mack

Western Sydney Stadium Open

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hughsey said:

That looks like a giant pain in the arse transitioning between the two haha 

My bet is they will leave it as safe standing from October through to March and then once NRL starts it may be just seating for the rest of the aleague season. 

Nope. They will change accordingly. Why should WSW fans have to compromise at the tail end of the season and have seats?

This was a design choice by both major tenants and thus there is a job for life for the dudes swapping them in and out.

Edited by Erebus

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

55 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Nope. They will change accordingly. Why should WSW fans have to compromise at the tail end of the season and have seats?

This was a design choice by both major tenants and thus there is a job for life for the dudes swapping them in and out.

I agree. I can just see it happening though unfortunately out of laziness and logistics. Same way they don’t seem to bring in the temp seating at Marvel for Victory games anymore.

How long does it take to change the configuration I wonder?

14 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I agree. I can just see it happening though unfortunately out of laziness and logistics. Same way they don’t seem to bring in the temp seating at Marvel for Victory games anymore.

In that case we'll get a working bee together 

8 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

In that case we'll get a working bee together 

Yep.....lol

There many of us who were quite prepared to up tools and help with the demo of Pirtek to hasten a new stadium....!

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Eels played there on Sunday at 4 pm.

Completely installed earlier today so less than 48 hrs. I'm sure it would be part of an agreed contract for the Wanderers to be provided for all our games so I don't think we'll ever miss out on it.

The Eels play there again on the following Saturday at 3 pm after the Leeds game so no doubt the seats will be back in place. It's not really a big deal tbh to change from seats to safe standing and back again.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, mack said:

One would assume (perhaps, hopefully) that the club made it a mandatory requirement of their tenancy.

I would expect that is a given, considering the area has actually been sold as a safe standing area. Not sure the season ticket holders there would be happy to turn up and see an "unsafe seated" area instead!! :)

Edited by Wanderboy

It was the compromise in the design instead of the permanent rails that Eels were against. Its what was agreed and thus they'll swap them out when required.

48 hours this time, and before long it'll be 24 hours once they get a hang of the process and refine it, like the WWE riggers setting up and down their sets every other night.

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

48 hours this time, and before long it'll be 24 hours once they get a hang of the process and refine it, like the WWE riggers setting up and down their sets every other night.

I would liken us more to AEW, the new upstarts that the mainstream don't want to succeed

I still don’t understand why they wouldn’t at least trial it for Eels games. Nothing is more universally bogan than standing up, hand on hip whilst holding a cold one and watching the footy haha

27 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I still don’t understand why they wouldn’t at least trial it for Eels games. Nothing is more universally bogan than standing up, hand on hip whilst holding a cold one and watching the footy haha

Exactly - that's the way you watch footy at the pub right?  Maybe because it represents foreign soccer culture.

I'd say it's because people already have season tickets in those areas and would prefer a seat. 

Exactly. They sell seated tickets and people expect that. There isn't a culture of a terrace in NRL so it would be a hard sell for those fans. Especially since rival fans sit wherever they want at NRL. Meh, they have their seats, we have our rails. Its win win.

3 hours ago, Erebus said:

Exactly. They sell seated tickets and people expect that. There isn't a culture of a terrace in NRL so it would be a hard sell for those fans. Especially since rival fans sit wherever they want at NRL. Meh, they have their seats, we have our rails. Its win win.

The old grass hill is a huge part of rugby league culture. You watch any of the suburban grounds still in use and people flock there in massive numbers. The way I see it, a standing terrace is just a more regulated, possibly safer, version of that.

2 minutes ago, hughsey said:

The old grass hill is a huge part of rugby league culture. You watch any of the suburban grounds still in use and people flock there in massive numbers. The way I see it, a standing terrace is just a more regulated, possibly safer, version of that.

But they usually sit on the grass. It's as much a family area as anything else. 

