Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

56 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Najjarine knocked back a 2 year senior deal to undertake a 3 month trial in Europe. He's a selfish player, who wasn't given a 2nd opportunity after the OS trial didn't go as his manager anticipated it would.  

Moudi was a strange one. Played 1 day, gone the next. He was involved in a straight swap with Roberts, who was homesick. Given his international experience at youth level, he would've appeared the better prospect. Trevor Morgan tried to lure him back to WS after he left the COE & before he signed for City.

We're able to hold onto most of the good ones 

Our of interest, what’s with letting Roberts go? I saw him play at various youth levels and the kids was a serious talent. Baffling to me he’s not progressing

Scott McDonald to new Melbourne team. We've been mentioning him every off season and every mid season transfer window and in the blink of an eye, he's at Western United. Is this a missed opportunity?

30 minutes ago, Jefski said:

Scott McDonald to new Melbourne team. We've been mentioning him every off season and every mid season transfer window and in the blink of an eye, he's at Western United. Is this a missed opportunity?

He's also two to three years older now (36 when next season starts). Should do well (providing his body handles the pitches and heat), but he couldn't be our starting striker week in, week out.

1 hour ago, Jefski said:

Who cares we are getting Ribery 

1 hour ago, Jefski said:

Nah, 36 come the start of the new season. He’s been playing on soft sloppy pitches in Scotland. The man became a master of his environment.

We should be looking at slightly longer term options than a bloke 18 months out of deciding to become a real estate agent or a player agent. 

10 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Who cares we are getting Ribery 

Hi Stringer,

What is happening with the Sotirio Fan Club now; does it get disbanded or will it keep following his playing career wherever that might lead?

1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

Hi Stringer,

What is happening with the Sotirio Fan Club now; does it get disbanded or will it keep following his playing career wherever that might lead?

I think we need to call and Extraordinary General Meeting of all members to decide the best course of action.

What now for the Five Dock Messi?

Personally, I dont think the club would be interested in Ajose for a few reasons.

If he is signed by Charlton Athletic (an English League One club) and been on loan to Mansfield Town (which is a English League two club), that's kind of a red flag in my opinion as I feel League Two is equivalent to the NPL even though Mansfield Town have the opportunity to be promoted this season.

He has barely had any game time (10 games this season), I'm not sure if it's due to being injured and has only done 2 goals.

He hasn't been a top gun player since the 2015-16 season playing for Swindon Town FC (38 games, 24 goals).

2 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Hi Stringer,

Hi there, president of the Sotirio fan appreciation club, it will be retired to the hall of fame.

His service was much appreciated, thank him for his years of service & wish him all the best in his future endeavors. He was lacking in many areas but perfect player to take in the A-League as a squaddie on minimum wage, always puts in 100% (the same can’t be said about a large portion of what our squad from last season showed) but at the same time acknowledging his obvious faults.

Give me someone like him over any other of the A-League journeymen who turn up at club after club putting in a mediocre effort season after season. 

13 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Can we have Mario Shabow back?

Love the fact he is a WSW boy & was in the RBB those early years but hasn’t shown enough these past years. Sure he hasn’t had consistent game time but needs to demonstrate more before coming back.

15 hours ago, Taurus said:

Najjarine knocked back a 2 year senior deal to undertake a 3 month trial in Europe. He's a selfish player, who wasn't given a 2nd opportunity after the OS trial didn't go as his manager anticipated it would.  

Absolutely crazy thinking that cause he was killing it in NPL2 that he was going to crack it overseas. Do the hard yards, improve on the training field before proving yourself good enough on the field before even thinking of trialing overseas. Amazing the amount of kids who go overseas too early.

16 hours ago, Unlimited said:

And then they mostly end up sputtering to nothing - e.g. Kuzmanovski, Aspro, Fofanah, Alessi, Youlley, J Macdonald, etc.

Can’t blame Kuzi on us, played well in a few games at towards the season as a sub & then offered a youth contract as a result. Turned it down for a senior one at city, 2 ACL injuries later he is another one that seems to have gone missing. Shame.

When it comes to youth, you’ve got to realize a lot of these kids aren’t going to cut it out at the top level. They get ample opportunity to show that they are able to cut the muster at this level before needing to move aside for the next crop. They are given all the tools & opportunities, just need to prove themselves in training & games if good enough.

58 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Personally, I dont think the club would be interested in Ajose for a few reasons.

If he is signed by Charlton Athletic (an English League One club) and been on loan to Mansfield Town (which is a English League two club), that's kind of a red flag in my opinion as I feel League Two is equivalent to the NPL even though Mansfield Town have the opportunity to be promoted this season.

He has barely had any game time (10 games this season), I'm not sure if it's due to being injured and has only done 2 goals.

He hasn't been a top gun player since the 2015-16 season playing for Swindon Town FC (38 games, 24 goals).

Have to agree here. While I think the NPL is a long distance of league 2, it’s not what we’re after. You’d think odonovan would be a better option with his record. Pass

16 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

City has released La Rocca... 

Would you take him back for a mentality type of player as a sqauddie? 

He had a quiet season with City this year in my opinion but I feel him and Baccus Jr would work well.

Plus, if the club is in 'crisis mode' and need a CB, he can fill that position as well.

Definitely worth a look.

Andrea Agamemnonos can do that role. La Rocca isn't really capable now of anything but a water carrier blocking defensive midfielder.

We already have three central defenders as well, we would have released Hamill if Babbel/JP though to bring him in. He'd only be 5th choice emergency behind Ziggy, a likely foreigner, then Tass/Hamill.

That all said, we only have Baccus as established central/defensive mid players, with JOD out. I wouldn't be adverse to bringing him back as an injury replacement.

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

Love the fact he is a WSW boy & was in the RBB those early years but hasn’t shown enough these past years. Sure he hasn’t had consistent game time but needs to demonstrate more before coming back.

Absolutely crazy thinking that cause he was killing it in NPL2 that he was going to crack it overseas. Do the hard yards, improve on the training field before proving yourself good enough on the field before even thinking of trialing overseas. Amazing the amount of kids who go overseas too early.

Can’t blame Kuzi on us, played well in a few games at towards the season as a sub & then offered a youth contract as a result. Turned it down for a senior one at city, 2 ACL injuries later he is another one that seems to have gone missing. Shame.

When it comes to youth, you’ve got to realize a lot of these kids aren’t going to cut it out at the top level. They get ample opportunity to show that they are able to cut the muster at this level before needing to move aside for the next crop. They are given all the tools & opportunities, just need to prove themselves in training & games if good enough.

Thought I saw Kuzi on St George City FA team list for their NPL2 Mens team.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic