mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

On 11/05/2019 at 12:09 PM, papersun said:

There's also plenty of good mentality among their players as well which has been missing at the Wanderers.

I felt that when they showed the team in the pre-game dressing room huddle .  The solidarity and determination was tangible.  I think Adelaide did themselves proud this season with the squad they were afforded.

So we're chasing Krishna, but he reportedly turned down a 750k per season deal at Western United. Not sure I'd want to spend that or more on him...

1 hour ago, wswnick said:

So we're chasing Krishna, but he reportedly turned down a 750k per season deal at Western United. Not sure I'd want to spend that or more on him...

under the cap not worth marquee, id rather duke up front and use marquee money on other areas. 

2 hours ago, wswnick said:

I don’t care how much they spend on him. I only care how it’s structured. If we can get him under the cap, fantastic. That clearly won’t happen so I’d rather look at bigger opportunities.

Paul - I believe TFM is fun by the players agents. Might be official. Might not

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/wanderers-face-leadership-crisis-as-captain-hamill-heads-for-exit-20190512-p51mj4.html

"Should Hamill and Vedran Janjetovic add to the growing list of departures at the Wanderers, it would leave Tarek Elrich as the only experienced local player currently contracted at the club." Typical Bossi. He makes it sound as if that was a bad thing, forgot to mention Duke and Georgievski, and also forgot to put Fitzgerald on the list of unwanted players. 

Krishna is practically the opposite of Riera.

Still super quick, if he breaks the line he usually leaves the defenders in his wake. Riera has never really dribbled past opponents. Krishna in a 1 on 1 can beat defenders all day long. Riera wasn't a long range shooter but Krishna is. Riera comes in with headers, Krishna has one header goal I believe.

About the only thing in common they have is taking penalties.

If the analytics are saying he's still got his speed then he wouldn't be a bad signing although we'd have to hope he performs again. Last season he only managed 4 goals compared to 18 this year.

Krishna is a short lad (roughly 5'5"/ 5'6"). I feel someone with that height and speed is a winger in my opinion.

Krishna would be worth it. I would take him over Barbarouses.... However if were seriously hunting for Ribery and Okazaki I think we all know where the Marquee money should be spent

Krishna would be my pick, if I had to choose between he and Barbar. Barbar has had his travels! :-)

I love Krishna's pace, finishing, commitment etc. Another sidelight is that he would help lure in more Wanderers support from the Indian and Fijian communities in the Parramatta and Western Sydney region.

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Krishna would be worth it. I would take him over Barbarouses.... However if were seriously hunting for Ribery and Okazaki I think we all know where the Marquee money should be spent

Kosta is scoring at .5 per game despite coming in from the wing. If we had a marquee winger come and score at .5 per game he would be hailed as a success. I would take Barba if Babbel thinks he can get the same out of him

I was expecting Hamill, GG, and/or Mahazi to stay, but it looks like all three are now on their bike. Discard Vedran Nizic Fitzgerald and we'll be down to currently six over-23 players (Ziegler, Georgievski, Yeboah, Duke, Kamau, Elrich). Add five imports and we'd be looking at a starting 11 without subs.

That's a problem, as Arnie is bound to pluck Tass, Suman, Tate, Grozos and Baccus for the U23 tournament in January. MB made it quite clear that he does not want see a mid season youth tournament affect the WSW season. He also wants to see competition for all positions, which would mean a pool of 20-odd competitive players.

So we'll need to sign at least four additional over-23 local players, and apparently we are after quality. No doubt the club has been working on this for quite some time, yet apart from Krishna/Kosta (both and upgrade from Roly) there are no rumors. Troisi was dismissed as too expensive. Brattan apparently is off to WU. Even if Spira becomes available: it seems that our targets are currently overseas, but there is nothing much out there that seems both good enough and affordable enough.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2019&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=12&yt0=Show

There have to be a few players who are currently contracted and might be unhappy at their current clubs, but apart from Dylan McGowan, nothing much comes to mind.

http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/Abroad/2019-04.html

Stuffed if I know where these quality players are supposed to be coming from. I sure am looking forward to the next round of announcements. Interesting times ahead.

What all the speculation suggests is that MB is looking for a pacey and powerful attacking 3rd. No doubt it is a way to succeed in this league. It will still rest on a solid defense which we are yet to hear any speculation on. 

3 hours ago, mack said:

Kosta still scored 14 goals this season.

Off Toivenen's shoulder

If that article was about the smurfs it would be “Sydney confident their centre of excellence will produce the majority of A-League squad into the future” and would crap on about the significance of junior players/community feel blah blah

Apparently, the bigger clubs like ours are waiting for the independent A-league to work on signings.

Major stumbling block are some of the state federations who want a share of the transfer dollars.

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Apparently, the bigger clubs like ours are waiting for the independent A-league to work on signings.

Major stumbling block are some of the state federations who want a share of the transfer dollars.

When is that expected?

15 hours ago, FCB said:

Stuffed if I know where these quality players are supposed to be coming from.

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Which heightens my concerns that we wont be able assemble all the players we need for the squad in time for the Leeds game.

45 minutes ago, Taurus said:

The Leeds game is inconsequential, as it occurs about 10 weeks before the season starts

In the big scheme of things yes, but I thought that was MB said he was aiming to do.

Posted (edited)

I think the club may have already signed most foreign players, and are now waiting for their season to officially conclude before announcement are made. Most players we are hearing about now are all players we would sign as marquees by the sounds of it. 

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

13 minutes ago, IAmFalzon said:

Not sure if WSW wanted to lose him, but chances are he would have been demoted to squaddie, and Hamill saw the writing on the wall.

That'll be 13 gone then. By the time the dust has settled it will be 15 or even 16. Include Scott and Tongyik, and we are looking at an almost complete makeover of WSW, a complete break with Popovic's legacy.

I feel this is sort of a bold move for Hamill that's if he is actually going to Western United as I don't see him being a 1st choice defender there as well. Especially when he is up against the likes of Gulum, Calver, Chapman and even Aspro. 

I'm going to assume Babbel told him "you can go".

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I feel this is sort of a bold move for Hamill that's if he is actually going to Western United as I don't see him being a 1st choice defender there as well. Especially when he is up against the likes of Gulum, Calver, Chapman and even Aspro. 

I'm going to assume Babbel told him "you can go".

I would think Hamill knew he was heading back to being a squaddie and would lose the armband.

Hamill is best in a settled squad that needs to rotate due to competing demands. You know you can tap him on the shoulder and he will fly to wherever and do the cover job you ask, great ACL player to have in your ranks.

Edited by Smoggy