Wanderers Destroyed By Wooden Spoon Mariners

8 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

he was dreadful, did he even break into a jog?

Baumjohann seems to be copping a lot of flack after what seems to me to have been a woeful team performance.  Appears that some of his critics expect him to track back, pick up the ball himself, create his own space, make the runs himself then either score himself or set up goals for others..  We were totally outplayed in midfield last night, so I ask, ":Where was BJH's support"  

we were never up for the game and we had some terrible performers as well.  Our debutant keeper couldn't do a great deal with the goals, the wall split (why the hell they were jumping at all when the ball is on the 18yd line is terrible coaching, noone can get it up and over and down again from that close, anything that went over their heads frrm that close was going into Brisbane waters, just stand there solid and brace yourself for the contact), the pen he conceded was an A League Ref special, you won't see that again anywhere.  Our poor backline wasn't helped by continually being under pressure from the worst midfield performance of the season.  It's easy to blame the defence of Hammill and Elrich and the performance of ABJ but when GG and Mahazi are both NPL2 standard at best and cannot hold on to the ball and give away possession and the opposition can just continue to foul ABJ as our only threat what did we expect was going to happen.  Riera was also back to his I don't care best on the few occasions we did create something and he was nowhere to be seen or not fighting hard enough.  I really did not see one player that was playing anywhere near their potential last night and with the lack of quality we have that is never going to get a result even against CCM. 

1 hour ago, Harv said:

Baumjohann seems to be copping a lot of flack after what seems to me to have been a woeful team performance.  Appears that some of his critics expect him to track back, pick up the ball himself, create his own space, make the runs himself then either score himself or set up goals for others..  We were totally outplayed in midfield last night, so I ask, ":Where was BJH's support"  

The criticism is justified given his status as a marquee and the wage he’s being paid in relation to the rest of the squad. A player of his supposed caliber shouldn’t have to be relying so heavily on those around him, he pulls the strings - particularly as a number 10. My question in counter to yours would be: what support has he offered the rest of the team throughout the season? 

2 minutes ago, hughsey said:

The criticism is justified given his status as a marquee and the wage he’s being paid in relation to the rest of the squad. A player of his supposed caliber shouldn’t have to be relying so heavily on those around him, he pulls the strings - particularly as a number 10. My question in counter to yours would be: what support has he offered the rest of the team throughout the season? 

And Riera?

1 hour ago, mintoff said:

We might have to get rid of Babell too, because he is not doing that good eather.

Nah babbel is ok , u can't make anything from sh.it players , but next season is babbels last and only chance for me , now he'll be bringing in his own players , so no BS excuses 

48 minutes ago, hughsey said:

The criticism is justified, but he is not a marquee. (Riera is our only Marquee).

Edited by WHACKO
48 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I’m relatively pleased with his effort overall this season, it’s definitely ten fold compared to ABJ anyway. There’s not too many strikers in the aleague who drop back and defend as much as he does. That’s something you definitely can’t fault him on

I am thinking he would of been a better defensive midfield option than striker ......an interesting stat would be how many goals.....penalties aside........ has he scored with his feet v his head.

Edited by sonar
35 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

The criticism is justified, but he is not a marquee. (Riera is our only Marquee).

Totally agree, at least Riera has scored in double figures, had a few assist and probably i can't count how many clearing headers from defending corners.

7 minutes ago, dcrow said:

Totally agree, at least Riera has scored in double figures, had a few assist and probably i can't count how many clearing headers from defending corners.

well 4 of those have been pens or pen rebounds so hardly impressive - he has been lapped by guys like LeFondre and Toivonen, I know he does his defensive work but really that is not what I judge strikers on.

3 hours ago, Harv said:

I expect to him to put in some effort he didn’t look remotely arsed last night.

He has skill but no application

2 hours ago, scarcev said:

we were never up for the game and we had some terrible performers as well.  Our debutant keeper couldn't do a great deal with the goals, the wall split (why the hell they were jumping at all when the ball is on the 18yd line is terrible coaching, noone can get it up and over and down again from that close, anything that went over their heads frrm that close was going into Brisbane waters, just stand there solid and brace yourself for the contact), the pen he conceded was an A League Ref special, you won't see that again anywhere.  Our poor backline wasn't helped by continually being under pressure from the worst midfield performance of the season.  It's easy to blame the defence of Hammill and Elrich and the performance of ABJ but when GG and Mahazi are both NPL2 standard at best and cannot hold on to the ball and give away possession and the opposition can just continue to foul ABJ as our only threat what did we expect was going to happen.  Riera was also back to his I don't care best on the few occasions we did create something and he was nowhere to be seen or not fighting hard enough.  I really did not see one player that was playing anywhere near their potential last night and with the lack of quality we have that is never going to get a result even against CCM. 

