Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Wanderers 6/04/2019 5:35PM

Wanderers

Ins: 19.Mark BRIDGE (promoted), 33.Tate RUSSELL (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (knee - indefinite), 34.Patrick ZIEGLER (injury – knee)

Newcastle 

Ins: 10.Ronald VARGAS (return from injury), 13.Ivan VUJICA (promoted), 32.Angus THURGATE (promoted)
Outs: 16.Nick COWBURN (omitted)
Unavailable: 3.Jason HOFFMAN (ankle – TBC)

Referee: Adam Fielding
Assistant Referee 1: Ryan Gallagher
Assistant Referee 2: James Cleal
Fourth Official: Stephen Laurie
VAR: Craig Zetter

No Kris Griffiths-Jones as VAR :woah:

I went 5 seasons straight without missing a Newcastle away trip. I haven’t done one for two seasons now cause they keep scheduling them at inconvenient times that make it hard to get there.

Why couldn’t they have scheduled this game before amateur season started?? By the time I finish playing on Saturday it will be 5 and I’m no chance of making it. I’m sure there’s plenty in this boat also. 

You’d think that for a NSW away game where people are likely to want to travel in good numbers, they’d try everything to make it as easy as possible? Helps the Mariners and Jets also.

16/17: Sat April 1 - 5:30pm (opening rounds of amateur season)

17/18: Sun 29 Oct - 5pm - I went to this game - no dramas

17/18: Friday Dec 22 - 7:50pm (weeknight = traffic chaos, Christmas party season)

18/19: Sat April 6 - 5:35pm (opening rounds of amateur season)

So one away game in the past three seasons that was what I’d consider pretty easy to get to.

Edited by hughsey
41 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I went 5 seasons straight without missing a Newcastle away trip. I haven’t done one for two seasons now cause they keep scheduling them at inconvenient times that make it hard to get there.

Why couldn’t they have scheduled this game before amateur season started?? By the time I finish playing on Saturday it will be 5 and I’m no chance of making it. I’m sure there’s plenty in this boat also. 

You’d think that for a NSW away game where people are likely to want to travel in good numbers, they’d try everything to make it as easy as possible? Helps the Mariners and Jets also.

The FFA and their predecessors have plenty of form - I remember how Soccer Australia used to often schedule Socceroos games on Saturday afternoon when the amateur season was on. There was a suggestion this was deliberate at times which is just treasonous and if not, just inept - seems things haven't changed - see the free kick given to NRL/AFL when the "international window" was on and only Olyroos playing.....

8 hours ago, hughsey said:

16/17: Sat April 1 - 5:30pm (opening rounds of amateur season)

17/18: Sun 29 Oct - 5pm - I went to this game - no dramas

17/18: Friday Dec 22 - 7:50pm (weeknight = traffic chaos, Christmas party season)

18/19: Sat April 6 - 5:35pm (opening rounds of amateur season)

So one away game in the past three seasons that was what I’d consider pretty easy to get to.

Can’t see me making it up to Newcastle. My kick off is 1pm I could probably make kick off if I leave straight away but a 5 hour round trip with no pub time in the middle is a bit much 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Can’t see me making it up to Newcastle. My kick off is 1pm I could probably make kick off if I leave straight away but a 5 hour round trip with no pub time in the middle is a bit much 

They serve beer at the stadium!

I’ll put forward the counter argument - 5.35pm on Saturday strikes me as the best time for a an away trip to Newcastle (or an way trip to Sydney for Newcastle fans) given it allows the majority of people a chance to return home at a semi-reasonable hour on the one day they both don’t have to work early or worry about work the following morning. If it means some people have to choose between playing or watching because the chosen Saturday coincides with the amateur season, then so be it, especially if it’s in the cooler part of the year.

That all said I won’t be there - it’s a bit too far from Canberra.

Edited by Generator
52 minutes ago, Generator said:

I’ll put forward the counter argument - 5.35pm on Saturday strikes me as the best time for a an away trip to Newcastle (or an way trip to Sydney for Newcastle fans) given it allows the majority of people a chance to return home at a semi-reasonable hour on the one day they both don’t have to work early or worry about work the following morning. If it means some people have to choose between playing or watching because the chosen Saturday coincides with the amateur season, then so be it, especially if it’s in the cooler part of the year.

That all said I won’t be there - it’s a bit too far from Canberra.

The times fine, it’s the date that people are complaining about if it was last week or week before it would have been fine 

Another nostalgia inducing clip....

Who can you spot here?

So far for me, it's FCB at 2.34...looking ecstatic!! :yahoo:

Ahh..an additional reason for him to look so happy!!  :D

Probably most of us forumites are in or around that tunnel somewhere.

I dont know if I’m lucky or other local associations are just incompetent 

we can pretty much move any game we want as long as the other club agrees 

example we were supposed to play Friday night this week and the other team had a wedding they told us a week before so we moved it to Sunday 

We can plan any night of the week as can most other clubs as long as you have lighting 

Out playing numbers are up dramatically over least few years we have gone 2 extra all age divisions for men and ladies and 1 extra for over 35s this year 

i figure because it’s more flexible word is spreading 

pressure ur associations without your registration money they will soon hear you

13 minutes ago, mack said:

Lineup:

Vedran, Llorente, Hamill, Elrich (CB), Kamau (RB), Baccus, Mahazi, Baumjohann, Duke, Yeboah, Riera

Subs: Gallifuoco, Tass, Roly, Majok, Suman

Of the starting 11, only Mahazi and Treejack weren't present in that forgettable R17 game. The others will remember it well, as will Roly, and here is their opportunity to make amends.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic