schadenfreude society. No matter how well we do next season on and off the field, others will always refer to the last 3 seasons which to them showed that our fans are as fickle as the rest and that Western Sydney fans being the most passionate was just an illusion. It is going to take a few seasons to get back that reputation.

I wonder if Keiren Baccus still has a soft spot for the Wanderers , he tried a few attempts at scoring on Saturday but as usual they all went high and wide :) 

So during training during week in Melbourne Baccus took a shot on goal , well the ball went so wide it collected Jamie Maclaren and knocked him out cold for 3 minutes :xnod:

So Maclaren misses the game against us due to concussion :good:how good is that 

12 minutes ago, Keithie said:

I wonder if Keiren Baccus still has a soft spot for the Wanderers , he tried a few attempts at scoring on Saturday but as usual they all went high and wide :) 

So during training during week in Melbourne Baccus took a shot on goal , well the ball went so wide it collected Jamie Maclaren and knocked him out cold for 3 minutes :xnod:

So Maclaren misses the game against us due to concussion :good:how good is that 

Nah. He realises now that Joyce is a shite coach.