Jump to content
mack

Western Sydney Stadium Open!

Recommended Posts

I love how the last few weeks leading up to it's opening day to now that Sydney FC fans were saying they should play their final series at Parramatta Stadium due to the fact it's a larger seat capacity compared to Kogarah's Jubilee Stadium.

Well, Hyundai A-League confirmed tonight that wasn't happening (which, I already knew it wasn't going to happen).

So, I had to make a meme out of it.

tefmUjr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

On 27/04/2019 at 8:44 PM, Xfactor said:

This season we’ve had one 5.30pm kick at SOP.. All season! Get over it

I am talking about the comp as whole. Early kickoffs is not the only, however definitely a reason for low crowds especially for teams like Mariners and Jets. The ideal kickoff time for a summer comp would be 6/6.30pm. No too late and more shade for the whole game. Unfortunately, this would mean games being played at the same time which doesn't suit TV demands. That was my point. The FFA and security clamp down on things that have caused hardly if any casualties yet are putting the spectators' comfort and health at risk for the tv coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody hell, I’m sick and tired of these pathetic pissing contests. The stadium wouldn’t have been rebuilt had it not been for all parties establishing the case, even if it may have been more the NRL rather than Parra themselves in the case of rugby league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly going to be a UFC MMA event held on the weekend of the NRL Grand Final (so Monday 7th the public holiday).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mack said:

Supposedly going to be a UFC MMA event held on the weekend of the NRL Grand Final (so Monday 7th the public holiday).

That should help to **** up the pitch before we start the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

******* great! Can’t they put it on in the middle of the ******* thugby season? With all the games they are playing they’ll screw it up during the winter, why wait till the spring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not with a shiny new stadium to use (and that needs paying for).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get used to it guys, it gonna get ravaged 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2019 at 11:28 PM, matty said:

Get used to it guys, it gonna get ravaged 

I'm thinking we should have had a roll-out pitch... we had the budget for that, right? Or, better yet an artificial pitch. Been fine for Atlanta United in the MLS. The pitch plays quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gazmon said:

I'm thinking we should have had a roll-out pitch... we had the budget for that, right? Or, better yet an artificial pitch. Been fine for Atlanta United in the MLS. The pitch plays quite well.

Doubt you’d find too many clubs willing to play on a synthetic pitch - Popa hated them and I doubt he’s alone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Doubt you’d find too many clubs willing to play on a synthetic pitch - Popa hated them and I doubt he’s alone 

The newer ones are't that bad. There was a bit of push back initially when Atlanta United first used the new stadium, but they adjusted quickly and I think the football is better off with a flat pitch than a grassy & bumpy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hughsey said:

Doubt you’d find too many clubs willing to play on a synthetic pitch - Popa hated them and I doubt he’s alone 

It’s the impact that’s the problem especially older players & the European players. The visa players always breakdown when they first come to Rooty hill describing the training pitches as concrete. 

Playing on a synthetic field is literally playing on concrete (it’s whats under the synthetic base).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

It’s the impact that’s the problem especially older players & the European players. The visa players always breakdown when they first come to Rooty hill describing the training pitches as concrete. 

Playing on a synthetic field is literally playing on concrete (it’s whats under the synthetic base).

They're much better now than what they were 3 or 4 years ago even. They just need to replenish the rubber base more frequently, providing you can handle the smell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re removing/reducing play on a lot of the synthetic pitches used in semi/elite football in the states because the research shows an increased incidence of soft tissue injuries (particularly ACL rupture) especially in female populations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing natural about astro turf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taurus said:

Nothing natural about astro turf

When they asked George Best if he preferred astro turf over grass he replied "I don't know, I've never smoked astro turf "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you're using the absolute top tier elite of the elite semi-synthetics hybrids (like Melbourne City have at their training academy), the only good uses for synthetics are in locations with awful growing weather (eg Scandinavia) and for high use pitches for junior leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumb question: does a licensed club mean a RSL like Marconi, Parra, Wenty etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A licensed club is just one that's allowed to sell alcohol. A club usually has rules about membership and guests etc, as opposed to say a pub, which also has a license, but isn't a licensed club.

A Leagues club is one that is attached to a rugby league club in some way, or at least was at the beginning.

An RSL club is run by the Returned Services League (just to make things confusing). I don't know if they would see themselves as a "Leagues Club" if they were being finicky.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, marron said:

A licensed club is just one that's allowed to sell alcohol. A club usually has rules about membership and guests etc, as opposed to say a pub, which also has a license, but isn't a licensed club.

A Leagues club is one that is attached to a rugby league club in some way, or at least was at the beginning.

An RSL club is run by the Returned Services League (just to make things confusing). I don't know if they would see themselves as a "Leagues Club" if they were being finicky.

 

thanks

It seemed odd to me considering how we have partnered with Marconi but if they think they have the finances to run a club that would be nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×