Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Not looking good for seeing Shinji Okazaki here going by this report. Pity as I would have liked to have seen him in the A League.

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/asian-football/1103270/outgoing-leicester-city-star-shinji-okazaki-responds-to-rumours-of-a-transfer-to-thai-league-club-buriram-united/

I hope that we will still be getting two marquees of quality.

1 hour ago, papersun said:

Not looking good for seeing Shinji Okazaki here going by this report. Pity as I would have liked to have seen him in the A League.

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/asian-football/1103270/outgoing-leicester-city-star-shinji-okazaki-responds-to-rumours-of-a-transfer-to-thai-league-club-buriram-united/

I hope that we will still be getting two marquees of quality.

The man will regret that. Buriram has a very poor history of treating foreigners like trash. And the Thai aren’t huge fans of the Japanese

4 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

5 years being slaughtered by Japanese soldiers tends to do it.

OK, wrong thread I know, but can you give me some details.  My World War II history is pretty good and I don't understand that to have been the case.

Also in my experience Thai and Japanese people work together well.  They share many cultural values and both have proud histories of resisting European imperialism in Asia.

There are many old blood feuds in Asia that we in the west aren't aware of. Dating from WW2 and prior.

Just read the comments section of any ACL highlights vid on YouTube. They all rip into each other eg "congrats China from Thailand, **** Japan!"; "**** Korea, from Japan!" etc etc 

Edited by Erebus

Our whole recruiting at present will depend on who signs on what type of contract

Ribery, Holtby and Okazaki would all need to be Designed Players (outside the cap, previously called Marquees) 

If we were to sign Ribery and Okazaki, then Holtby couldn't be signed.

If we signed Ribery and Holtby then Okazaki would be out. 

Etc

1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

OK, wrong thread I know, but can you give me some details.  My World War II history is pretty good and I don't understand that to have been the case.

Also in my experience Thai and Japanese people work together well.  They share many cultural values and both have proud histories of resisting European imperialism in Asia.

Very short version - japan invaded Thailand in 1941. Japan flattened the thai in half a day, quite literally. The thai officially joined the Axis Alliance (many people don’t seem to realise this). Whilst they were officially allianced,many Thai in the north were forced to build the railway with Australian POWs. The treatment was horrible, and many died. The Japanese rarely turned their rifles on the Thai but they worked many of them quite literally to death. Not to forget the mass rapes of their women.

Anyway, a slightly less depressing topic - sign more players damnit!!! I’m getting impatient already

27 minutes ago, Bellby said:

Lets just land one yeh? Getting ahead of ourselves. 

Agree, although I have a feeling we're after a big fish. Using a spot for a new goalie would preclude we're targeting the ffa marquee fund.

Does anyone know if the special ffa marquee counts towards your international's quota?

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic