mack

Glückliche Reise To Mark Bridge & Olympic Park

16 minutes ago, mack said:

Approximately 65% of all football games are 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, 2-0, 0-2, 2-1, 1-2, 2-2. Also, only 15% of games are likely to end with a side scoring 3 or more.

A team who cops 2 per game while only scoring 1.5 per game is going to have major troubles.

Up top of the table, Perth scored just over 2 per game while only conceding 0.85 per game.

Only one team has ever won the League while conceding more than 30 goals in a season, Melbourne Victory in 2014/15. In 16/17 Sydney FC only conceded 12! 

It's almost irrelevant how many goals you score. If you won every game 1-0 you'd "only" score 27 goals but you'd win the league by ~25 points.

Scoring 40 and conceding less than 20 in the A-League will almost certainly put you in the top 2. 30/15 would probably get there too.

Yep Agree

I'm not trying to pile hate on the manager when I say the only real negative about Babbel I have is /was our defence this season.  I really like the style of play at times but.......all the soft goals we conceded.

Now......I know we were weak on quality and had injuries...........our GK let us down and we had NT and junior NT selections etc and so on....but we conceded some really soft goals. My way of thinking would of been to bolster the defence first then work on attack. Then again the quality of some of the defensive work meant we could of had 8 at the back and still conceded.

How we let the Roar draw after being ahead 2-0 and losing the plot in injury time still rankles.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

To be honest though, it has been nice to finally see a WSW side scoring goals. Back in the early days it was a rare event to see WSW score 2 or more goals in a game...

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, hughsey said:

To be honest though, it has been nice to finally see a WSW side scoring goals. Back in the early days it was a rare event to see WSW score 2 or more goals in a game...

Was even rarer event for us to concede 2 or more (now we let in 4+) 

Season 1 was ace when ever we went up in a game you felt like we would win it, this year you are just waiting for the calamity and increasingly creative ways to lose 

Edited by StringerBellend

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Was even rarer event for us to concede 2 or more (now we let in 4+) 

Season 1 was ace when ever we went up in a game you felt like we would win it, this year you are just waiting for the calamity and increasingly creative ways to lose 

What do you do when your main CB and your national RB are out for much of the season, when your nominal left back is struggling to keep up, when you have two kids in front of the back four, and when you have a GK not worth that description behind a make shift defense?

1 hour ago, FCB said:

What do you do when your main CB and your national RB are out for much of the season, when your nominal left back is struggling to keep up, when you have two kids in front of the back four, and when you have a GK not worth that description behind a make shift defense?

I forgot about Risdon

2 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

blows my mind he was with us last season too. utterly forgettable player in an utterly forgettable squad 

Yep

he’s been less memorable than Nick Kalmar