mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Baumjohan would have been much more effective this season had we had Krishna instead of Riera. that being said, treejack still wouldn't have made a tackle, and he'd still have missed much of the season through injury

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

42 minutes ago, mack said:

Club gave him an offer, he went elsewhere. 

"Therefore, I feel it is time to part ways to find something that is more aligned with my passion, ambitions, and beliefs."

Ok blud, enjoy your time in Tarneit 

2 hours ago, wswnick said:

When is that expected?

When the smaller federations agree to not getting money they are not entitled to.

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

Not sure how ANY WSW fan can be upset with 90% of our squad leaving in the cleanout.

Babbel said it best - this squad came 7th and 8th consecutively. Change is needed. You can't keep a core of a squad that has performed so badly 2 (3) years running. Need a clean slate.

The mess that was created after the Adelaide GF is being sorted now. Finally.

Back then we lost players we could ill afford losing, not all at once anyway: Jamo, Bridgey, NTS, Vidosic, Castelen, Andreu, Alberto, even Reddy. Talk about tearing a good side apart! To "compensate" we signed an unfit Cornflakes, Clisby, Pinatares, Borda, Jumpei, Tyson, forgot to replace Bridgey, signed up goal machine and mega mouth Bulut, and didn't spend money on marquees. What Popa had built in four years was destroyed in that transfer window. It's unbelievable really.

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

Not sure how ANY WSW fan can be upset with 90% of our squad leaving in the cleanout.

Babbel said it best - this squad came 7th and 8th consecutively. Change is needed. You can't keep a core of a squad that has performed so badly 2 (3) years running. Need a clean slate.

Shed everything but Duke, Yeboah and the corner flags. (Keep the kids)

As far as Hamill goes, genuinely **** him. That little comment Taurus quoted is a massive slap in the face.

13 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Apparently, the bigger clubs like ours are waiting for the independent A-league to work on signings.

News on twitter (think it was chubbas gang) that the deal is nearly agreed upon. New investors wanting to buy a share + channel 10 to get 2 games.

Not something that you want to be rushed but after the tanking season, ratings plummeting, foxtel not happy with there investment comes news yesterday that Foxtel have announced they are cutting funding to non-marquee sports (A-League & rugby on the chopping block) & package prices set to increase amongst lowering subs & increased costs.

any talk of any Aussie players that are free that we should be pursuing?

Former Adelaide United playmaker Daniel Adlung has rejected an offer from Western Sydney Wanderers after the Reds made an approach for the German maestro during the January transfer window.

Despite Adlung keen on rejoining the Reds and former coach Marco Kurz happy to be reunited a new deal was never concluded.

Adlung, 31, is still considering a return to Australian soccer after he couldn’t agree to terms with Wanderers, sources close to the German have revealed.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/local-soccer-sa/former-adelaide-united-playmaker-daniel-adlung-has-rejected-an-aleague-contract-but-hasnt-discounted-a-return/news-story/14867fbc8e1a3a3da29849a5b396e92a?nk=1dd6e87525335bc99e270f013d6939a4-1557806720

14 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Former Adelaide United playmaker Daniel Adlung has rejected an offer from Western Sydney Wanderers after the Reds made an approach for the German maestro during the January transfer window.

Despite Adlung keen on rejoining the Reds and former coach Marco Kurz happy to be reunited a new deal was never concluded.

Adlung, 31, is still considering a return to Australian soccer after he couldn’t agree to terms with Wanderers, sources close to the German have revealed.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/local-soccer-sa/former-adelaide-united-playmaker-daniel-adlung-has-rejected-an-aleague-contract-but-hasnt-discounted-a-return/news-story/14867fbc8e1a3a3da29849a5b396e92a?nk=1dd6e87525335bc99e270f013d6939a4-1557806720

What does this say about our recruitment strategy or the standard of the A League? He was decent at Adelaide but this season has been  assistant coaching and playing in a Bundesliga 2 second eleven team.

Adlung scored 5 goals and picked up 3 assists in his season here playing as a central midfielder, and one goal against us in the FFA Cup semi-final. I don't have an issue with that, he was a decent defender and could shoot *****. The worrying part is that we're not signing players we're trying to. I assume that Adlung "couldn't agree to terms" means we either didn't want to give him a 2 year deal OR we didn't pay him what he wanted.

I'd be very worried if it keeps happening by the time we start playing pre-season games.

Love the comments about Hamill departing on the clubs insta and facebook page.

99.9% of it is "are we going to have a team ready for Leeds United?"

I'm assuming those people are not aware that some of the players we'll use is our youth players to give them some experience and also for Babbel to see who we could promote to the senior squad.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, mack said:

The worrying part is that we're not signing players we're trying to

Yeah I was picking up that vibe too.  Playing at the Wanderers no longer a relatively attractive proposition?  Established club with international success in Asia, experienced European manager, new stadium, new academy and training facilities, long term plans for future success...

