Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

1 hour ago, Taurus said:
vw3AIyBR_bigger.jpgFootball Transfers @transf_football
FollowFollow @transf_football
More

Translate Tweet

2:28 AM - 6 May 2019

So does Pierre-Michel Lasogga as I mentioned before.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pierre-michel-lasogga/profil/spieler/73013

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

Interesting that he got suspended by his club 3 matches from end of season for refusing to travel to an away match:

"Holtby will be eliminated from the squad of management three matches before the end. The reason: Holtby refused to travel with his team to play against the union Berlin.

"He asked not to go, it is not pointless, it is no behavior, he no longer exercises," explained sports director Ralf Becker on Sunday."

2 hours ago, mack said:

If our $500 million valued owner and his three amigos can't be bothered investing in two top class marquees this season of all seasons what are they doing? This is a massive season for the club, we're also going into a potential new league format where we're going to need to pull crowds to make money to compete with the actual billionaires that own CFG & SFC plus Victory.

My worry is that O'Donovan gets into a game where we're 1-0 down, maybe it's against Victory away in Round 2, maybe it's the classic Derby in Round 3 and he gets angry and frustrated and does one of his mega brainsnaps and gets whacked out for 15 games or longer because he's already had two massive suspensions.

A RoD-to-WSW rumour does not mean that the club is not prepared to invest in two top class marquees. We scored almost as many goals as Smurf FC, but conceded almost twice as many. There is a message in this, and the money will be spent accordingly.

Also, Toivonen and le Fondre are the stand out strikers of the league - yet it did not win Smurfs and VIC the title. Glory had the best defense of the league, and had an Irish CF who is nine month younger than RoD. And had it not been for the eight match ban, RoD probably would have ended up with the same amount of goals scored as Keogh.

RoD at WSW would be fine. My biggest worry is Janjetovic.

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

A RoD-to-WSW rumour does not mean that the club is not prepared to invest in two top class marquees. We scored almost as many goals as Smurf FC, but conceded almost twice as many. There is a message in this, and the money will be spent accordingly.

Also, Toivonen and le Fondre are the stand out strikers of the league - yet it did not win Smurfs and VIC the title. Glory had the best defense of the league, and had an Irish CF who is nine month younger than RoD. And had it not been for the eight match ban, RoD probably would have ended up with the same amount of goals scored as Keogh.

RoD at WSW would be fine. My biggest worry is Janjetovic.

Yeah no more crazy goalkeeper antics please

32 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

I Like Mo Adam, I hope he actually makes it through to the A League.

He's had offers from other NSW based AL clubs for at least 18 months.

I suspect we'll know this month, whether he has done enough to earn a scholarship.

Scoring 11 from 10 games in NPL2 this season, including getting on the score sheet in each of the last 7 games, won't hurt his chances 

2 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Holtby and Ribery at WSW. What a combo that would be?!

Can guarantee that It's 100 times better than a favourites box from KFC, that's for sure.

That's not saying much

3 hours ago, mack said:

If our $500 million valued owner and his three amigos can't be bothered investing in two top class marquees this season of all seasons what are they doing? This is a massive season for the club, we're also going into a potential new league format where we're going to need to pull crowds to make money to compete with the actual billionaires that own CFG & SFC plus Victory.

My worry is that O'Donovan gets into a game where we're 1-0 down, maybe it's against Victory away in Round 2, maybe it's the classic Derby in Round 3 and he gets angry and frustrated and does one of his mega brainsnaps and gets whacked out for 15 games or longer because he's already had two massive suspensions.

He was valued at $1.14b last year.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic