mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

6 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Babbel not a fan?

The club appears to be unaware that they've signed him. There's no deal, not yet anyway. The above post is premature.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

So do these changes mean Baccus is not included in salary cap whatsoever as long as he remains with us? That's pretty huge

14 minutes ago, FCB said:

The club appears to be unaware that they've signed him. 

Odd phrase lol I guess they could have signed him by accident, but just not aware at the moment...

6 minutes ago, wswnick said:

So do these changes mean Baccus is not included in salary cap whatsoever as long as he remains with us? That's pretty huge

Assuming this would be the case for another 2 years, once he hits 23 he would no longer fall under this ruling?

24 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Assuming this would be the case for another 2 years, once he hits 23 he would no longer fall under this ruling?

Ah right, forgot there's a 23yo age restriction on homegrown players rule

The loyalty cap of 200k has gone away so anyone who gets to 5 seasons in a row with us will reduce their cap cost by 25% up to 50% if they stay 10 years.

58 minutes ago, mack said:

Salary cap has been increased by $137k to $3.2 million. Western United get an extra $400k.

If I'm reading the FFA release right, they've also removed the limit on cap deductions for homegrown & loyalty players. Scholarship players which are outside the cap if paid the minimum ~$50k, the number has been increased to 9.

Depending on what the FFA count as "homegrown", we've probably got some extra cap space if the likes of Tass, Baccus, Grozos were getting paid more than $200k total.

This is a game changer. Those who have a good enough youth development program will be very happy about this.

If they've kept the 4 player limit, basically our 4 highest paid players under 23 who came through the club's youth system (however the FFA decide that) are no longer included in the cap until after age 23.

Barbarousos confirmed a smurf

17 minutes ago, mack said:

The loyalty cap of 200k has gone away so anyone who gets to 5 seasons in a row with us ...if they stay 10 years.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

We can now have 9 development contracts. Time to sign Mo Adam.

Sign him up before Central Coast or Melbourne City make him an offer he can't refuse.

Appears under the new cap system all the young players except O'Doherty are cap-exempt. Leaving us with 12 players inside the cap, none of which are marquees, and 6 spots to fill.

Meanwhile half of Sydney FC's squad are going to get huge cap exemptions.

Redmayne & Janjetovic each getting a 20% cap exemption is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, papersun said:

Sign him up before Central Coast or Melbourne City make him an offer he can't refuse.

He's rejected offers from both of those in recent months. 

He'll get his upgraded deal when MB gets back here, if not before. 

7 hours ago, SteveB said:

Yeah not sure if he's stating we've signed him or demanding the club do it TBH, scrolled through some of the previous tweets and there are some dubious ones...

Sticky is a top bloke and great cartoonist. He isn't implying we've signed them. Just hoping we do.

If you get a chance, check out his wanderers cartoons. They are mint

19 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Our continuous turnover has put us at a huge disadvantage

The two seasons we put together a good squad they were almost immediately broken up by the cap.

SFC have kept their squad for 4 going on 5 seasons. They'll have 4 marquee level players next year.

50 minutes ago, mack said:

The two seasons we put together a good squad they were almost immediately broken up by the cap.

SFC have kept their squad for 4 going on 5 seasons. They'll have 4 marquee level players next year.

It’s not all doom and gloom, we SHOULD be looking at 3. Schwegler on paper would be a passable marquee. We obviously have 2 slots that every fan is expecting to be filled.

The academy is filling spots that would normally be eaten up by chaff pulled in from other clubs. I’m guessing there is a good chunk of cap floating around. No doubt Sydney will be edging us out there though.

Then shaking loose Vedran would go a long way to a decent signing under the cap

2 hours ago, Taurus said:

He's rejected offers from both of those in recent months. 

He'll get his upgraded deal when MB gets back here, if not before. 

Typical Mariners though, dead set like a seagull sitting outside McDonalds that club.

Thoughts on Ross McCormack after he got released by Villa?

Dunno, not sure we can afford a player who was worth £12 million 3 years ago who was on £70,000 a week at Villa :P

He could probably buy the Mariners if he felt like after that payout.

McCormack was very good at Melbourne City but has gone downhill since, far too risky for me with the issues he has had.

14 hours ago, mack said:

Appears under the new cap system all the young players except O'Doherty are cap-exempt. Leaving us with 12 players inside the cap, none of which are marquees, and 6 spots to fill.

Meanwhile half of Sydney FC's squad are going to get huge cap exemptions.

Redmayne & Janjetovic each getting a 20% cap exemption is ridiculous.

It seems to me that WSW is the only club who has a lot of home grown players who have the goods for the match day squad. Suman, Greenwood, Tass, Tate, Cordier, Monge, Agamem., Wilmering, Baccus - they are all going to further improve. We are way ahead of everyone else in that department, even though most other clubs had 7 years more to establish their youth works. I'll have that cap exemption over one for older players anytime. The old guard is being pushed out as it is.

We have several guys under the cap who played and performed overseas (Schwegler, Lopar, Ziegler, Duke, Yeboah, Georgievski) - that's not bad at all. JoD, Kamau, Elrich are at least good enough squaddies. It's key for Janjetovic, Nizic and Fitzgerald to find a new home and chew up cap space elsewhere. That'll free up the money to hire a sixth import once Ziegler is an Aussie.

Throw in a couple of quality imports as marquees, and a couple of above average Aussies and we'll be competitive. The rest will be up to the coaching group to sort.

2 hours ago, FCB said:

It seems to me that WSW is the only club who has a lot of home grown players who have the goods for the match day squad. Suman, Greenwood, Tass, Tate, Cordier, Monge, Agamem., Wilmering, Baccus - they are all going to further improve. We are way ahead of everyone else in that department, even though most other clubs had 7 years more to establish their youth works. I'll have that cap exemption over one for older players anytime. The old guard is being pushed out as it is.

We have several guys under the cap who played and performed overseas (Schwegler, Lopar, Ziegler, Duke, Yeboah, Georgievski) - that's not bad at all. JoD, Kamau, Elrich are at least good enough squaddies. It's key for Janjetovic, Nizic and Fitzgerald to find a new home and chew up cap space elsewhere. That'll free up the money to hire a sixth import once Ziegler is an Aussie.

Throw in a couple of quality imports as marquees, and a couple of above average Aussies and we'll be competitive. The rest will be up to the coaching group to sort.

#NoGrozosNoParty

Btw, delete Greenwood & Agamaneous from that probables list, neither will play above NPL level.

Mo Adam looks to have matured in last 12 months & is now displaying his potential as a striker. I expect he will reach a performance level above that of Scott, Majok & Roberts

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

#NoGrozosNoParty

Btw, delete Greenwood & Agamaneous from that probables list, neither will play above NPL level.

Mo Adam looks to have matured in last 12 months & is now displaying his potential as a striker. I expect he will reach a performance level above that of Scott, Majok & Roberts

Grozos, of course, how could I leave him out? :-).

So, nine sub-23 players who at least have the potential for HAL?

Add the nine that are already on contract (I don't count Janjetovic, Nizic, and Fitzgerald any longer).

Add another five senior players, plus an injury replacement for JoD.

That'll be the 20-odd players who are going to go back to Parra.

Posted (edited)

I have been hearing about #NoGrozosNoParty for 2 ****en years.

Where is the young lad? Injured? Keep hearing good **** but never seen him play. And if he did play last season. No impact since I didn't even noticed anything.

Edited by thefairy

57 minutes ago, thefairy said:

I have been hearing about #NoGrozosNoParty for 2 ****en years.

Where is the young lad? Injured? Keep hearing good **** but never seen him play. And if he did play last season. No impact since I didn't even noticed anything.

Did a Bridge this season and picked up three injuries. Season gone.

21 hours ago, randy81 said:

Sticky is a top bloke and great cartoonist. He isn't implying we've signed them. Just hoping we do.

If you get a chance, check out his wanderers cartoons. They are mint

Yeah thanks, figured that was the case. Saw a few of his cartoons on twitter, some awesome work there!