mack

Western Sydney Stadium Open

4 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Could it be that there were complimentary tickets held up for sponsors of the ALeague?

So they "sold out" of tickets available to the general public but did not reach capacity?

Their were empty seats up the top of both ends & a fair amount as well as in at least a thousand.  The only explanation I can think of is what you've specified in regards to complimentary tickets. No one in their right mind who had an existing membership or had bought a ticket with their own hard earned wouldn't show up in those numbers.  

30 minutes ago, SBW said:

Noticed the amount of people standing around the perimeter of the terraces while watching the game, I think a standing only ticket is the other option if the club or BWS want to maximise their attendences

Adelaide do standing only seats for big games.

50 minutes ago, MeurantsLane said:

Their were empty seats up the top of both ends & a fair amount as well as in at least a thousand.  The only explanation I can think of is what you've specified in regards to complimentary tickets. No one in their right mind who had an existing membership or had bought a ticket with their own hard earned wouldn't show up in those numbers.  

I think Vince Rugari and Adam Peacock mentioned a lot of people didn't actually make it to their seats and were standing or sitting among the steps and bars of the stadium

34 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I think Vince Rugari and Adam Peacock mentioned a lot of people didn't actually make it to their seats and were standing or sitting among the steps and bars of the stadium

What? Too steep for them?

I'd be surprised if the crowd figure wasn't fairly accurate - they are pretty pedantic in only counting scanned entries for us members of the public these days - perhaps the suggestion that many people watched from the bar/terrace areas is accurate - certainly we had two guys up with another guy on a walker in the disabled area so they never came down to their seats and there were a heap of people standing behind them watching for the whole game - the view from there is really good and I stood there myself for a bit.  

Not so sure how careful they are about counting in the box/posh areas in the Western stand though...

Expect it. The NRL’s double/triple headers up in Brisbane are a big success, so it stands to reason the NRL would try something similar at Parramatta (be it cross/code or NRL specific). The new stadium is the perfect ground for that sort of event, to be honest.

ps as a Brumbies fan who occasionally checks out the Raiders I’m tempted to head over to Auckland for that match. After I head over to watch the Wanderers play, of course!

Edited by Generator

Sorry if this has been covered before but are there any restrictions on bringing your own food and water into Bankwest? I'm bringing an Indonesian family tomorrow and don't want any issues at the gate

14 hours ago, Potkorok said:

Sorry if this has been covered before but are there any restrictions on bringing your own food and water into Bankwest? I'm bringing an Indonesian family tomorrow and don't want any issues at the gate

Avoid any cans, metal or glass bottle type containers. Haven’t tried bringing in food myself but was okay with all the baby food, drink & etc

On 01/11/2019 at 10:42 PM, Potkorok said:

I can’t even get a bottle of water into the ground but they’ll let you take in an Indonesian family... what am I doing wrong? :unknw:

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

I can’t even get a bottle of water into the ground but they’ll let you take in an Indonesian family... what am I doing wrong? :unknw:

Really?

You might be joking??

But we got 3 bottles of water in. I was surprised there was no issue, but there wasnt.

12 hours ago, wendybr said:

Really?

You might be joking??

But we got 3 bottles of water in. I was surprised there was no issue, but there wasnt.

Same here - we had 5 bottles and the guy had a proper look at them......

Next weekend,  Matilda's play Chile at 3pm at Bankwest Stadium.

7 hours ago, hughsey said:

Just joking Wendy :cheeky:

:good:

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

Tip: Make sure the bottles are “unopened” apparently this makes a difference

If unopened, assumed to contain only water. If not, the risk of something else being substituted or added is not accepted.

I take my backpack to games. I usually pack a drink bottle, my tablet and a power-packed battery. The guards are only concerned about metal cans and "branded food". 

On 01/11/2019 at 10:42 PM, Potkorok said:

Since Day 1, Season 1,  I have always taken food for self and the grandkids - usually bread rolls and snack items.  Never a problem.  Same with a plastic water bottle - never a problem until one home game last year at Spotless.  Security pointed to the picture on his chart and I tried to tell him that the picture clearly stated metal water bottles and that my was equally clearly a plastic bottle, but he insisted I empty it before entering.  Damn me if exactly the same thing (tho' different security guy) happened  at the next home game.  Otherwise, never before and never since.  Grandson's wise advice was, if in doubt, watch for a while, then pick your security target.

1 minute ago, pseudonym said:

I take my backpack to games. I usually pack a drink bottle, my tablet and a power-packed battery. The guards are only concerned about metal cans and "branded food". 

I was starting to wonder why you needed to take medication to every match ......

20 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I was starting to wonder why you needed to take medication to every match ......

Last seasons games definitely required drugs of some kind

On 03/11/2019 at 9:31 AM, wendybr said:

Really?

You might be joking??

We get water bottles and food in no problem. But then i look a fine, honest and upstanding member of the community...unlike some hools..

I also get my son to take the bag in as his and pack stuff down under things :ninja:

Is anyone there right now? Looking at the background pictures on TV it seems like the rain isn't really hitting anyone except maybe the front rows of the lower bowl.

1 hour ago, mack said:

Is anyone there right now? Looking at the background pictures on TV it seems like the rain isn't really hitting anyone except maybe the front rows of the lower bowl.

Front three I reckon 

Looks like the front few rows are wet

It would be great if the Wanderers could get an 81% increase in crowd attendances as the Eels did this season at Bankwest.

They had similar **** years to us, yet had a reasonably successful season in 2019.

We need to start winning again, and playing some attractive football and then, it will be attainable.

upload_2019-12-5_14-30-42.png.1a742685ca7f06eccd79008923a85b03.png