Jump to content

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1


Recommended Posts

I'd like to see Adam next to Meier this weekend, with Duke in behind replacing Sullivan. Duke's energy alone will create more than what Sullivan did in the first 65 mins.

Kosta and Yeboah can have 20-30 mins when Adam and Meier run out of puff and Duke and Yeboah can finish off the game up top.

Assuming Elrich, Georgievski, Kamau are all out, give the kids a go at wing back.

Meier - Adam

Duke

Baccus - Schwegler
Wilmering---------------------------------------------------Russell

Jurman - Tass - McGowan

Lopar

Link to post
1 hour ago, Pup55 said:

I'd like to see Adam next to Meier this weekend, with Duke in behind replacing Sullivan. Duke's energy alone will create more than what Sullivan did in the first 65 mins.

Kosta and Yeboah can have 20-30 mins when Adam and Meier run out of puff and Duke and Yeboah can finish off the game up top.

Assuming Elrich, Georgievski, Kamau are all out, give the kids a go at wing back.

Meier - Adam

Duke

Baccus - Schwegler
Wilmering---------------------------------------------------Russell

Jurman - Tass - McGowan

Lopar

What happened to Georgievski? They only stated that Elrich and Kamau copped injuries.

Link to post

With all these injuries I'm curious to know if we've adopted new training regimes that are too rapid in getting players conditioned, or if we've neglected something in our recovery strategies? I just remember being told a long time ago that recovery is of equal importance to performance.

Link to post
On 14/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, WSWJACK said:

All the shall we, do we on Berisha and he goes and pops up and gets the winner in wellington, he may be many things to many people but the fella knows where the onion bag is.

it's a gamble for the new boys but I think it's going to pay off for them.

Berisha isn't the answer for us but a good fit for their experienced and quality attacking midfielders which we lack, seeing the combos they were creating in such a short time is scary, but they can't play full 90". I think all a league teams playing back 3 setups look quite vulnerable and will be interesting to see how many keep it. 

Link to post

Can’t say I’m a fan of the 3 at the back, particularly when our 2 DMs drop so deep to get the ball. At times we had 5 players behind the ball whilst in possession. No wonder there were no options up the pitch.

Edited by billybob
Link to post
3 minutes ago, mack said:

Trinks & Mollering look the best of the players. I'd probably go for Trinks if I had to choose.

Tim Dierben (can't get the German symbol) is a Hannover man between reserves and first team. Schwegler would know him I would imagine.

Link to post
1 hour ago, beatsurrender said:

I think we can forget ziggy.  He's pure stardust.

Haha, while I did have a chuckle at your pun, I am really starting to get p'd off.  The lines we were being fed about managing injuries so everyone would be fit for the start of the HAL season are not reflected in reality, especially with regards to Ziggy.  It is so disappointing because this is supposed to be THE season.  No more excuses remember! In these circumstances it is difficult not to start thinking there is more going on than meets the eye.

Edited by LeeMarvin
Link to post
47 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Haha, while I did have a chuckle at your pun, I am really starting to get p'd off.  The lines we were being fed about managing injuries so everyone would be fit for the start of the HAL season are not reflected in reality, especially with regards to Ziggy.  It is so disappointing because this is supposed to be THE season.  No more excuses remember! In these circumstances it is difficult not to start thinking there is more going on than meets the eye.

The Mariners game was far from perfect and the injuries keep rolling in. But i'm not sure 1 win from 1 game and 2nd on the table is the right point to start the panic Kent. At least wait till after we lose the derby to a late VAR call.

Link to post
1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

Haha, while I did have a chuckle at your pun, I am really starting to get p'd off.  The lines we were being fed about managing injuries so everyone would be fit for the start of the HAL season are not reflected in reality, especially with regards to Ziggy.  It is so disappointing because this is supposed to be THE season.  No more excuses remember! In these circumstances it is difficult not to start thinking there is more going on than meets the eye.

Hmmmm  not sure we are being told the truth on Ziggy. If he was almost ready then I expect to see him on the bench on Friday with the option of getting some minutes. If he doesn't appear and we get him in the 'Outs' list when the teams are announced with the notation "Knee- 2 weeks" then I think we have to assume, like Raddy, we won't see him this season. Meaning 2 imports down before we start. 

Link to post

There's an old, old tale out here in the west.

The tale of old Ziggy's ghost.

Old folks say there was once a dashing, young warrior called Ziggy who came from across the pond, he came to defend the west.

As the tale goes, he made an appearance once or twice, then was never seen again.

Some folks say on a rainy night at Bankwest you might just catch a glimpse of old Ziggy's ghost if you're lucky.

Other folks say it's just a crazy man's fable.

The ghost of old Ziggy.

 

 

Link to post
29 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

If he doesn't appear and we get him in the 'Outs' list when the teams are announced with the notation "Knee- 2 weeks" then I think we have to assume, like Raddy, we won't see him this season. Meaning 2 imports down before we start.

I think call is extremely unlikely, we know that he had minutes in the WU friendly & wasn’t considered for the first game cause couldn’t guarantee 90 minutes. On top of this, no news of a set back. If we hear he has another knee injury, then yes, panic

22 minutes ago, Davo said:

I wonder what the eagles mean.

That the mariners have swooped on another Wanderers youth prospect (is already announced as John Roberts)

Link to post
  • mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...