mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

10 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Lucky he didn't fall off the stage last night & damage his other shoulder

Maybe that's why there's so many people at the sides of the stage?

1 minute ago, Taurus said:

Has he transitioned?

Free agent according to Transfermarkt 

I give up!

BLOKES CAN'T PLAY IN THE WOMEN'S LEAGUE

Btw, the AL side doesn't need a left winger, we have the Duke of WS who can perform that role 

2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

I give up!

BLOKES CAN'T PLAY IN THE WOMEN'S LEAGUE

Btw, the AL side doesn't need a left winger, we have the Duke of WS who can perform that role 

39 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Make that 14/15 signings, LW being one of a number of visa signings already completed

Looks like I read too much into what you said

56 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Make that 14/15 signings, LW being one of a number of visa signings already completed :ninja:

What I meant by 4 signings was that they are ready to announce these 4. Found this out Friday night. Of course though there is a lot of signings needed though for the W-League team. Definitely more than 4 needed for that team to be successful. Heard big things about Lynn Williams!

This was the full tweet I was responded too, which may shine a different light on my comment. 

4 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Obafemi Martins would be certainly big enough. Although its taking so long that it seems that maybe we are getting a player who is contracted. 

Duke said that him and Ziegler are about the same stage. Duke said he thinks he will be off the bench against City and they are keeping Ziegler fit until Rd 1. 

Also 4 W-League signings I was told. Lynn Williams one of them.

Make that 14/15 signings, LW being one of a number of visa signings already completed :ninja:

Btw, I spoke with Heff today about how the squad is coming together, hence my comment.

I didn't want anyone (particularly any visitors from FB) to start saying we don't have enough WL players, when the squad doesn't assemble until early October.

8 hours ago, Taurus said:

This was the full tweet I was responded too, which may shine a different light on my comment. 

Obafemi Martins would be certainly big enough. Although its taking so long that it seems that maybe we are getting a player who is contracted. 

Duke said that him and Ziegler are about the same stage. Duke said he thinks he will be off the bench against City and they are keeping Ziegler fit until Rd 1. 

Btw, I spoke with Heff today about how the squad is coming together, hence my comment.

I didn't want anyone (particularly any visitors from FB) to start saying we don't have enough WL players, when the squad doesn't assemble until early October.

Ok. So the A-league squad is nearly fully recruited with a foreign striker as the last piece in the puzzle. Perhaps one other visa player once Dutton lets Ziggy get his passport or the A-league allows more than 5 visa players.

Looks like it's time to have a dedicated W-League Squad Development Thread 

11 hours ago, Taurus said:

Are you confident we've got it right this season after failing miserably in the past? 

I suggest we'll have a breakout domestic season on a number of fronts. 

The hard work is being done to prepare the squads to be competitive & want for nothing off the pitch.

The vibe is good 

Any WSW fans who are partial to a speculative interest on our games, should visit this Off Topic thread 

As our 2019/20 squad develops, so should the interest in such a thread & all things profitable #BetResponsibly 

I have a view that Babbel is done until the January Window , he has Kamau and Georgeski as wing back with Yeboah , Duke and Adam as CF choices,

I think he will sit tight , I think we still have some risks at Centre Back ,is Mcgowan up to it will Ziegler's injury hold up .Jurman and  Tass look the goods but we will lose Tass in January for a few weeks. 

It's been no secret that Babbel has been after a quality #9 all preseason. Doubt he gives up now. Our depth in attack isn't great especially if we have any further injuries

14 minutes ago, Keithie said:

I have a view that Babbel is done until the January Window , he has Kamau and Georgeski as wing back with Yeboah , Duke and Adam as CF choices,

Couldn't be further from the truth.

WSW want to make a statement this season & the marquee #9 will be the final piece of the puzzle / major signing of the off-season. 

40 minutes ago, Keithie said:

I think he will sit tight , I think we still have some risks at Centre Back ,is Mcgowan up to it will Ziegler's injury hold up .Jurman and  Tass look the goods but we will lose Tass in January for a few weeks. 

I hope this prediction is as accurate as the jurman one :D

33 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Couldn't be further from the truth.

WSW want to make a statement this season & the marquee #9 will be the final piece of the puzzle / major signing of the off-season. 

Dude also had a firm feeling that Jurman was heading to ESFC. So yeah. 

Geez fellas ease up I am only stating a view , doesn't mean I am right , time will tell but like Jurman I hope I am wrong also but just got a feeling based on Lederer's past history.

Announce Hooper.

12 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Geez fellas ease up I am only stating a view , doesn't mean I am right , time will tell but like Jurman I hope I am wrong also but just got a feeling based on Lederer's past history.

Lederers past history has been pretty good I think. He signs the cheques, he doesn't do the recruiting.The Riera/Cejudo year was a pretty darn big spend, you can thank old mate Tony for fuc/king off to Buttscratchistan 6 days before the season started. Considering what the owners have spent on facilities, they certainly aren't running a tight budget.

Half the problem is the facebook mouth breathers are looking for a ADP signing - that aint happening.

19 minutes ago, Beer said:

Announce Hooper.

Transfermarkt puts up comparable players from the same country.

From TM, Hooper is comparable to

Frazier Campbell 

Adam le Fondre

Joe Garner

Lee Gregory

We are one player short of having the minimum of 20 on senior contract. At the members forum JT mentioned that the squad was too young, and that two additional older players would be signed to address that. 

Jurman was the first one, the second one will be an attacker. That'll be senior player no. 20, it's in the works, and should be sorted soon.  

We don't have a problem at the back. The three CBs with Lopar behind them and Schwegler in front will be the parra version of the great Wall of china.

Wsw will win the title. 

2 hours ago, Keithie said:

And what would that history be?

18 minutes ago, FCB said:

We are one player short of having the minimum of 20 on senior contract. At the members forum JT mentioned that the squad was too young, and that two additional older players would be signed to address that. 

Jurman was the first one, the second one will be an attacker. That'll be senior player no. 20, it's in the works, and should be sorted soon.  

We don't have a problem at the back. The three CBs with Lopar behind them and Schwegler in front will be the parra version of the great Wall of china.

Wsw will win the title. 

I think we are 2 players short of a balanced squad. We need a a striker and another forward, both foreign, considering the knee injury Duke suffered during pre-season and the possibility of Yeboah getting injured.

Still, we are in a good position. The matchup with Heartle$$ with our squad still with injuries and Youth will be insightful.

Suman as a backup keeper seems to injury prone, plus Janjetovic won't really be fit until November (if his head is still in the game).

Ziegler is being nursed to ensure longevity for the A-league season (and hopefully an Australian passport in the next 2 weeks).

Duke in the same boat as Ziggy injury wise.

O'Doherty obviously had a serious injury and is going through rehab. He will likely partner Schwegler in January to replace Keanu.

Grozos hopefully be back to the FFA Cup game.

@Paul01

The January u23 tournament won't be a big deal. Unless Arnie plucks the players early, baccus etc will be missing for two games, against Nix and ccm, from memory. 

18 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Ziegler is being nursed to ensure longevity for the A-league season (and hopefully an Australian passport in the next 2 weeks).

Did I miss something along the line? Hopefully an Australian passport in the next 2 weeks? Is it really happening that soon?

8 minutes ago, FCB said:

@Paul01

The January u23 tournament won't be a big deal. Unless Arnie plucks the players early, baccus etc will be missing for two games, against Nix and ccm, from memory. 

@FCB

Our last game in 2019 is on the 27th December. We play Roar on New Year's Day as well as Perth in the January period.  Add any friendlies as well to prepare the Olyroos. So minimum of 4 games depending on results. 

Funding for men's football is critical for the FFA now so a successful campaign will result in federal funding for the Olyroos if they quality. 

Just now, Jefski said:

Did I miss something along the line? Hopefully an Australian passport in the next 2 weeks? Is it really happening that soon?

I dont know but it just my wishful thinking.