mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

2 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

I'm not saying they'll get one, but they seem to have hoped for one.

would be interesting to know who they were chasing. 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

32 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Ok, too much page counting and not enough baseless speculation and rumour mongering. 

Here's a list of strikers in the last year of their contract. 30 years or older and valued 2M or less. 
Also, I have seen each and every one of them getting a caramel latte at my local Gloria Jeans in the last fortnight.

1yr 30plus under 2M pg 1.JPG

expiring pg 2.JPG

pg3.JPG

That many coffees would take them 6 months to make

5 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Few more if you search for 2nd strikers rather than 9's. 

But still no more big names. 
Lukas Podolski maybe? I did see him drinking top level barista coffee from a hipster cafe in Blacktown yesterday. 
Still, the average punter will probably think Podolski  is a degenerative disease rather than a German forward.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2020&ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=13&altersklasse=o30&land_id=0&yt0=Show

WHAT! Podolski in Blacktown !  You being cereal dude?!  WHY DIDNT YOU LET US KNOW!!!!?????  :nono:

imagine the look on his face if a bunch of crazies in WSW shirts came up to him in a cafe in Blacktown!  :lol:

19 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Few more if you search for 2nd strikers rather than 9's. 

But still no more big names. 
Lukas Podolski maybe? I did see him drinking top level barista coffee from a hipster cafe in Blacktown yesterday. 
Still, the average punter will probably think Podolski  is a degenerative disease rather than a German forward.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2020&ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=13&altersklasse=o30&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Geeezzuus! Seriously! A hipster cafe in Blacktown? 

Gomez or Negredo or maybe Soldado id be happy with from that list.. Proven strikers that could put 15+ goals in for us 

11 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

Gomez or Negredo or maybe Soldado id be happy with from that list.. Proven strikers that could put 15+ goals in for us 

Mario Gomez plz. I can just see that fake rumour bloke posting this and Negredo already

11 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

Mario would be my choice. Perhaps he's too old, but I reckon he'd be more than capable if his legs didn't fall off on our pitches. 

48 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

I'm not saying they'll get one, but they seem to have hoped for one.

Is the strategy to get new bums on seats per converting other codes and eurosnobs, or get lost members to return?

Sign this bloke up after Ziegler gets his citizenship. https://www.transfermarkt.com/lucas-silva/profil/spieler/218118 
Not sure if we need more midfielders but he would probably destroy the A-League. Rodri for me is a no. 5 goals in the 2nd Spain Division in 33 games won't cut it I feel.

Mario Gomez is the man.

11 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Is the strategy to get new bums on seats per converting other codes and eurosnobs, or get lost members to return?

A bit of both would be my uninformed opinion. There will be a percentage of the lost members who failed to run the course at Soulless but may come back, and a further percentage who will come when the results look good, but Eurosnob $ are just as good as anyone's, and the prospect of having a fairly full stadium would delight the suits.

Squad training on 2 newly opened pitches this morning.

Yep, I'm guilty of taking the shot from an angle which brought the sign in the background to life. #WanderlandisComing 

18 minutes ago, sonar said:

5'7"......not enough height.......you would want someone who is at least 6' .

We can do better

11 minutes ago, Taurus said:

We can do better

The only exception I would make to a smaller up front guy would be Cahill who was a freak with his head ...but he wasn't an out and out striker.....but yeah....we need someone with "presence". Riera was good with his head but not so much a mongrel in front of goal.

Edited by sonar

1 hour ago, wswtragic said:

The club needs to get more than just the faithful through the turnstiles, and Berisha may poach a bagful but he won't put new bums on seats. The Boss has recruited some solid talent, but I think the club wants a drawcard, hence the delay.

I'd rather that than a Piovacarri. 

7 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

I'd rather that than a Piovacarri. 

I'd rather dysentery than a Piovacarri. 

Announce Çiftçi 

Ok thinking outside the box again. Instead of our fascination with a striker signing, maybe we target an expert right wing back. Playing 532, wing backs are our new weapons, so why not bulk up there to polish up our attack and defence. 

- Issa Cissokho

- Maxi Pereira

- Or the old boy Shannon Cole! 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

He played for 1860, and he failed. That's not what you want to have on your CV.

You have superior knowledge :good:

4 hours ago, DeeDee said:

With a lack of quality strikers free, maybe its best to focus on wingers/second strikers as there is a few good realistic options available. With Yeboah more suited to the striker role, Mo Adam and Duke who is quality in 2 positions, perhaps more of a wide forward is more beneficial anyway to add flexibility in our tactics.

Leroy George is free. Harry Novillo is another option. Both proven to rip the a-league up and provide goals and assists. And then theres still Ben Arfa :wub:

Leroy George left on bad terms, bagging out the A league

24 minutes ago, iamwesternsydney said:

Leroy George left on bad terms, bagging out the A league

Thought he was more so bagging out Victory and their handling of his contract promises

On 08/09/2019 at 1:22 PM, Taurus said:

Any WSW fans who are partial to a speculative interest on our games, should visit this Off Topic thread 

As our 2019/20 squad develops, so should the interest in such a thread & all things profitable #BetResponsibly 

SPECULATORS, CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?

Our price to beat City in the FFA Cup next week, has plummeted in from $4.00 to $3.55 (best odds) in the last hour.

There's only one place on this forum to keep up to date with our fluctuating fortunes  :flag:

Didnt City lose to a trial match against Western United the other night?

37 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

2-1. Delbridge O.G and Yuel (that kid keeps scoring). Najjarine got City's goal. 

Cheers. :good:

Even though it was an own goal that caused the loss. This should boost the boys confidence a bit more next week against them.