Jordan O'Doherty
Kosta Grozos
Kwame Yeboah
Nick Fitzgerald
Patrick Ziegler (Foreign)

Expiring Year 2021/22
Keanu Baccus
Vedran Janjetovic

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)
3 of 5 Foreign Players
0 of 2 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

A-League squad comprised of up to 20 First Team players + 3 U21 Players. Additional U21 players can be signed outside the squad cap.
14 of 20 First Team Contracts
4 U21 Contracts - Minimum 3 required

Interesting signing. Would I be correct in saying that we now have....Vedran.Nizic,Suman,Greenwood......and now Lopar. After last season I can see where Babbel has seen we need quality as a keeper. I'm assuming Vedran would be backup only. So who goes...?

25 minutes ago, tardotz said:

He must be good if we are using a foreign stop for a keeper.

Vedran cya

or....the alternate options at our Club  arent ready as yet which I agree with and there is no real talented keepers in Australia available at the moment. Birrighitti was probably the only decent one that we could of had a decent go at and he was taken by the new franchise, there is noone else available.  I like the fact the CDM and keeper have worked together and will be close as well.  I cannot see Vedran staying to sit on the bench as that is the reason he came to us in the first place (having said that noone else will take him) and the others are all kids Nizic, Suman and Greenwood so no problem with keeping them as they can all play somewhere in our system anyway.

Edited by scarcev
Just now, btron3000 said:

Gutsy call given it’s a visa spot AND if Vedran doesn’t leave we have 2 x starting goalie wages caught up in the cap.

But at least Babbel is showing everyone he means business. Perform or you’ll get The Treatment is back!

Hopefully works out like Kurto did for the Nix

57 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Averaging 15 games a season in the Swiss league, somewhere Vedran would never cut it.

He doesn’t need to be a world beater but he will HOPEFULLY bring maturity, leadership and consistency. It’s really all we need if we get our back line sorted

I think VJ would have done a better job if we had our back line sorted too

47 minutes ago, sonar said:

Interesting signing. Would I be correct in saying that we now have....Vedran.Nizic,Suman,Greenwood......and now Lopar. After last season I can see where Babbel has seen we need quality as a keeper. I'm assuming Vedran would be backup only. So who goes...?

With 5 goalkeepers, we might stand a chance

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

Gutsy call given it’s a visa spot AND if Vedran doesn’t leave we have 2 x starting goalie wages caught up in the cap.

But at least Babbel is showing everyone he means business. Perform or you’ll get The Treatment is back!

I checked some of his stats for the last 2 seasons.

Was relegated to the bench last season and only had 3 appearances. Season before he had 34 apearances. 

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic