mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Sounds like a good signing. Appears to have a great football brain and the smarts to anchor our midfield, good technique and tackling. However from all the info i have he strikes me as a role player / glue player, and if we don't get the team around him right his pedigree will mean nada.

We need to partner him with some quality, and i don't think Baccus jnr will cut it just yet. We will need someone who can distribute the ball forward and add abit of explosiveness from the cm and or cam position. Baccus jnr off the bench. 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

3 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Anyone know any specifics about style?

e.g. is this guy a DM, AM or pure CM?  And does he have the motor for box to box or does he prefer to camp somewhere?

None of this matters. 76 on FUT19! Hahaha.

12 hours ago, Paul01 said:

No it's not. Leeds have the Southern end only. Wanderers gave the Northern end for active and the eastern stand. 

I can all but assure the revenue will be leaving our shores when Leeds get on that plane. Seating allocation is not a reflection on the commercial agreement

55 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

more please!

What a screamer!

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

I can all but assure the revenue will be leaving our shores when Leeds get on that plane. Seating allocation is not a reflection on the commercial agreement

Ok. But it won't be like going to ANZ and confronted with the game as an Arsenal home game.

19 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Ok. But it won't be like going to ANZ and confronted with the game as an Arsenal home game.

Best bit of that game was Melling kicking someone 

Great signing and if under the cap which it looks like he is, I am now more confident of MB getting someone like Ribery down here on a marquee contract for a year

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Best bit of that game was Melling kicking someone 

I thought it was Arsenal unable to defend the IDFK for the backpass to the GK.;)

He is coming off contract: https://www.transfermarkt.com/george-timotheou/profil/spieler/344677

Does anyone remember him from his NPL days?

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

He is coming off contract: https://www.transfermarkt.com/george-timotheou/profil/spieler/344677

Watched him at Syd Olympic then off to Schalke (II I think) he went from the NPL. From there I haven't really heard much of how he's fared. I always thought he'd do alright in the Aleague, but didn't someone say he did a spell with SFC.   

13 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Watched him at Syd Olympic then off to Schalke (II I think) he went from the NPL. From there I haven't really heard much of how he's fared. I always thought he'd do alright in the Aleague, but didn't someone say he did a spell with SFC.   

In quite a low division over there. Haven't heard any reports on him. Surely we'd look at our youth stocks for a squad CB?

1 minute ago, wswtragic said:

In quite a low division over there. Haven't heard any reports on him. Surely we'd look at our youth stocks for a squad CB?

Agree. George from memory is a big bloody unit though - I'd say like a Bart Shenk build. Don't know if we've got that in our youth.

8 minutes ago, Erebus said:

With Zeigler an Aussie it means we have 4 more Visa spots.

So we can easily fit Montolivo, De Rossi, Ribery and now Griezmann has signalled he is leaving Atletico.

Get on the phone Babbel!

Don't forget Eden Hazard 

8 minutes ago, Erebus said:

With Zeigler an Aussie it means we have 4 more Visa spots.

So we can easily fit Montolivo, De Rossi, Ribery and now Griezmann has signalled he is leaving Atletico.

Get on the phone Babbel!

That sounds like if they made a football version of the expendables movie.

On 12/05/2019 at 1:30 PM, StringerBellend said:

Joe Cole only been retired for 6 months...... Make it happen Babbel

It's going to be awkward next year when we have to cut two of these guys from out ACL squad.

Leighton Baines is on way out of Everton, get my favourite Indie Rock loving Left Back in 

Rafinha, the Bayern right back, is also leaving. He would be a lot more realistic than Ribery. 

Some of the players have told me the Vedran rumours are true and he is potentially getting swapped for Birighitti.

Okazaki rumour is true as well, he could definitely be coming to us this season.

Kalac has left City so don't see why Vedran would go there now

17 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Kalac has left City so don't see why Vedran would go there now

Has gone to the Western Frauds as well?

4 hours ago, FCB said:

Never used by Sydney FC. Had a good season with Olympic and then picked up by Schalke. May have been on the bench for the first team a few times I think. 

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Rafinha, the Bayern right back, is also leaving. He would be a lot more realistic than Ribery. 

Some of the players have told me the Vedran rumours are true and he is potentially getting swapped for Birighitti.

Okazaki rumour is true as well, he could definitely be coming to us this season.

Regarding rafinha: it depends. If ffa doubles the salary the club would pay, and if a sponsorship deal was struck with a third party, ribery could easily make five million. Rafinha would not be seen as worthy by ffa, a I doubt that a two million offer would be enough. But then again, what do I know? He can play accross the back, as dm, am, and winger. And he is a great guy. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DeeDee said:

Sounds like a good signing. Appears to have a great football brain and the smarts to anchor our midfield, good technique and tackling. However from all the info i have he strikes me as a role player / glue player, and if we don't get the team around him right his pedigree will mean nada.

We need to partner him with some quality, and i don't think Baccus jnr will cut it just yet. We will need someone who can distribute the ball forward and add abit of explosiveness from the cm and or cam position. Baccus jnr off the bench. 

While I don't disagree with your assessment, blokes like this can make Bacchus Jnr look like and turn him into an absolute star, I think because he has played so many games for us and also because his brother is 27, we sometimes forget that the  best Bacchus is only 20 years of age still.  He has already won a Wanderers medal albeit in a terrible season for most so Imagine what he could be like in 5-6 years if he stays fit and healthy.  I would be happy to partner him with Bacchus and have a bit more quality further up field.

Edited by scarcev

So Hamill was the last to be confirmed as leaving, first to announce a new club.