mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

47 minutes ago, FCB said:

This will turn the milk sour in the Eastern burbs.

Gutted was one comment 

This is awesome. I hated his guts whilst in the east now j am so bloody funky brilliantly and overwhelmingly happy. This is great. 

Welcome on board.

12 minutes ago, wswnick said:

So all focus is on a striker now. Options are limited unless we're planning for someone to leave their current club

Is in the works. If it was a free agent it would have happened already. I dare say the target is currently contracted and needs to get out of that contract. If the contract is not torn up it will mean a three way conversation including the club. Takes more time. 

We are aiming for a quality guy with a name good enough to get the membership count going. Our fans are fickle. They thought schwegler is not good enough because they'd never heard of him!? If we dig out the CF version of Pirmin then I'll be very very happy. 

So our strongest starting XI atm looks like this assuming a 3-4-1-2 looks like

gk Lopar 

CB McGowan....Ziegler/Tass.......Jurman

WB Kamau, Georgievski

DM Schwegler, Baccus

AM Majewski 

ST Duke, Yeboah

bench Russell, Elrich, Cordier, Monge, Adam, Sullivan, Grozos

have I missed anyone?

to return O’Doherty

That is some back 3 parternship, include Lopar in goals & Schwegler in front. Is this the best defensive unit since season 3 that won us the ACL?

Finding the striker is the last piece of the puzzle

5 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

gk Lopar 

WB Kamau, Georgievski

DM Schwegler, Baccus

AM Majewski 

ST Duke, Yeboah

have I missed anyone?

to return O’Doherty

You missed Vedran 😆

8 minutes ago, wswnick said:

You missed Vedran 😆

I couldn't decide on a backup keeper. 

Vedran still at least 3 months from return imo

8 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I couldn't decide on a backup keeper. 

Vedran still at least 3 months from return imo

My comment was tongue in cheek haha. Won't be surprised if we try to offload Vedran in Jan and Nizic's contract runs off this season.

1 hour ago, Westiesarebesties said:

So then it would be a decent benchie? Because it would be hard on Duke or yeboah to be dropped to a bench role.

We recruit the best sT we can find. Duke, Yeboah, Adam and the marquee all fight for 2 spots. 4 blokes pushing each other constantly.

Duke, Yeboah and Adam can all fill multiple roles. They won’t simple disappear because a new striker turns up.

Weve never been in a position where 4 have 3 or 4 goal scores fighting each other for spots. It’s always been bridge turning up to save the day

27 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

We recruit the best sT we can find. Duke, Yeboah, Adam and the marquee all fight for 2 spots. 4 blokes pushing each other constantly.

Duke, Yeboah and Adam can all fill multiple roles. They won’t simple disappear because a new striker turns up.

Weve never been in a position where 4 have 3 or 4 goal scores fighting each other for spots. It’s always been bridge turning up to save the day

Would of been an even better post if you were sober Jim

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Gutted was one comment 

Now he is being called Judas:xnod:

8 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Now he is being called Judas:xnod:

i hope they dont call him snake.........because the last player of ours they called snake only worked out well for about a season then went off the rails

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

gk Lopar 

WB Kamau, Georgievski

DM Schwegler, Baccus

AM Majewski 

ST Duke, Yeboah

have I missed anyone?

to return O’Doherty

Wilmering

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

We now have a bare bone BL2 side, just the depth is missing, BL2 clubs have up to 30 senior players on the books and loan a few out if required. We have just 19 players on senior contracts (two of them obsolete) plus a number of quality juniors. Yet the youngsters have improved so much that they are genuinely pushing the older guys. 

Only single points of failure are schwegler and lopar. They are the one we can't afford getting injured. 

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

Only single points of failure are schwegler and lopar. They are the one we can't afford getting injured. 

You had to say it

39 minutes ago, FCB said:

We now have a bare bone BL2 side, just the depth is missing, BL2 clubs have up to 30 senior players on the books and loan a few out if required. We have just 19 players on senior contracts (two of them obsolete) plus a number of quality juniors. Yet the youngsters have improved so much that they are genuinely pushing the older guys. 

We are taking a big risk with only schwegler as a senior midfielder . Baccus is very promising but I don’t think he should  have a guaranteed spot . Are Sullivan or Grozos at a high enough level to get us thru 10 games if something  goes wrong ?  

5 minutes ago, TheSweeper said:

We are taking a big risk with only schwegler as a senior midfielder . Baccus is very promising but I don’t think he should  have a guaranteed spot . Are Sullivan or Grozos at a high enough level to get us thru 10 games if something  goes wrong ?  

Short term injury: JoD and Sullivan, Dylan Mc and Ziegler can both play DM. Long term: injury replacement. 

58 minutes ago, FCB said:

I think Jurman can also fill Schwegler's role is need be with Tas/Elrich coming in to fill Jurman's spot. 

My main concern is the No.9 role. If they announce a proven goal scorer, I'll be a happy chappy.

Edited by Jefski

Tass can play CB & DM. 

Grozos can play anywhere in the midfield, as you would have seen in the FFA Cup game at Penrith last season, when he & Keanu matched the Smurfs as raw teenagers.

We can cover every position, so if we jag a 15+ goal a season striker, Wanderland 2.0 is going to be rocking & we'll win the treble. #BetResponsibly

3 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Tass can play CB & DM. 

Grozos can play anywhere in the midfield, as you would have seen in the FFA Cup game at Penrith last season, when he & Keanu matched the Smurfs as raw teenagers.

We can cover every position, so if we jag a 15+ goal a season striker, Wanderland 2.0 is going to be rocking & we'll win the treble. #BetResponsibly

The question is, will Grozos stay on the field long enough for us to see what he's actually capable of?

He's recovered after the knee scare in Perth & is back in work. 

I don't expect him to play much of a role in the FFA Cup game against City, unless he gets some game time next week (assuming we play a friendly), but, he should be available for any games thereafter.

Top images these.

Jurman's got the right mentality if you ask me & he's another leader.

Babbel has got his recruitment spot on since January, when he brought in Kwame & Duke

Image may contain: 2 people, people playing sport and outdoor

is?839gAqYeqnPQ93hHHlcPvpl0kQTMYkWmGiZARAA4j24&height=190

7 hours ago, Keithie said:

all good Taurus but not the venue of choice , I like chinese food and docklands

Don't mind the odd Chinese meal either :good:

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

gk Lopar 

WB Kamau, Georgievski

DM Schwegler, Baccus

AM Majewski 

ST Duke, Yeboah

have I missed anyone?

to return O’Doherty

That bench isn't good enough, nor will it strike fear into opposition teams. Need someone that can change a game on the bench and unfortunately having just kids is too much pressure on them. Also shows a lack of depth for Starting XI spots. 

I love the kids, don't get me wrong, but we need a bit more on the bench. 

Our centre backs are now all over 190 cm.