What they need to do is for the next eels game leave the back 2 rows as safe standing and watch how many people love it. The game after, leave 3-4 rows as safe standing.

Won't be long until they realise how awesome it is.

How good was it not to have security patroling the aisles.....hardly noticed the police.........kudos to the club if they got the seccos and cops to tone down the enforcement. Awesome atmosphere.

The security on the pitch was excessive I counted 62,one guy was standing up on the half way line blocking the view of the game and they all stood up in injury time blocking the view.

24 minutes ago, sonar said:

How good was it not to have security patroling the aisles.....hardly noticed the police.........kudos to the club if they got the seccos and cops to tone down the enforcement. Awesome atmosphere.

Can you imagine a big finals game at this new place with everyone pumped, it will be amazing...

1 hour ago, sonar said:

I think there will still be issues with security unfortunately. Already saw a few pathetic incidents. 

9 hours ago, wengerboy said:

The security on the pitch was excessive I counted 62,one guy was standing up on the half way line blocking the view of the game and they all stood up in injury time blocking the view.

Think you’ll find that’s because they’ve already had a few pitch invasions at NRL games 

- Safe standing is great. Probably going to result in bare edges of the terrace though as it encourages people to pack in together. My lazy ass misses being able to sit down at half time and have a breather I must admit lol

- The bar is quick and easy but the flow of the food outlets is very slow. The staff take forever. I don’t usually buy food at games so wont affect me much. Bit exotic some of the food on offer though haha

- That western stand is going to be a complete white elephant outside of the derby. Even last night I counted a few empty suites/boxes and empty seats. The prawn sandwich brigade really suck the life out of the party too by having no idea wtf is going on as evidenced with the WDWSF. They gotta work something out there.

- Getting into the stadium was great. No pat downs or metal detecting, very efficient and quick.

- The PA system wasn’t as bad as ANZ but still annoyingly loud particularly with those morons screaming down the microphone. Light show was a bit of a wank but good luck to those who like it I suppose.

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

- Safe standing is great. Probably going to result in bare edges of the terrace though as it encourages people to pack in together. My lazy ass misses being able to sit down at half time and have a breather I must admit lol

- The bar is quick and easy but the flow of the food outlets is very slow. The staff take forever. I don’t usually buy food at games so wont affect me much. Bit exotic some of the food on offer though haha

- That western stand is going to be a complete white elephant outside of the derby. Even last night I counted a few empty suites/boxes and empty seats. The prawn sandwich brigade really suck the life out of the party too by having no idea wtf is going on as evidenced with the WDWSF. They gotta work something out there.

- Getting into the stadium was great. No pat downs or metal detecting, very efficient and quick.

- The PA system wasn’t as bad as ANZ but still annoyingly loud particularly with those morons screaming down the microphone. Light show was a bit of a wank but good luck to those who like it I suppose.

I was in the NW corner seats right up against the corporate stand..the suits at the the round tables scoffing and drinking were comfotably within throwing and verbal abuse distance i am pleased to say.

Posted (edited)

View from the last row, not too shabby as discussed:

20190720-192635.jpg

It feels more immediate than my shitty phone reveals, that's for sure.

You can see the tower past the stadium. Yay :lol:

Edited by marron

5 hours ago, hughsey said:

- The bar is quick and easy but the flow of the food outlets is very slow.

One of the outlets behind the RBB was closed I think, that couldn't have helped.

Hey guys, has it been confirmed if we play all home games at the new stadium?

13 minutes ago, Jowel said:

Hey guys, has it been confirmed if we play all home games at the new stadium?

All 13 A-League games, all home FFA Cup matches from Quarter Finals (so if we get drawn at home in R16 assuming we beat Perth we might not play there), future Champions League games. I believe at least some W-League games will be played there as well, depending on the draw schedule for both games, as it'd need to be Saturday or Sunday games with both teams at home in the same round.

Awesome. 

I haven’t been keeping up with this. What is the source you have? A-League draw doesn’t seem to have been released either