mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Give Jedinak whatever he wants. Christ even if he did nothing all season he’d still be more imposing than the midget midfield we have currently...

He’s no Nick Fitzgerald 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

So what do we think - anything less than a top 4 finish next season will be a failure?

1 minute ago, LeeMarvin said:

So what do we think - anything less than a top 4 finish next season will be a failure?

Atm top 6 without a recognized striker and another DM.

Whatever happened to the striker from English Championship better than Smurf one?

23 hours ago, Davo said:

That and beard prowess.

Clearly the reason we are after him is his penalty taking. Imperious from the spot.

23 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Would have loved to be able to see him go beard to beard with Brosque!

Let’s keep scum bag brusque as far as we can from this forum :acute:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DeeDee said:

do people realize that Spira is held together by pva glue? I would never offer anything more then a 1 year deal to him till the day he retires. 

Stronger glue should be a condition of his contract

Edited by SomeGuy1977
Fat finger typing

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Atm top 6 without a recognized striker and another DM.

Whatever happened to the striker from English Championship better than Smurf one?

Still under contract until 30/06

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Clearly the reason we are after him is his penalty taking. Imperious from the spot.

That's all well and good,  but the pens need to be awarded first 

19 hours ago, sonar said:

Some of his efforts in the WC qualifiers left a lot to be desired. Not too sure if he would last a full season in the heat. Wait and see if we sign him I suppose.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/06/jh-aston-villas-mile-jedinak-ridiculed-on-twitter/

......"Jedinak was deployed in a customary deep-lying midfield role for Australia in their 2018 World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia.

Jedinak, whose domestic season with Aston Villa has been a hugely disappointing one so far, may have been hoping that the game at King Abdullah Sport City, Jeddah, would act as a perfect opportunity to find some much needed individual form and put his Championship toils behind him.

Stats from the match show that Mile Jedinak completed the game, took a total of 60 touches, had no shots on target, created a solitary chance for his teammates and was booked in the 23rd minute."............

So, a 'deep lying midfielder' records no shots on target and only creates ' one chance' for his team (whatever that means)... them stats aren't even close to being relevant to measuring performance in that role...

8 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Site being upgraded during a signing! :woah:

Dylan McGowan for 3 years. And apparently his brother heading to Sydney FC so derbies have got more interesting.

Great signing imo. His brother is only rumoured to go there as well as multiple other clubs that aren't us. Ryan could play RB, Dylan CB partnership with Ziegler and Georgevski LB. Would be a solid defence especially with Jedinak, Schwegler or Keanu dropping between the centre backs. 

Also Jason Davidson of Perth Glory is apparently heading to Korea.

6 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Great signing imo. His brother is only rumoured to go there as well as multiple other clubs that aren't us. Ryan could play RB, Dylan CB partnership with Ziegler and Georgevski LB. Would be a solid defence especially with Jedinak, Schwegler or Keanu dropping between the centre backs. 

I’d take both of them. Dylan is a great start, and we’ve got him for a good slab of time at a great age.

Well no one saw the Dylan signing coming so we could be in for the Ryan one as well.

Where did this come from?  Seems to be a very good signing but it sure seems to have been kept quiet!!   I wonder if we will play a back three - we have the capacity to do that and utilse Georgevski and whoever as wing backs, with more central attackers?

Posted (edited)

I'm guessing this signing would pretty much rule out a "Spira return".

Edited by Jefski
Correction

16 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I'm happy with Russell at RB. We could use the money elsewhere.

1 minute ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

Where did this come from?  Seems to be a very good signing but it sure seems to have been kept quiet!!   I wonder if we will play a back three - we have the capacity to do that and utilse Georgevski and whoever as wing backs, with more central attackers?

We only hear rumours when when the targets are based in Aussie land (Georgievski, Brattan, Mile). Apart from our blacktown boy, our new players boys have all been based in Europe until know, and they managed to keep a lid on the gossip that way. I'd say the club paid a transfer sum, I doubt the Danes would have let him go just because he is a nice guy.

6 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Well no one saw the Dylan signing coming so we could be in for the Ryan one as well.

Hah! I had him on my list of targets, there was no way that playing in a 2nd tier Danish club would be enough to satisfy his ambitions. The defence is sorted now, Ryan is not required. We are looking strong already. Now for another DM and a CF - and we still have both marquee spots open. Nice work, WSW officials and owners!

No more mediocrity. No more project players. No more imposters. No more frauds. No more bullshit.

1 minute ago, FCB said:

No more mediocrity. No more project players. No more imposters. No more frauds. No more bullshit.

Couldn't agree with that comment more, no more 'might be an ok signing'.

Keep hearing of a back 3 this season though so we're going to still need another CB to make that work...

31 minutes ago, wswnick said:

If we can fit him under the cap while still having room for the foreign marquee and hopefully another foreigner post Ziggy-citizenship then sure. He'll provide competition in the middle and probably start ahead of Russel at RB. Obviously if we play a back three we would want an experienced 4th CB as well.

We need a marquee striker obviously. That leaves fullback (on either side, Russell, Georgevski & Tarek aren't lock in first 11 players) and Baccus.

If we finally ditch Vedran and Nizic we should have more than enough cap room. Almost all of the younger players in squad aren't even included in the cap now.

1 minute ago, wswnick said:

Keep hearing of a back 3 this season though so we're going to still need another CB to make that work...

We have Zeigler, McGowan and Tass/Elrich.  Not sure what other younger boys we have who can add to the central defence.

Would probably expect that we might mix it up and be strategic about how we employ our defence - some teams 2 CB's and other 3 at the back - Babbel now has some experienced players in there and should be able to be more tactical.

18 minutes ago, FCB said:

I'd say the club paid a transfer sum, I doubt the Danes would have let him go just because he is a nice guy.

Vednsyssel got relegated. They finished 12th out of 14th and then (don't ask me to explain, I have no idea how it works) lost 2-1 in the Relegation Play-off Round 1, sacked their coach, then lost the Relegation Play-Off to a second division club 4-3 on aggregate (Dylan was a substitute in this game).

Since he only joined them in January, there was probably a relegation or coach change release clause or just the usual mutual terminations that happen when a team get relegated.

33 minutes ago, FCB said:

We only hear rumours when when the targets are based in Aussie land (Georgievski, Brattan, Mile). Apart from our blacktown boy, our new players boys have all been based in Europe until know, and they managed to keep a lid on the gossip that way. I'd say the club paid a transfer sum, I doubt the Danes would have let him go just because he is a nice guy.

Hah! I had him on my list of targets, there was no way that playing in a 2nd tier Danish club would be enough to satisfy his ambitions. The defence is sorted now, Ryan is not required. We are looking strong already. Now for another DM and a CF - and we still have both marquee spots open. Nice work, WSW officials and owners!

Highly doubt a fee was paid. Fees for cap players count to the cap restriction in full. Pretty much just pissing cap space up a wall

I think Mack is right about an exit clause

36 minutes ago, FCB said:

Any news on our supposed Championship ST?

49 minutes ago, FCB said:

No more shenanigans

14 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Fees for cap players count to the cap restriction in full.

I don't believe transfer fees are included in the cap but fees to sign a player on a loan are because those were used to loophole the salary cap.