Finals Hopes Extinguished

It's basic

1. The team dominated for first 30 mins & then after huffing & puffing only had 1 goal to show for it
  2. Newy came out in the 2nd half & did what they had to do to get level. Then Vedran allows himself to be pushed into the goal with the pill in his useless fücking gloves, then looks around as if he's a spotlighted Roo (a sight so common this season he should be kicked to the curb the minute the whistle blows against Victory)
  3. The best Baccus is ours
  4. More defensive errors from guys who would struggle to get a start in any of our first 4 seasons teams, and are barely a step up from the likes of Golec & Mullen.
  5. Babbel has tried his best to polish a Richard the III he inherited from Gonebau, & whilst some of his signings have worked out the lead ballast in the squad is killing the club

oh & a big thank you to the Little Hitlers of Newy's secco crew & their Sicherheitdienst comrades from NSW Police. They made sure that any dangerous practices like fans being active were kept under a tight lid.

7 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Mate, your grammar is awful, but I'll try and reply to what I think you are talking about.

Yeah it’s generally pretty **** 

At work I have gammarly the chrome extension look after me

on my phone I got nothing 

so I deliver what the Aussie education system made of me 😂

5 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Then Vedran allows himself to be pushed into the goal with the pill in his useless fücking gloves, then looks around as if he's a spotlighted Roo (a sight so common this season he should be kicked to the curb the minute the whistle blows against Victory)

Betcha He didn't drop the Kebab.

15 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Just get Wendy to check and mark your posts pre submission.

I don't have tickets for the derby yet, and I think perhaps i wont. Why ruin a good weekend which includes the feel good opening up of the new stadium.

I wish the season was over with yesterdays game.

Edited by Smoggy
9 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

This is terrible I remember in season 3 we were at this point is it really that toxic again 

it’s hypocritical of me to say so because I sat on the couch but our travelling numbers were so low 

the club has much work to do 

I don’t think a shiny stadium will fix all if we start next season **** like this one 

1 hour ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Pssst GW!

It's not your grammar in that post ...it's your syntax and punctuation.

Not a full stop or comma in sight - but hey....you're busy!

And I understood every word! :D

I especially agreed with this bit "This is terrible I remember in season 3 we were at this point is it really that toxic again"  I just don't see that it helps.

13 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Have it on good advice that Elrich, Janjetovic & a third player were seen grabbing a kebab at 2.30 this arvo from a Newcastle shop.

Make of that what you will re motivation for a game kicking off 3 hours later...

Pics or it didn't happen

We managers to concede 3 of our 5 favourite types of goal 

We had a 

Llorente standing of his man goal

a Vedran punching the ball into his own goal 

a Hamill Elrich, Laurel and Hardy tribute act

Just missed the 

Hammil giving the ball away in the middle of the field goal

and the Vedran running out of his box waving his hands around like man chasing a train after he just realised left his iPad in the seat 

I think we should look at the positive side from yesterday , Duke and Yebouh  where sensational , imagine with a decent centre forward running of their crosses and through balls ,

young Baccus will be a sensation next year , Bruce Kamau showing signs of being a good defender , Ziegler and Tas as centre backs the big fella Giancarlo Gallifuoco with fitness  could be our hardman defending midfielder along side Baccus .

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Vedran is the worst keeper i have seen in 30 years following this game, and i have seen a few bad ones.

He's a fraud.

I would still argue that Redmayne was a worse keeper in general, whereas Snakes is the one who makes the worst mistakes.

Not going to defend him for the multiple fook ups this season, but you have to wonder how he would go if he had a better and more consistent group of backs in front of him. Or perhaps vice versa.

When one considers the heroics of Ante in the club's first few seasons he was ably assisted by having some of the best defenders the A-league has ever seen in front of him. They lifted for him and perhaps he lifted with them. Come forward to now and when you have Hamill, Elrich, Llorente, Risdon, Russell etc forming your back 4, is it any wonder Snakes is going to make blunders?

One thing for sure, he needs to be ditched if possible for next season.

3 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

I would still argue that Redmayne was a worse keeper in general, whereas Snakes is the one who makes the worst mistakes.

I think Redmayne more mistakes but they rarely led to goals (as far as I can remember)

1 hour ago, FCB said:

As of yesterday, I cannot take Janjetovic serious any longer as a football professional. He disqualified himself. Enough is enough.

He has always had this in him, even with his time at Easts. If we are wanting to win things, you can’t have a keeper making these types of mistakes. Even if they are only spread out every couple of games in the season, you just can’t afford to carry passengers.

16 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

I think Redmayne more mistakes but they rarely led to goals (as far as I can remember)

He has always had this in him, even with his time at Easts. If we are wanting to win things, you can’t have a keeper making these types of mistakes. Even if they are only spread out every couple of games in the season, you just can’t afford to carry passengers.

A good solid and reliable keeper is a must have. Having to spend time and money looking for a replacement keeper is a pain in the arse for any club, you just want that position nailed down for long periods and not have to worry about it.

Edited by Smoggy

We could still make the finals if like Perth get hit with salary cap breaches again...

But yeah if this Vedran thing is true he can go jump to another club because his attitude is clearly not on. And now his mistakes are returning. I recall he said before like “it’s just a game”

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

A good solid and reliable keeper is a must have. Having to spend time and money looking for a replacement keeper is a pain in the arse for any club, you just want that position nailed down for long periods and not have to worry about it.

He had a shocking run this year. The R8 red card, the R12 excursion, R16 goofing around in Brisbane, and now a solid own goal in R24. He's lost us 8 points plus. That's not a goal keeper. It's a liability.

The only thing I felt was at half time when even being 1-0 up I just pictured Newcastle saying to each other 'if we just go at them they'll crumble'.

They're going to have to pay out Vedran's contract and he can go elsewhere, like he already does mentally during a match when we need him.

I think this loss has happened at best possible time. The season was over long ago we all clung to hope but we knew deep down inside it was over in January.  We have been doing well since the previous Newcastle game winning games but without anyone really testing us, I take away the Nix result because it had other factors in there, this game is a true indicator of where we are at and where we need to strengthen our squad for next season.

It seems when things are going well we step up and build confidence in the game, but the moment the momentum goes against us we still crumble, we lose shape, mistakes happen and we look like a team that deserves to be in 8th place. Also like to point out despite the first 20 mins of dominance we didn't really make a clear chance Newcastle defending was effective and the counters from the Jets were always dangerous the game was evenly poised in the first half and in the second they took control and ran over the top of us.

Ya know,, nothing else this season would matter if we could end those toffy nosed pin heads from East Sydney their slim chance of being first past the post.

Come on every one including RBB lets get em up for this game , we could even say nice things about Janjetovic :) 

Come on you Bloody Wanderers !!!!!!!!!

On 06/04/2019 at 8:39 PM, mack said:

I wonder what toppings they got with it.

And who the 3rd player was.

I was with Manfred and heard the story firsthand from the garlic sauce. I know who the third player is. Anyone want to take a guess... 

First person to get it right wins an expired Balkanite beer voucher :drinks:

On 07/04/2019 at 9:12 AM, Taurus said:

Pics or it didn't happen

I know the person very well who saw the players at the kebab store. I don't have any doubts about the truth of this story. He was able to give the exact store and time. 

The worse thing was, knowing who the players were, you could see them getting exhausted at the start of the second half and we knew exactly why. It ******* burned :xmad: