Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

11 minutes ago, papersun said:

Klich would a good signing, the problem is he's under contract until June 2020.

Was loaned out and my not be in the plans for Leeds this season and could be possible loan signing seeing we play them in a few weeks, but yeah it's a guessing game for now. 

Radoslaw Majewski is supposedly one of the players. He was released about 40 minutes ago from his club in Poland saying he us to explore a new journey in his career. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/radoslaw-majewski/profil/spieler/45042

He is also good friends with Adrian.

He is an attacking midfielder as well. I reckon we may have just found our new player?

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Radoslaw Majewski is supposedly one of the players. He was released about 40 minutes ago from his club in Poland saying he us to explore a new journey in his career. 

He is an attacking midfielder as well. I reckon we may have just found our new player?

He’d be good for the Poznan (see 16-17)

1 hour ago, papersun said:

Would we be signing him  as a winger or can he play 10 as well?

Anywhere in the front 4 for Dortmund. Slid in off the wing all day and started at 10 a number of times. He fits Babbels desire to have attacking players play all over the place. He SHOULD also fit the FFAs requirement for a fund marquee being a starter at BvB for 7 years

51 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Translation 

Radosław Majewski is no longer football player Pogoń Szczecin. The 32-year-old midfielder terminated the contract with the club by mutual agreement and will move abroad. For now, it is not known who will be his new employer.

plus  8 goals and 10 assists in Poland.

Edited by Paul01
Added info
53 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Was loaned out and my not be in the plans for Leeds this season and could be possible loan signing seeing we play them in a few weeks, but yeah it's a guessing game for now. 

He was a mainstay for leeds this season. Bielsa won't let him go

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Translation 

Radosław Majewski is no longer football player Pogoń Szczecin. The 32-year-old midfielder terminated the contract with the club by mutual agreement and will move abroad. For now, it is not known who will be his new employer.

plus  8 goals and 10 assists in Poland.

After looking at the comments on the Pogon Szczecin twitter, lots of people suggesting he is off to Australia. Very interesting. Would take him and Jakub any day.

4 minutes ago, octa9ona11 said:

:woah: A few promising signings or potential signings at least!!

Also just saw on that Adrian commented on Rado's insta, which I know probably doesn't mean a lot but you never know. How awesome would it be seeing Adrian, Rado and Jakub blow SFC to shreds. I guess i'll just keep dreaming.

”I got an offer I couldn’t refuse”

from the club website

The Pogon Szczecin fans' environment shocked the news that Radosław Majewski is saying goodbye to the Duma of Pomerania. The midfielder played one full season in Pogoń.

In terms of numbers Majewski scored the best season in his career. Despite the player's advanced age, the player's interest was considerable. Our information indicates that eventually "Maja" will play in Australia.

Transfermarkt shows he played more at left wing than attacking mid last season, but he picked up goals and assists in both positions. A goal or assist every game is decent. Hopefully a step down in quality will increase his output.

Not a marquee though. I'm not 100% convinced that's the top top quality attacking midfielder we need in this season where SFC are going to have 4 marquee level players because of the new cap changes. But he could do a Broich and elevate the team and if he picked up 6 goals & 6 assists it'd be a decent season.

Seems to enjoy a good shoot *****. Seems like he's two-footed which is a nice bonus.

7 minutes ago, mack said:

Transfermarkt shows he played more at left wing than attacking mid, but he picked up goals and assists in both positions. A goal or assist every game is decent. Hopefully a step down in quality will increase his output.

That just looks like something that happened last season. Previous seasons he's almost always been AM. 127 games at AM, 33 at CM and 32 at LW. 18 of those LW games were last season.

So the first 11 looks like this atm

.....................Lopar

Tate.........Ziggy.........Tass.......Georgievski

............Schwegler.......Baccus

Kamau...........Majewski..........Yeboah

................Duke

bench: Vedran, Grozos, Elrich, Fitzgerald, O’Doherty (when fit)

we are still short with Cordier and Monge needing to learn quickly.

12 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

So the first 11 looks like this atm

.....................Lopar

Tate.........Ziggy.........Tass.......Georgievski

............Schwegler.......Baccus

Kamau...........Majewski..........Yeboah

................Duke

bench: Vedran, Grozos, Elrich, Fitzgerald, O’Doherty (when fit)

we are still short with Cordier and Monge needing to learn quickly.

No disrespect to Duke but I'd rather him on the right in Kamau's spot and a marquee striker up front that can score goals with good service (something I believe Kamau struggles with but Duke can do). Kamau makes a good bench player as he's shown he can play on either wings or RB if needed.

7 minutes ago, wswnick said:

So final visa likely to be a striker until Ziegler has his citizenship I assume. Then potentially another CB or RB visa to complete the strengthening at the back 

Is there any official word on Pat becoming Aussie Pat?

1 hour ago, MajorMelons said:

Klich is starting for the Polish NT and will be playing Euros next year, he is not the one coming here.

Dont know about Jakub but I thought he was going to retire at Wisla.

Majewski is the most likely one. 

Kilch will be here with Leeds next month, no?

Announce Maja

Guys @pogonszczecinsa
Dzięki wielkie za ten rok,za kupę śmiechu,radości,dobre mecze,jak i złe,myślałem ze widziałem sporo w piłce ale w Pogoni to weszło na wyższy level 😎odchodzę,ale obserwuje was i życzę powodzonka,wrócę na jakieś meczycho...odnośnie klubu jestem wdzięczny za zrozumienie 🤝odchodzę w zgodzie,dostałem ofertę którą nie wypadało odrzucić,plus wszyscy co mnie znają wiedzą ze lubię przygody i nowe wyzwania,jak i ryzyko...no cały ja 🤷🏼‍♂️

Powodzonka Portowcy 🔵🔴
Trzymam kciuki ✊🏼 🐝

Guys @pogonszczecinsa
Thanks a lot for this year, for a lot of laughter, joy, good matches, as well as bad, I thought I saw a lot in the ball but in pursuit it entered the higher level 😎 I'm leaving, but I'm watching you and i wish happy, I'll be back Regarding the club I'm grateful for understanding 🤝 I'm leaving in harmony, I got an offer that was not appropriate to reject, plus everyone who knows me know I like adventures and new challenges, as well as risk... well all me 🤷🏼 ♂️

Happy portowcy 🔵🔴
Fingers crossed ✊🏼 🐝
5 hours ago, Jefski said:

No disrespect to Duke but I'd rather him on the right in Kamau's spot and a marquee striker up front that can score goals with good service (something I believe Kamau struggles with but Duke can do). Kamau makes a good bench player as he's shown he can play on either wings or RB if needed.

Agreed. The team I put out was what we could put on the pitch today.

We need a marquee (designated player) as striker, another CB and another DM.

Transfermarkt has Ziggy with 2 flags, so I think we have 2 foreign spots. If we could get Jedinak, then we could have 2 attackers as visa players.

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Agreed. The team I put out was what we could put on the pitch today.

We need a marquee (designated player) as striker, another CB and another DM.

Transfermarkt has Ziggy with 2 flags, so I think we have 2 foreign spots. If we could get Jedinak, then we could have 2 attackers as visa players.

Yeah, I reckon sign a marquee foreign attacker, Jedinak potential Aussie marquee or a marquee foreign centreback to partner Ziggy.

8 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Also just saw on that Adrian commented on Rado's insta, which I know probably doesn't mean a lot but you never know. How awesome would it be seeing Adrian, Rado and Jakub blow SFC to shreds. I guess i'll just keep dreaming.

Adrian won't be coming with his contract out to 2021

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic