Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

18 hours ago, Upthehill said:

I can all but assure the revenue will be leaving our shores when Leeds get on that plane. Seating allocation is not a reflection on the commercial agreement

That may change now that we are only playing a Championship side and not a Premier League side.

10 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

To meet up with Mark Rudan (was he a coach while he was at Easts?) at Western United? May tempt Vedran to come with him or am I being too optimistic here :lol:

Now that they've signed Kurto from the Nix you'd assume he's their starting keeper. They've also got Delianov as a backup so do they need Vedran?

Also as a side note I noticed the someone updated Kurto's Wikipedia page to add the following to his Nix entry:

On Saturday the 26th of January, Kurto was an absolute beast against Melbourne City.

5 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Why? There will be an agreement in place since the game was arranged regarding revenue splits

I'd like to think that the people at the Club were wise enough to have a clause in the contract that recognised that is Leeds weren't promoted to the Premier League that they fee paid to them would be reduced.

54 minutes ago, billybob said:

I'd like to think that the people at the Club were wise enough to have a clause in the contract that recognised that is Leeds weren't promoted to the Premier League that they fee paid to them would be reduced.

We’re talking about the same people that can’t get member ship packs to people till round 15. I’m not optimistic

2 hours ago, billybob said:

The manager will quit, loads of players will leave and ( hopefully) the club will be in turmoil.

I reckon the last thing Leeds will be looking forward to is a trip to Australia. Expect a blend of youth team and reserves.

These games are linked to the Manchester United games in Perth. They are playing Perth Glory in one and Leeds in the other while Leeds are coming to Sydney for our game. I believe these games were setup by Lou Sticca (who bought Chelsea and Manchester United in recent years) and the WA Government in Perth and the NSW Government\Wanderers and setup our game with Leeds to open the stadium.

The Australian clubs in these games usually receive a low 6 figure match fee as payment.

4 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

I thought everyone was excited because it was going to be our first game in the new stadium, irrespective of who it is against or the financial arrangements?

Nup.

I’ve been to a few of these in the past - Man U v Socceroos, FIFA All Stars (or whatever it was) v Socceroos - and they are always dreadful. 

Wasn’t gonna go to the Arsenal one but got offered a freebie a couple days before. Typical exhibition dross. No atmosphere, no-one cared. Arsenal way too good of course.

If the price is reduced or a freebie pops up, I’m in. Otherwise, it’s FFA Cup only for me in the off-season.

17 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Nup.

I’ve been to a few of these in the past - Man U v Socceroos, FIFA All Stars (or whatever it was) v Socceroos - and they are always dreadful. 

Wasn’t gonna go to the Arsenal one but got offered a freebie a couple days before. Typical exhibition dross. No atmosphere, no-one cared. Arsenal way too good of course.

If the price is reduced or a freebie pops up, I’m in. Otherwise, it’s FFA Cup only for me in the off-season.

I understand your cynicism. I was at the Arsenal match and went to some of the others you mentioned. They are nothing but glorified exhibition matches.

At theArsenal game, I was in the RBB with my kids, yet we had a ball that night as the RBB were in superbly fine voice. I've bought tickets for the Leeds game as I want to see and hear a repeat performance from our actives. I'm not sure whether they will be there or not, and I'm not sure whether the stadium will set up the safe standing area. I also want to be there for the first Wanderers game at the new stadium. The stadium should look great at night and it will also be mid winter and cold, so far more conducive to watching football than in the height of summer.

Despite how plastic the match will be, I'm really looking forward to it.

Maybe it's time for Mack to set up the Leeds game thread, so this discussion can go in there.

Edited by Wanderboy
1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

I understand your cynicism. I was at the Arsenal match and went to some of the others you mentioned. They are nothing but glorified exhibition matches.

I vowed never to go to another one of these games again (mind you, after getting amnesia & then buying another ticket a year later) but I must admit that watching the first football match in the new stadium is tempting but every match is the same.

You get excited to see the big names of the likes of United, Chelsea, Juventus, Liverpool etc but once the whistle blows the excitement wears off & you soon you realize (again) it’s nothing more than a glorified training session. Players are more concerned about not getting injured rather than anything else. No intensity, players not really caring too much as long as they don’t embarrass themselves. By halftime they start to substitute the first XI with mass substitutions & before you know it you’ve got to put up with raining paper planes for 35 draining minutes.

Maybe I’m reading too much into these games, try to just see it as a preseason friendly (although incredibly early in preseason). Perhaps the way it’s built up & prices we pay to entice these teams to Australia. Maybe if they just treated it as a preseason match, you know the ones that the club doesn’t announce publicly so they don’t have to pay security, I’d have no expectations & just happy to watch the boys run out.

As mentioned above, would be nice to watch the first football game in the stadium & the first game we’d be able to have a proper pre match gathering. Hard to put the cynicism aside when minutes after kick off all these thoughts will be running through my mind just like everyone other one of these games I’ve been too :lol:

2 hours ago, mack said:

It's still more than a month away so no match thread for a while.

For me I'm going because it's the new stadium.

Same.

IIRC, I forked out over $60 to stand in the RBB

Looking at our assumed locked in starters next season Georgevski 31( haven’t googled their age so might be 1 or 2 off) , Zeigler 32, Scwegler 32, Duke 27, Yeboah 24. With a few more visa players and marquees to be added I would assume they would be approaching 30 if not already over. My point is hopefully the team has a bit of youth in and not called “dads army” going into next season

2 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Looking at our assumed locked in starters next season Georgevski 31( haven’t googled their age so might be 1 or 2 off) , Zeigler 32, Scwegler 32, Duke 27, Yeboah 24. With a few more visa players and marquees to be added I would assume they would be approaching 30 if not already over. My point is hopefully the team has a bit of youth in and not called “dads army” going into next season

There will be plenty 

Grozos

Russel

Baccus

Tass 

You would think will all be getting game time 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

There will be plenty 

Grozos

Russel

Baccus

Tass 

You would think will all be getting game time 

Monge & Cordier also under scholarship contracts. Good chance that others may be announced very soon.

An average squad age of 26 / 27 will win the EPL, so I have no issues if we land in that region   

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic