Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Just now, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

imagine a midfield of Baccus, Antonis, Schwegler, Jedinak and Grozos

Gotta say that Jedinak would be my biggest concern imho. Age and hard pitches would hurt him. Yes, he has enormous leadership potential, but if he can't remain on the pitch he'd be a liability. Even looking at his home appearances for the roos of late and he's walking early.

16 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Gotta say that Jedinak would be my biggest concern imho. Age and hard pitches would hurt him. Yes, he has enormous leadership potential, but if he can't remain on the pitch he'd be a liability. Even looking at his home appearances for the roos of late and he's walking early.

Put the beard in at CB

edit: damn quoted wrong post

rumour mill is warming up... Melbourne City are in for Ola as marquee... 

Edited by Frankos187
On 07/06/2019 at 6:54 PM, wswnick said:

Our continuous turnover has put us at a huge disadvantage

Sure that hasn’t helped but would have been nice to have these cap exemptions a few years ago when we had a few more 5+ year players at the club. SFC just lucky they’ve implemented it this year, just like they were able to take advantage of the loan rule last year.

52 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Sure that hasn’t helped but would have been nice to have these cap exemptions a few years ago when we had a few more 5+ year players at the club. SFC just lucky they’ve implemented it this year, just like they were able to take advantage of the loan rule last year.

We never had a player who made it into that category. 

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

These aren't new rules. They've just modified the exemption to be unlimited now (was 200k before). As FCB has said, we've never had a player that could fit it. Hamill and Sotirio would have been able to if we had kept them this season.

FFA moved to start of the deduction to counting in a players 4th year at the club from 5th (giving 4th year 15% deduction I think). Hamill got a discount last year and would have got a 25% discount this year I believe. Sotirio was in his 6th year with us last year and may have qualified for a youth deduction as well instead/on top of a 30% 7th year bonus.

Keanu Baccus would qualify for a 4th year deduction this year assuming his wage isn't exempted by the youth cap. Vedran gets a 4th year discount.

59 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:
Tim Glasscock @sokkahhooligans
MorBig news day in the #ALeague as Spanish winger Samu Garcia is expected to sign for Western Sydney Wanderers in the coming days. The 28 year old recently has played for Levante and Malaga. @FOXFOOTBALL
D8wg0-hVUAUyz7m.jpg

Yeah I know this guy has reported some pretty stupid rumours, but its a bit of a strange player to put as a rumour. May actually be true tbf. He looks very average though and may not really be that good. Plus we don't need more wingers. Maybe it is a dud rumour.

41 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yeah I know this guy has reported some pretty stupid rumours, but its a bit of a strange player to put as a rumour. May actually be true tbf. He looks very average though and may not really be that good. Plus we don't need more wingers. Maybe it is a dud rumour.

Absolutely a dud. Just look at the handle lol. The closest he's come to nailing a rumour is Mboop to Victory.

6 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Do you think that Babell our coach is wrong in selection.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic