mack

Western Sydney Stadium Open

Did they end up putting the supports/wires in from the roof for tifos? Like the big ones you see them hang in Europe

Just saw Bankwest used for NSW NRL State Cup final. 

1 hour ago, beatsurrender said:

say it aint so - will they limit the away section to the 10% or whatever is the minimum mandatory for the away team..or worse, have mega mixed seating which would be asking for trouble big time just to "play that game in front of a much bigger audience" 

Geez, another opportunity to destroy the pitch!!

bankwest_logo.png?size=200x0&w=BdiN5Ccmz5oIjmfa_-vGrEPC3uD4

BWS_CC_PreSaleeDM.jpg?size=800x0&w=B7aUioHOOH15Zuwrbesdrn4x9CPo

There’s nothing more Australian than hot sun, warm waves and COLD CHISEL – especially on the eve of the Australia Day weekend. 

The bands classic songs like Khe Sanh, Flame Trees, Bow River, My Baby, Cheap Wine, Saturday Night and You Got Nothing I Want have become the soundtrack to our summers. 

Now, for the first time ever, this legendary Australian band will be playing a series of very special outdoors shows this summer on their Blood Moon Tour 2020.

As part of this very rare occurrence, COLD CHISEL will do one of their biggest gigs ever in the very first concert played at Bankwest Stadium on Friday 24 January. 

Fittingly the concert at Bankwest Stadium will boast a huge line-up of support acts that are as rare and memorable as a Blood Moon. COLD CHISEL will be joined by the mighty Hoodoo Gurus, Birds of Tokyo and Busby Marou.  

As a fan of Bankwest Stadium you get the opportunity to purchase before the general public on sale. The presale commences at 2pm on Wednesday 16 October and runs through to 2pm on Friday 18 October (local time)*.

I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know if they are running buses between the stadium and Parramatta station? I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

1 minute ago, Skoorb said:

I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know if they are running buses between the stadium and Parramatta station? I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I'm sure there is on game day.

In saying that, it's a pleasant 15 minute walk past plenty of food options.

Make the most of it!!

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

I'm sure there is on game day.

In saying that, it's a pleasant 15 minute walk past plenty of food options.

Make the most of it!!

Excellent. Will do. 

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Geez, another opportunity to destroy the pitch!!

At least we don't play another game until the 15th of Feb 3 weeks later.

20 minutes ago, mack said:

At least we don't play another game until the 15th of Feb 3 weeks later.

Sydney 7’s on in the first week of Feb as well, two days of Rugby :xmad:

Just now, hawks2767 said:

Rugby in Western Sydney why ?

Of all the codes to not know their place in this city...

Because the NSW govt wants to gets its ROIC ASAP to pay for the overtime to finish the on time

5 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Because the NSW govt wants to gets its ROIC ASAP to pay for the overtime to finish the on time

Get over it!

29 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Let's not forget that they have to keep bending over and parting for the bum cheeks for their mates at the SCG Trust. All those stalwart rugger bugger elbow patch wearing types like Jonesy et al who are miffed that Berejiklian et al have screwed the pooch over the redevelopment of the old SFS.

Can't have the state Lib MPs going up to their old mates from Kings, Sydney Grammar, Knox etc and saying 'Sorry old bean...you can't have games day down at Paddington this year' without expecting them to ask for some kind of payback.

On 09/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, Skoorb said:

I remember seeing the same buses they used at the old Parra (the old ones in all white) at the new stadium, so assume yes? Hard to say, I’d ask at the station!

Here is some information on the buses found from the Wanderers match day info

ACCESSIBLE SHUTTLE

With limited disability parking available at Bankwest Stadium, there will be a shuttle that runs from the Parramatta Interchange to Bankwest Stadium. More information can be found here. 

https://transportnsw.info/events/2019/10/league-western-sydney-wanderers-v-central-coast-mariners

First competition game at BankWest and there wouldn’t have even been 1000 people in the Western stand. From the RBB it looked like there were lucky to be 5-600 at best. Less than two thirds of the stand’s capacity... 

If it doesn’t fill up significantly more at the derby then people have every right to be asking why the average joe can’t go and sit there.

Serious design flaw it is. Only bad part of the ground.

First competition game at BankWest and there wouldn’t have even been 1000 people in the Western stand. From the RBB it looked like there were lucky to be 5-600 at best. Less than two thirds of the stand’s capacity... 

If it doesn’t fill up significantly more at the derby then people have every right to be asking why the average joe can’t go and sit there.

Probably will fill up.... with Sky Blue shirts for the derby, wont it?? :rolleyes:

Edited for clarity.

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Probably will fill up.... with Sky Blue shirts for the derby, wont it?? :rolleyes:

No. School holidays will see the return of a number of families. Plus a more hated opposition. Plus the inevitable spectacle hunters.

You may have noticed where CCM "actives" where, Southwest corner. They will be well away from the main memberships. Plus they have to enter by the South gates. 

Methinks the cops will be watching the Cove quite closely.

2 hours ago, hughsey said:

Serious design flaw it is. Only bad part of the ground.

Had to laugh when the RBB started revving up for  a WDWSF with teh western stand, then went 'Oops, wait a sec' and then did one with the upper level of the northern stand :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

No. School holidays will see the return of a number of families. Plus a more hated opposition. Plus the inevitable spectacle hunters.

You may have noticed where CCM "actives" where, Southwest corner. They will be well away from the main memberships. Plus they have to enter by the South gates. 

Have to give it to the travelling Dynamo Woy Woy fans. Not bad numbers for a mob that has been further down the S-bend of competitive football than almost anyone else since the NZ Knights. They even had a 30-60 second period where they sounded louder than us (i.e. after their goal when the RBB paused for a little while).

Anyone notice the clock on the southwestern screen stopped 75 mins?

Was this why the poznan happened at 85 min?

22 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I was actually only talking about the corporate stand that Hughsey had referred to in his post - rather than the stadium as a whole. 

Away supporters can buy over there, can they????

Or do we think those seats would have been purchased as WSW membership Platium seats - which is what they were offered as, I think, even if not many people were over there last night?

24 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Anyone notice the clock on the southwestern screen stopped 75 mins?

Was this why the poznan happened at 85 min?

I was wondering if that had something to do with the time being adjusted given the VAR took so long to judge an incident that occurred a couple of minutes prior.

37 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I was wondering if that had something to do with the time being adjusted given the VAR took so long to judge an incident that occurred a couple of minutes prior.

That was before the review plus time adds on only for central ref running and reviewing.

I thought it might have been that the clock stopped at 80:00 as it was still in NRL mode?

I didn't notice when it actually went off 

I wondered if they waited until after the penalty

21 minutes ago, Pup55 said:

I thought it might have been that the clock stopped at 80:00 as it was still in NRL mode?

I didn't notice when it actually went off 

75 min