Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

10 hours ago, hughsey said:

I don’t know why people are so keen on Spira. Granted, he is a great player but he’s one of those guys who will piss off overseas at even the slightest bit of interest.

Peaheart! If he breaks a shoelace, he's out for 2 weeks

7 minutes ago, Taurus said:

FFS, we have signed a bloke who has played 250+ games in Bundesliga & captained his team against Bayern & you want to select a bloke who is big hearted but not much else.

Please... 

So is the Jedi is signed?

Am I the only one who feels we should also get a rightback. If Georgevski plays leftback we have Elrich, Russel, Cordier. Elrich is probably on his last season or two and would be a good leader off the bench. Russel is good but not sure if he is good enough yet. His mistake vs Wellington is one example im worried of. We could also play Mcgowan at rightback if needed,

22 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Am I the only one who feels we should also get a rightback. If Georgevski plays leftback we have Elrich, Russel, Cordier. Elrich is probably on his last season or two and would be a good leader off the bench. Russel is good but not sure if he is good enough yet. His mistake vs Wellington is one example im worried of. We could also play Mcgowan at rightback if needed,

Kamau could play RWB. #JustSaying

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

FFS, we have signed a bloke who has played 250+ games in Bundesliga & captained his team against Bayern & you want to select a bloke who is big hearted but not much else.

Please... 

Foreigner who has signed for 1 year, as Captain !!!

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I wouldn't have the Jedi as captain either. But your answer to the question seemed to imply that we had signed the "beard"

Just a hypothetical comment 

3 hours ago, Jefski said:

Preferably Jedi.

If not, Duke or even McGowen

Edited 3 hours ago by Jefski 
We need a marquee striker

8 minutes ago, Taurus said:
11 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

we had signed the "beard"

Which question

The first one.

All the visa players look good and will work for MB. 

Hopefully Ziggy gets on the park for most of the season with an Aussie passport (bloody Dutton)

33 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

The first one.

All the visa players look good and will work for MB. 

Hopefully Ziggy gets on the park for most of the season with an Aussie passport (bloody Dutton)

I don't recall saying we signed a beard. Ok, carry on

What do people think of David Nugent as marquee CF?

I can imagine the WSW press release now: ‘...the experienced Premier League winner and England international has signed as our new marquee striker. Nugent said, “When I was at Leicester, Mark Schwarzer was always telling me about everything that the West had to offer, and it’s long been a dream of mine to [insert westie experience here - what do you reckon would persuade him?]”’

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/his-availability-on-a-free-transfer-may-also-suit-certain-championship-sides-recently-departed-derby-man-six-point-opinion/

34 minutes ago, RedBlackOle said:

I can imagine the WSW press release now: ‘...the experienced Premier League winner and England international has signed as our new marquee striker. Nugent said, “When I was at Leicester, Mark Schwarzer was always telling me about everything that the West had to offer, and it’s long been a dream of mine to [insert westie experience here - what do you reckon would persuade him?]”’

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/his-availability-on-a-free-transfer-may-also-suit-certain-championship-sides-recently-departed-derby-man-six-point-opinion/

The fact we won't get regular game time makes him option to move out here.

Still the others previously mentioned are younger and would suit MB better especially Frazier Campbell

7 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

I'd take Frazier Campbell or McGoldrick over Nugent. However, he could turn out to be another Keogh.

Did Keogh sign an extension at Perth?

Hi contract expires at the end of the month.

1 hour ago, RedBlackOle said:

Nah 69 on FIFA

Marquees should be at least 74+

2 hours ago, RedBlackOle said:

Would Nugent be a regular starter at another Championship side?

“It seems very unlikely."

No thanks

43 minutes ago, RedBlackOle said:

Haha sure. What are Campbell and McGoldrick? Schwegler was mid-70s IIRC...

Dave McGoldrick is 71

Fraizer Campbell is 70

Schwegler is 74...

To compare: Honda was 78, Toivonen was 76, Castro was 75, along with Ninkovic

Like if y'all wanna get players around 70 on FIFA they better be under the cap

There are guaranteed successful A-League strikers we should be looking at, unless this proposed Championship striker is an absolute gun.

If we’ve discussed Bobô recently, I don’t remember it.

Even at 34 and smurfy, I’d take him in a heartbeat. His 27 goals A-League season was absurd.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bobo/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/37944

In the same vein, surely Berisha can’t stay in Japan for long.

Babbel thinks the secret to the A-League is to get good Australians in and Berisha has citizenship (I think). It’s hard to look past him as striker unless you have a Bobô-standard marquee coming through the door. 

I still can’t stand him but that’s softened since he’d been away from the league. And if he’s going to score 13+ in red and black (like all seven other A-League seasons he’s played), I’m onboard. He’s under contract til Dec, but he’s not playing for Sanfrecce so could suit everyone for him to move.

Bit hard to stomach, but this is the way to get the guaranteed goals we need. The Berisha bonus is that we would still have another foreign (and possibly marquee) spot open if he’s Aussie and we could get him under cap. 

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic