Jump to content
mack

Western Sydney Stadium Open!

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Despite the Sun...the vibe in the East has always been better than in the West..on the numerous occasions I've been there.

Apart from the ACL games...which were all in the West, all my very best Wanderers memories have been in the East Stand...Sun or no Sun.

Ok..so maybe it is just me with my surly **** you attitude :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Guess those of us from the shady side of the stadium just have to look forward to the same experience as enjoying the Summer afternoon Sun up at Gosford on numerous occasions.

 :lol::lol:

I' ve personally seen two people pass out from heatstroke at Gosford  and seen others severely effected by heat at Parra. I've said it previously that for all the rhetoric the FFA spins about providing a family friendly safe atmosphere, more spectators have been harmed by excessive heat due to 5pm kickoffs (thanks to Foxtel scheduling) than any crowd disturbance or physical harm by another spectator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zakman said:

I' ve personally seen two people pass out from heatstroke at Gosford  and seen others severely effected by heat at Parra. I've said it previously that for all the rhetoric the FFA spins about providing a family friendly safe atmosphere, more spectators have been harmed by excessive heat due to 5pm kickoffs (thanks to Foxtel scheduling) than any crowd disturbance or physical harm by another spectator.

You just reminded me about the time back in the old Parra Stadium when it was so hot the shops actually ran out of bottled water and it was like over 30 degree heat. It is something to be wary of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/04/24/the-thing-they-havent-told-you-about-bankwest-stadium/

Rumblings are growing louder. This article is just one of the comments I’ve seen about the west/east stand debate.

As soon as I saw the design I knew this would be an issue and sure enough, it’s fired up after only one game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Some People aren’t happy unless they can have good moan 

Brendon Speed said on the Baldcast that Sydney FC should play any finals game this season  at Bankwest Stadium because everyone is pandering to our Management.

I hope that Twitter warriors on here can give that smug b******* a touch up.

Edited by Paul01
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

he's blocked us all

:smurfpoint:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My seat is now on the east stand at the new parra stadium, I sat in my seat at the open day. Personally I don't mind it.

Considering that A-League games are KO late in the afternoon, this shouldn't be much of an issue as the sun will start setting behind the western grandstand by KO are at some point in the first half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Some People aren’t happy unless they can have good moan 

Looks like the FOP dopes have found a new thing to whinge about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mack said:

Looks like the FOP dopes have found a new thing to whinge about.

Did anyone get photos of those muppets wearing the “where is our pool” (or t-shirts to that effect) at the opening? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WSW fans whinge about everything but this is a fair argument imo. What’s ‘world class’ about not having an option for a sideline seat out of the sun? 

People copped it from the sun at the old stadium but at least there was an option to avoid it if you wished to. 

In 12-18 months time when the hype dies down, the eels have their annual capitulation and if WSW are still dragging the chain - it’s gonna be hard explaining to the average Joe why they can’t sit in the western stand when it’s only half full...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it’s easy 

security sit there telling everyone you are a commoner, Westie scum these seats are reserved for upper echelon of society 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

No it’s easy 

security sit there telling everyone you are a commoner, Westie scum these seats are reserved for upper echelon of society 😁

Tbh it kind of felt like they were doing that at the open day by letting people explore the western stand - likely because they’ll never get a chance to sit there. Like dangling a carrot in front lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hughsey said:

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/04/24/the-thing-they-havent-told-you-about-bankwest-stadium/

Rumblings are growing louder. This article is just one of the comments I’ve seen about the west/east stand debate.

As soon as I saw the design I knew this would be an issue and sure enough, it’s fired up after only one game...

Some interesting points in there Hughsey, as per the time slot for kick off can fully understand evening kick offs to avoid sun blast, but it does hinder the families who have younger kids, my whole family attended early kick offs at Pirtek behind the goal but these 7.55 kick offs which seem to be the norm now, means only my elder son and i attend as the two other times juinor was asleep before full time and whining all the way home, as a result no interest now in attending, i guess i am not the only dad here with that story.

Guess it is a balance thing, you want the younger kids as fans because they grow up as hardened dye in the wool WSW fans, so earlier kick offs make sense but not at the risk of alienating current fans by subjecting them to sun blindness, also i did not like from day one (but i have no control over stadium design) the west stand being fully used for corporate use, much fairer to spread around around the ground on one level between upper & lower in my opinion, but i do not control budget and design, just a fan who wants to watch a local football match with his sons.

As the old adage goes "you cant please all of the people all of the time"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Some interesting points in there Hughsey, as per the time slot for kick off can fully understand evening kick offs to avoid sun blast, but it does hinder the families who have younger kids, my whole family attended early kick offs at Pirtek behind the goal but these 7.55 kick offs which seem to be the norm now, means only my elder son and i attend as the two other times juinor was asleep before full time and whining all the way home, as a result no interest now in attending, i guess i am not the only dad here with that story.

Guess it is a balance thing, you want the younger kids as fans because they grow up as hardened dye in the wool WSW fans, so earlier kick offs make sense but not at the risk of alienating current fans by subjecting them to sun blindness, also i did not like from day one (but i have no control over stadium design) the west stand being fully used for corporate use, much fairer to spread around around the ground on one level between upper & lower in my opinion, but i do not control budget and design, just a fan who wants to watch a local football match with his sons.

As the old adage goes "you cant please all of the people all of the time"

 

Which is part of:

You can please some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time ......

And then there's Smoggy ......... !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least this season's semi-final won't be played at Bankwest 

Hyundai A-League 2019 Semi-Final 2

Date: Sunday 12 May 2019

Fixture: Sydney FC (2) v Highest-Ranked Elimination Final Winner

Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah

Kick-off Time: 7:00pm (AEST)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday 7pm lol. Good for Fox Sports, bad for everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sat on the Eastern side at old Parra, down close to the field.  It was great - yeah got warm in the arvo games but the atmosphere was fantastic and all was good.  I don't know what the Eels supporters are complaining about because the Eastern side would be the best place to sit in Winter for arvo games - will be warmer.  Bit unseasonal at the moment but surely not unbearable?

I just want to sit with a big bunch of other people in a good stadium and have sound blasting at us from a rejuvenated RBB after the painful experience of SOP.  A bit of sun, a bit of rain, a big hailstorm, bleak snow.  I don't really care because I will just think about SOP and everything will seem so positive and wonderful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×