Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

O'Donovan rumour ties in to the stories I'm hearing that we aren't signing anyone big next season and are just looking at youth and offcuts from other clubs.

It's like someone within WSW thinks we have too many members and don't need to win trophies.

I honestly hope I'm wrong but we already have DG signed for 2 seasons so the writing is on the wall.....

1 minute ago, WHACKO said:

No. Surely we can be more ambitious than this for a foreign (marquee) striker.

I'm not too crazy about wasting a foreign spot on both O'Donovan or Schenk but if I had to pick one, it would definitely be the 27 yo centre back. We've had oir share of washed up strikers (Oriol excepted).

9 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

O'Donovan rumour ties in to the stories I'm hearing that we aren't signing anyone big next season and are just looking at youth and offcuts from other clubs.

It's like someone within WSW thinks we have too many members and don't need to win trophies.

I honestly hope I'm wrong but we already have DG signed for 2 seasons so the writing is on the wall.....

We're moving to our new cauldron next season, it needs to be a place every away team is afraid to visit. Having a team of second rate, pre-retiree players will make us the laughing stock of the league (if we aren't already). As a member and STH, I won't tolerate a third season of substandard results

51 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

The youth and offcuts policy was such a success 

53 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Edited by scarcev
51 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjExrGzuIbiAhWDUn0KHSE4DtcQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxsports.com.au%2Ffootball%2Fa-league%2Fwestern-sydney-wanderers-sign-daniel-georgievski%2Fnews-story%2F917febf3c81c3f8248e7e4001dba8c91&psig=AOvVaw200o1Sd7Qjs_TUZ13uVcvR&ust=1557216163523069

Georgievski is a two year deal according to Fox Sports.

I don't DG is a weak signing. He's a known quantity, solid player and should start most weeks. 

As has been said it's the visa players that will make or break  our next campaign. They don't have to be 'big signings' just effective week in week out. Some good technique, a positive mentality, and injury free. If our spine is built with these kinds of players we will be in with a shout. 

3 hours ago, mack said:

What a dismal replacement for Riera. 33 year old midget, who hasn't scored against a big team in 2 and a half years and who keeps getting red carded.

Riera - 24 goals in 49 games.
RoD - 20 goals in 33 games.

He is as much a midget as Jamie Maclaren (179 cm). Has pace, knows the league, can play in the heat, no problems with injuries in the last couple of years, and he is a beast (for better for worse).

The money will be spent at the back.

50 minutes ago, FCB said:

He is as much a midget as Jamie Maclaren (179 cm). Has pace, knows the league, can play in the heat, no problems with injuries in the last couple of years, and he is a beast (for better for worse).

Not a big fan of this thug, but he plays every week (when not suspended) & has an excellent scoring record at AL level. 

Provided he can be accomodated within the sombrero, I'd be willing to give him a trial.    

A packed & pumping Wanderland 2.0 may well stir up his competitive juices & elevate him to another level. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/roy-odonovan/leistungsdaten/spieler/34629

Roy was suspended for quite a few games and still finished this season with 11 goals in 19 games. More than Riera with 5+ more games. And he is a striker I believe players fear, kinda like Santalab, has some mongrel in him and has the mentality to win games, the mentality Babbel wants I think. If he becomes Aussie he would be a great pickup imo. 

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

Not a big fan of this thug, but he plays every week (when not suspended) & has an excellent scoring record at AL level. 

Provided he can be accomodated within the sombrero, I'd be willing to give him a trial.    

A packed & pumping Wanderland 2.0 may well stir up his competitive juices & elevate him to another level. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/roy-odonovan/leistungsdaten/spieler/34629

Are we after a few Bundesliga CB's as well?

2 hours ago, FCB said:

Saw someone pointed out that 7 of those goals were during their smashing of Brisbane and Mariners. So if you take those 3 games out, it's 13 in 30.

3 hours ago, Jefski said:

We're moving to our new cauldron next season, it needs to be a place every away team is afraid to visit. Having a team of second rate, pre-retiree players will make us the laughing stock of the league (if we aren't already). As a member and STH, I won't tolerate a third season of substandard results

Let's refrain from calling it a cauldron. A cauldron would only slow cook our opposition. Given it's more rectangular, I'd ptefer it to be a baking tray, something we could roast the opposition in.

51 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

Are we after a few Bundesliga CB's as well?

That's what 'they' say.

These 2 names were mentioned to me y'day, via social media types in the know

Pirmin Schwegler

Daniel Baier

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic