mack

Western Sydney Stadium Open

13 minutes ago, Jowel said:

Awesome. 

I haven’t been keeping up with this. What is the source you have? A-League draw doesn’t seem to have been released either

Club & stadium confirmed it a few months ago.

Draw looks like coming this week, or next at the very latest.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

7 hours ago, mack said:

One of the outlets behind the RBB was closed I think, that couldn't have helped.

I think that one opened at 6:30pm. That’s what the sign said out the front of it. Never went back out once I went back into the bloc so couldn’t confirm 

On 21/07/2019 at 9:26 AM, hughsey said:

- That western stand is going to be a complete white elephant outside of the derby. Even last night I counted a few empty suites/boxes and empty seats. The prawn sandwich brigade really suck the life out of the party too by having no idea wtf is going on as evidenced with the WDWSF. They gotta work something out there.

I think the RBB shouldn't bother doing the WDWSF with the Western Stand. It was evident on TV when they went in that direction as the response was non existent (other stands were really loud on TV).

Do the Upper Tier on the North and do the Eastern Stand sometimes. That's it. Don't bother with the Western Stand. Just pretend it isn't there for any future involvement and call and response chants.

Who's idea was it to make the WHOLE western stand corporate? Surely there aren't that many of them to warrant a whole stand...

1 minute ago, WSWgun said:

Who's idea was it to make the WHOLE western stand corporate? Surely there aren't that many of them to warrant a whole stand...

The govt and the boards of the respective clubs I presume. They do need a section for corporate sponsors but the top half of the Western stand I would be ok with.....the lower tiers should be for the fans. The WDWSF was pathetic from the western stand wasn't it.

That would be a great idea! Having noise coming from every direction would be so much more intimidating, like the old days. And yes, that WDWSF was piss poor. 

37 minutes ago, WSWgun said:

Cost. Cheaper/faster this way. 

I thought at the Member Committee that the club was looking to sell the lower tiers to members. Hope that happens soon.

That should be what happens in the long run shouldn't it.

1 hour ago, WSWgun said:

Instead of spreading the corporate and media boxes around the stadium, its easier to have them all on one side so the facilities (kitchens/bars etc) are all housed in the one area to service them all.

That's how I see it.

Can we di something about those benches.... They look like a bus stop for the T-way.

Perhaps a two or three row like proper football clubs...

4 hours ago, alexd said:

Can we di something about those benches.... They look like a bus stop for the T-way.

Perhaps a two or three row like proper football clubs...

Good enough for Real Madrid  to have a single row of seats but not good enough for us. People will whinge about anything.

They still could’ve put the suites and boxes on the one side of the ground and had normal seating at the same time. It’s excessive in its current arrangement.

It’s only a matter of time before the bottom bowl of seating in front of those suites has to become available for normal membership again. I’m not talking about these $1k+ categories either, just standard western, red memberships like the old stadium. 

I know several people now who’ve scored free tickets to those suits/seating through friends or business associates who had spare tickets. Doesn’t even sound like it’s that popular corporately. Perhaps for derbies and ACL games but that’s about it.

16 minutes ago, mack said:

Without the massively improved corporate facilities on that side there wouldn't be a new stadium.

True, but for most of the season it's going to be a dead zone for participation if the Leeds game is anything to go by.

11 hours ago, mack said:

Without the massively improved corporate facilities on that side there wouldn't be a new stadium.

Good!!  Because that would've meant not having to endure three seasons at SOP! 

Who cares if the West stand is all corporate. You have a good seat, enjoy it. There is more than enough noise to go round, the players aren't going to be concerned if their left ear is bringing in 1 dB less sound than their right

1 minute ago, matty said:

Who cares if the West stand is all corporate. You have a good seat, enjoy it. There is more than enough noise to go round, the players aren't going to be concerned if their left ear is bringing in 1 dB less sound than their right

One of the most intimidating things about Parra was the wall to wall fan participation from ALL sections of the ground. When the WDWSF call went to all four corners of the ground they got a loud reply, It may be me but It was noticeable how flat the WDWSF ended when the RBB did the chant to the corporates and there was no response. A third of the ground in silence.

Don't get me wrong the new stadium is fantastic.....have no complaints about the view etc.

2 minutes ago, matty said:

The wdwsf doesn't need to and shouldn't go to the corporate side, not a big deal. 

Corporate can be included in the Southern end for WDWSF

Step 1) WDWSF to the Upper RBB tier. (gets the rest of the stadium's attention) 

Step 2) WDWSF to the Eastern Stand.

Step 3) WDWSF to the whole stadium including Southern Stand and Corporates.

:woah:

9 hours ago, Zakman said:

Think of Bankwest as Australia's Bombonera, Isn't that supposed to be one of the most intimidating stadiums in the world?

Image result for BOCA JUNIORS STADIUM

So what you're saying is we need a massive banner from top tier to bottom...I like...

9 minutes ago, Erimus said:

So what you're saying is we need a massive banner from top tier to bottom...I like...

I was hoping for one against Leeds and our return home.

Would be amazing....but will the boffins in charge let us.....after tifogate.....not sure.

9 hours ago, Zakman said:

Think of Bankwest as Australia's Bombonera, Isn't that supposed to be one of the most intimidating stadiums in the world?

Image result for BOCA JUNIORS STADIUM

And this is one of the most intimidating and it hasn't got a roof. 

18 hours ago, sonar said:

I was hoping for one against Leeds and our return home.

Would be amazing....but will the boffins in charge let us.....after tifogate.....not sure.

Massive banner that can be reused each home game would be the way to go.

it would be such a shame if the western stand burnt down to a crisp along with all the corporate/media people. such a shame.