Edited by LeeMarvin
Dyslexia

Its still early, nothing to alarm ourselves with ATM until like Mack said we are playing pre-season games and are still having this problem.. Lot of time still from now until then

Is Grozos likely to make an appearance in the senior team again next season?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Love the comments about Hamill departing on the clubs insta and facebook page.

99.9% of it is "are we going to have a team ready for Leeds United?"

I'm assuming those people are not aware that some of the players we'll use is our youth players to give them some experience and also for Babbel to see who we could promote to the senior squad.

Leeds is an early pre season friendly...not a competitive game. Whilst a good show is important it is far down the list in my concerns and priorities. And will be for Babbel, other than what you state above.

Edited by Smoggy

1 hour ago, Davo said:

I'm planning on going to the Leeds game as a spectator but knowing WSW I may bring my boots just in case.

I am planning on going in my Boro top and getting a seat next to the away section........

1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

Is Grozos likely to make an appearance in the senior team again next season?

I would rate it a 99% certainty. Unless he gets hurt, or suffers a meltdown of some kind and gets booted like Kearyn Baccus.

5 minutes ago, mack said:

I would rate it a 99% certainty. Unless he gets hurt, or suffers a meltdown of some kind and gets booted like Kearyn Baccus.

Is he the one that needs to put on some bulk?

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Leeds is an early pre season friendly...not a competitive game. Whilst a good show is important it is far down the list in my concerns and priorities. And will be for Babbel, other than what you state above.

Leeds game is merely a fundraiser for Leeds. 

1 minute ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

Leeds game is merely a fundraiser for Leeds. 

You so realise that it is actually a Wanderers home game?

1 hour ago, Davo said:

Yeah but Leeds ain’t coming for free.

They are from Yorkshire, they don't do anything for free.

Leeds game. It’s a ridiculous pre-season friendly (and one that I won’t attend!), but at the same time the club needs to have a fair chunk of the senior squad settled in order to avoid any more unnecessary embarrassment (some here may not care about the unfavourable headlines, but they will bite). 

5 hours ago, Paul01 said:

You so realise that it is actually a Wanderers home game?

Visiting European clubs typically walk away with the vast majority of ticket sales and a payout from Foxtel.

Its a home game for Leeds that just happens to be being played at Parramatta

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Visiting European clubs typically walk away with the vast majority of ticket sales and a payout from Foxtel.

Its a home game for Leeds that just happens to be being played at Parramatta

No it's not. Leeds have the Southern end only. Wanderers gave the Northern end for active and the eastern stand. 

Edited by Paul01
Correction

Posted (edited)

Pirmin Schwegler (32) wechselt zu den Kängurus nach Australien, hat einen Vertrag bei den Western Sydney Wanderers im Beutel. Pipi: „Für mich hat sich eine Möglichkeit ergeben, einen Lebenstraum zu erfüllen.“

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/von-hannover-96-nach-australien-pirmin-schwegler-wechselt-nach-sydney-61901562.bild.html###wt_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.insidesport.com.au%2F2787787%2FWSW-sign-Pirmin-Schwegler&wt_t=1557849264459

Edited by Flytox
link

Translation according to google.

Pirmin Schwegler, 32, joins the kangaroos in Australia and has a contract with the Western Sydney Wanderers. Pee: "For me, a way has come to fulfill a lifelong dream." The Wanderers have been trained for a year by Markus Babbel (46). The ex-national player worked in the Bundesliga in Stuttgart, Hertha and Hoffenheim. Before moving to Australia, he spent more than three years at FC Lucerne, where Pirmin's brother Christian Schwegler (34) also plays. Schwegler's contract at 96 (until 2020) was only valid for the first league. After the descent, he is allowed to go on a free transfer - and decided on the big adventure on the other side of the world.  In Sydney, the Swiss inherited in the midfield former Bundesliga star Alexander Baumjohann (32 / ua Bayern, Schalke, Hertha), who left the Wanderers after only one season. Schwegler came in 2017 free transfer from Hoffenheim to Hannover, made 55 Bundesliga games (seven assists, no goal) for 96. Previously, he played in Frankfurt and Leverkusen. Overall, he came 261 times in the Bundesliga used. Saturday in Dusseldorf could be one last added. Schwegler: "I got the chance to live in Australia for a while. It is a dream and an opportunity for my wife and me that you do not know if she will come back again. Nevertheless, the decision - especially in this difficult situation - is anything but easy and I have struggled for a very long time, because Hannover 96 has grown very close to my heart in the two years. Of course, I would like to leave the club as first division. I'm sure the club will bounce back and the way will be back to the first league. I will follow it from a distance - and cheer me on. "