It’s easy to blame Hammil, and given he gave the stupid free kick away for their goal its total justified. His passing was woeful

He’s dreadful, wouldn’t get a start in any other a league team 

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

We seem to be hearing the same stuff from him as we heard at the very start...and watching the same shoulder shrugging and head scratching.

I'll leave it at that....... but................sighhhhhh.

What’s he supposed to do? 

the squad is dreadful 

That penalty was ridiculous. If you go back and look at the replay, our defender headed the ball away first then two players who didn't get the ball collided.

How that results in "penalty against the keeper and a yellow card" is beyond me, just another typically inept A-League referee. Compound that with the guy completely missing a foul that was worth two red cards and waving play on like nothing happened and he needs to be done for the season.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

It’s easy to blame Hammil, and given he gave the stupid free kick away for their goal its total justified. His passing was woeful

He’s dreadful, wouldn’t get a start in any other a league team 

In a competitive squad that is involved in juggling ACL, the plate and finals football Hamill is ok. He is a work horse squaddie that you can send to the arse end of china or Korea to do a long flight job in the back line.

What he isn't and never will be is a main team starter captain. 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

What’s he supposed to do? 

the squad is dreadful 

Inded it is...and he knows it. But i did think he would squeeze a bit more out of the squad. Zeigler getting injured didnt help. Happy to give Babbel a full pre season and to build his squad, but i do have this nagging uncomfortable feeling he doesnt have a ******* clue. 

5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

In a competitive squad that is involved in juggling ACL, the plate and finals football Hamill is ok. He is a work horse squaddie that you can send to the arse end of china or Korea to do a long flight job in the back line.

What he isn't and never will be is a main team starter captain. 

he’s crap

sure send him on a long flight somewhere long as he doesn’t have to play for us

11 minutes ago, Bones said:

Was away camping so missed the match, just watching the replay on Fox now.

I'm kinda excited to see Bridge's goal. His first for our club was a moment I'll always remember and I'm glad he's made 250 games. 

Just up to Simon's first goal now, that wall was weak as piss.

I hate camping, sleeping with the miso in the sealy posturepedic is an effort some days so dropping this bod down on an air mattress in a tent, picking ants out of me tucker and walking to a dirty communal shitter while the flies buzz around me in the day and the mozzies buzz around me at night, yep camping aint my thing.....AND YET.....I wish I had been there with you instead of venturing up to Gosford last night to watch that shite.

10 minutes ago, sonar said:

Manage it.....?.......:P

Oh! Yes.

Thank you Sonar!

I didn't want to sound too negative...but yeah....it's  easy to write off a team.

But the manager is in the mix too. It's part of his job to inspire, motivate, establish discipline....and no doubt much much more.

I'm  sure it's a very complex and multifaceted role.

To me, there's something more to this woeful season than  having a team of no-hopers.

Anyway....time will tell.

12 minutes ago, wendybr said:

But the manager is in the mix too. It's part of his job to inspire, motivate, establish discipline....and no doubt much much more.

Truth be told I was being a tad mischeivous.......lol......... We've had terrible squads for the past 3 seasons.

On the season over all I would give Babbel a 5/10 I don't think he is a bad manager but the results are poor. 

16 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

he was concussed he had no idea where he was 

He had no idea where he was once he crossed the bridge at Brooklyn. He could have stood and acted like a defender come scarecrow. Unless both legs were broken I buy no excuse for Captain Courageous coming off. In any other contact sport no mas is heresy.

Edited by DamnedUnited
17 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh! Yes.

Thank you Sonar!

I didn't want to sound too negative...but yeah....it's  easy to write off a team.

I'm  sure it's a very complex and multifaceted role.

To me, there's something more to this woeful season than  having a team of no-hopers.

Anyway....time will tell.

Nope they are shite 

11 minutes ago, DamnedUnited said:

He had no idea where he was once he crossed the bridge at Brooklyn. He could have stood and acted like a defender come scarecrow. Unless both legs were broken I buy no excuse for Captain Courageous coming off. In any other contact sport no mas is heresy.

You're a hard man DU. :D

First sentence made me laugh...but but...if he had concussion....There's no way he should  have been on that pitch.

From the moment he incurred the injury.

:)