Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

3 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Ziggy and Duke playing is fantastic news.

Not concerned about a 1-1 in preseason.

Jets just went 10-2 against young Socceroos but lost to a northern NPL team behind closed doors. Victory smashed WU 6-0 then 2 days later WU drew with Sydney. It doesn’t make sense in footballing terms. Coaches try out stuff.

The only friendlies & non-competitive sokkah games I take serious are those when the Socceroos beat the Poms or the Deutschies.

57 minutes ago, mack said:

Loss to Leeds & City, draws against WU, Jets & Wellington, beat Mariners, beat Perth in FFA Cup.

We've gone backwards since the season started. One win against top half opposition is worrying.

I'm an optimist but a realist at the same time. I'm starting to worry a little too.

I'm guessing it's FOMO :unknw:

"how come we didn't put six past WU as well?"

A lot of hype was placed on this coming season considering how badly we played in the Spotless years. That Bankwest might have a magical effect on the squad.

Considering that WSW asked the FFA to delay MacArthur's entry (if Bossi's report was accurate) we really need to put up or shut up.

3 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

A lot of hype was placed on this coming season considering how badly we played in the Spotless years. That Bankwest might have a magical effect on the squad.

Considering that WSW asked the FFA to delay MacArthur's entry (if Bossi's report was accurate) we really need to put up or shut up.

His report was bollocks 

JT said on a recent podcast that WSW never asked for a delay, only that their position was that Macarthur wasn't the right place for a new team. I suspect WSW would have rather bought in Wollongong & Canberra as that would have paused NSW expansion for 10 years while still providing a tangible benefit to WSW via increased crowds for those fixtures and protected WSW's position in the Sydney market.

Maybe the FFA inferred from that position that WSW wanted (or FFA thought we needed of their own accord) a year of 'clear air' but it isn't the same as WSW asking for it outright.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

JT said on a recent podcast that WSW never asked for a delay, only that their position was that Macarthur wasn't the right place for a new team (I suspect WSW would have rather bought in Wollongong & Canberra as that would have paused NSW expansion for 10 years).

Maybe the FFA inferred from that position that WSW wanted (or FFA thought we needed of their own accord) a year of 'clear air' but it isn't the same as WSW asking for it outright.

Our position very different to the FFA favorites. Theirs was outright opposition to Southern Expansion.

11 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Bossi alert!

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167e1597dc0e3017990

27 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

WSW recently denied that claim

5 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

WSW recently denied that claim

Those of us who are in the Members Committee and were at the first meeting post the Bullshit decision can attest to JT firing off big time about how they were a dud decision. There is no way that our suits would be scared of some shonks out near C-Town cannibalising our support...they are focused 110% on doing what they can for our return to Wanderland and will let the Macarthur wannabes do their own thing.

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Tate Russell only Wanderer selected for the u23 olyroo training in camp. Arnold not interested in Tass Mourdoukoutas by the look of it.

Probably because Arnie only wants players he can find on ancestry.com.au who play for either the smurfs or some 6th tier English club.

Oh, and there is this too...

EGAsez-VAAAEkqK?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 hours ago, mack said:

Loss to Leeds & City, draws against WU, Jets & Wellington, beat Mariners, beat Perth in FFA Cup.

We've gone backwards since the season started. One win against top half opposition is worrying.

Pre season form is irrelevant. Check out man utd in preseason, undefeated against top opposition, and look how their going. 

Why are we playing a different formation one week out from the start of the season? 

Early pre-season, sure. Against lowly opposition, sure. 

One week out from round 1, the last game of pre-season should be treated as if it’s a regular season game. 

1 minute ago, Beer said:

Why are we playing a different formation one week out from the start of the season? 

Early pre-season, sure. Against lowly opposition, sure. 

One week out from round 1, the last game of pre-season should be treated as if it’s a regular season game. 

Babbel still has players who needed a run before the season proper....Zeigler, Jurman, Meier for instance. The injury to Majewski wouldn't of helped either. The real test is next week. If we can't beat the Mariners we may be in for a long season. Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, sonar said:

Babbel still has players who needed a run before the season proper....Zeigler, Jurman, Meier for instance. The injury to Majewski wouldn't of helped either. The real test is next week. If we can't beat the Mariners we may be in for a long season. Time will tell.

That doesn’t explain a change of formation. 

Mariners aren’t the test. We should walk that game in by 3 or 4 goals. The real test comes in the two weeks after, with games against Victory and ESFC. I’m holding judgement until then. 

1 minute ago, Beer said:

That doesn’t explain a change of formation. 

Mariners aren’t the test. We should walk that game in by 3 or 4 goals. The real test comes in the two weeks after, with games against Victory and ESFC. I’m holding judgement until then. 

For me it does....we won't play the same style against every team.  A team has to be able to adapt to whoever they play and change their style to suit circumstances in a game.

Every game is a test...........everyone is assuming we will blow the Mariners away....a draw or defeat will be a terrible start.

2 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

We played a different formation today, whether it’s lack of players or babbel is trying things. I wouldn’t read too much into it

What are you talking about?

Sullivan started at 10, so being the only real change to our line up 

27 minutes ago, Taurus said:

What are you talking about?

Sullivan started at 10, so being the only real change to our line up 

That's enlightening.

No change of formation.

Elrich therefore went to LWB

Schwegler and Baccus as usual at DM

Meier and Duke as strikers.

Sullivan was obviously the stopgap for Majewski. 

The club match report said we dominated most of the first and second half. Despite this, the Fraudsters got 3 more shots on target that Lopar saved.

We obviously miss Majewski, no matter his perceived faults.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic