mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You look at the team now and you would think that when fully fit we SHOULD be going for an ACL spot and a home semi.

I miss our participation in the ACL, even if the last couple were dogshize

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You look at the team now and you would think that when fully fit we SHOULD be going for an ACL spot and a home semi.

No reason we can’t finish top 

1 minute ago, wswtragic said:

I miss our participation in the ACL, even if the last couple were dogshize

Mid week ACL games were epic, we need ACL football back and renew old aquaintences like Evergrande.

I think we have the squad to do that now.

18 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Mid week ACL games were epic, we need ACL football back and renew old aquaintences like Evergrande.

I think we have the squad to do that now.

*Memories* :') just need Vitor Saba

11 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Looks like Eintract Frankfurt has become our feeder club. M

Maybe we form a partnership.:grouphug:

Aren't their colours red and black?

Yeah and add to that Urawa Red Diamonds (Also have Mitsubishi as sponsor) and AC Milan perhaps?

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Eintracht Frankfurt Twitter seem genuinely pleased  that we have 3 of their former players.

What are they saying?

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m not that negative about the derby, sure it’s a bit early for us and we will get better once our Germans get up to speed, but sydney really aren’t that good.

They concedes two against Adelaide, and only one in last minute against ten men

Plus they had the benefit of a lot of refereeing decisions going their way (Some things never change!).  With ABJ now in the proper colours I am concerned the refs will wrap him in cotton wool and he will get one of our guys unjustly red carded.

7 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

What are they saying?

We now know what the Eagle was referring to as well

Edited by SteveB

5 minutes ago, SteveB said:

We now know what the Eagle was referring to as well

Die Adler!

I get hungry every time I see the word Frankfurt.  Mmmm - big fat sausage in bun in one hand and big cup of beer in the other.  Do they go mustard or the curry ketchup there? 

4 minutes ago, teddies said:

This was when China started hating the western world

Well they are primarily an AFL nation, football isn't very big over there. ;)

16 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

I get hungry every time I see the word Frankfurt.  Mmmm - big fat sausage in bun in one hand and big cup of beer in the other.  Do they go mustard or the curry ketchup there? 

Good question

I would assume that Senf (mustard) would be the go to in Frankfurt, and they'd use wurst that are nowhere near what we have as 'frankfurts' here. Curry ketchup/currywurst, whilst probably available in Frankfurt and the rest of Germany is I believe more of a Berlin thing...the kind of cheap snack you'd get at an Imbiß which I guess is equivalent to our local takeaway. Oh, and the sausage used for currywurst is more likely to be a Bratwurst or Weisswurst than a Frankfurt

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

So my old man always told me get the spine of your team right GK, CBs CM, CF and rest follows 

Lopar, Ziegler, Jurman, schwegller, Meirer 

we are sorted 

contrast to last year 

I don’t think we can put Ziegler in that list until he plays 6-7 games straight and proves himself. Even the few games he played last year he wasn’t a stand out for me

2 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Disappointed that the return to Wanderland hasnt seen the return of the Primo Wanderdog

Okay time for a lock now we've filled our injury replacement requirement and the end of the transfer window.