Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Ribery would be a very very very good get by our club if it eventuates......a certain wow factor to get everyone excited. His influence of the other team members would be immense.....especially the young guys............dare to dream.....?

If Babbel makes this happen..........:hi::hi::hi:

Edited by sonar

All you people wanting Ribery, I get it, quality player & a dream player for the league but his age & injury record make him a no go.

Over the last 3-4 years he has spent majority of the last few seasons being injured. Coming here in our conditions & being kicked to shreds won’t be good. We need someone a big younger.

—————-

I was already against the RoD signing before you guys reminded me about his discipline record. I don’t mind a player like santa that minds the odd bad tackle or silly challenge if he is a bit part player & on minimum wage.

The last thing we need is a key player, taking a large part of the cap & a visa player sitting on the large part of the season. Plenty of positives but do they outweigh the negatives? Not for me

9 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

All you people wanting Ribery, I get it, quality player & a dream player for the league but his age & injury record make him a no go.

Over the last 3-4 years he has spent majority of the last few seasons being injured. Coming here in our conditions & being kicked to shreds won’t be good. We need someone a big younger.

—————-

I was already against the RoD signing before you guys reminded me about his discipline record. I don’t mind a player like santa that minds the odd bad tackle or silly challenge if he is a bit part player & on minimum wage.

The last thing we need is a key player, taking a large part of the cap & a visa player sitting on the large part of the season. Plenty of positives but do they outweigh the negatives? Not for me

Prydz, go to bed, you are clearly not well. 

12 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Over the last 3-4 years he has spent majority of the last few seasons being injured.

He's played 32+ games in each of the last 3 seasons. You'd have to play every A-League game + 2 Finals Series + 3 FFA Cup games to reach that.

The physical questions will be can he handle games in 40 degree heat, and our godawful pitches.

14 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

—————-

Fair enough point taken.....Matty Simon it is then.

For Ribery money is not an issue (any longer).

• He has four kids. if he is willing to re-locate his family then Sydney sound much more appealing than Qatar.
  • The mosque in Lakemba will count for something. Ribery converted to Islam, and is a practicing Muslim.
  • And: he woud appreciate the WSW fitness coach. They worked together in Munich for five years, and Martins had Ribery fit and healthy in the big games (letting Martins goal was Guardiola's single biggest fail while at Bayern).
21 hours ago, Taurus said:

He's had offers from other NSW based AL clubs for at least 18 months.

I suspect we'll know this month, whether he has done enough to earn a scholarship.

Scoring 11 from 10 games in NPL2 this season, including getting on the score sheet in each of the last 7 games, won't hurt his chances 

I'd be annoyed seeing him leave but I'm getting used to seeing promising youth leave WSW.

9 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

And then they mostly end up sputtering to nothing - e.g. Kuzmanovski, Aspro, Fofanah, Alessi, Youlley, J Macdonald, etc.

Bit harsh putting aspro in that list. Aspro is at least an A League regular

35 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

I'd be annoyed seeing him leave but I'm getting used to seeing promising youth leave WSW.

He's resisted all approaches atm, that says a lot to me. 

Which youth do you speak of?

Najjarine knocked back a 2 year senior deal to undertake a 3 month trial in Europe. He's a selfish player, who wasn't given a 2nd opportunity after the OS trial didn't go as his manager anticipated it would.  

Moudi was a strange one. Played 1 day, gone the next. He was involved in a straight swap with Roberts, who was homesick. Given his international experience at youth level, he would've appeared the better prospect. Trevor Morgan tried to lure him back to WS after he left the COE & before he signed for City.

We're able to hold onto most of the good ones 

58 minutes ago, FCB said:

For Ribery money is not an issue (any longer).

• He has four kids. if he is willing to re-locate his family then Sydney sound much more appealing than Qatar.
  • The mosque in Lakemba will count for something. Ribery converted to Islam, and is a practicing Muslim.
  • And: he woud appreciate the WSW fitness coach. They worked together in Munich for five years, and Martins had Ribery fit and healthy in the big games (letting Martins goal was Guardiola's single biggest fail while at Bayern).

Probably the Mosque in Auburn or Marsden Park - both closer to WSW.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic