mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

12 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

Red and black jersey, WHITE shorts and black socks ..... Elegance.

Bring it back in!

:golecapproves:

Black short devotee here.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

14 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/wanderers-not-ready-for-a-player-like-ribery-babbel-20190626-p521kp.html

This is concerning imo. This makes me believe we won't be signing a great marquee signing for this season.

This is not a concern, really, as much as we would have liked to see Ribery in red and black. Club had word from MLS that introducing a big star into an average team can create problems of its own. Because the big gap between him and the rest of the team is so big, too many of the players could be star struck, and MB suggested as much.

Initially the word was that Ribery is not motivated by money any longer. This does not appear to be the case now, and Qatar can easily offer an "unbelievable" amount of money. Well, good luck to him. Looking forward to a gritty CF being announced soon.

13 minutes ago, FCB said:

This is not a concern, really, as much as we would have liked to see Ribery in red and black. Club had word from MLS that introducing a big star into an average team can create problems of its own. Because the big gap between him and the rest of the team is so big, too many of the players could be star struck, and MB suggested as much.

Initially the word was that Ribery is not motivated by money any longer. This does not appear to be the case now, and Qatar can easily offer an "unbelievable" amount of money. Well, good luck to him. Looking forward to a gritty CF being announced soon.

I like the word "gritty". We need a bit of mongrel in the team, too many "nice guys" last year as mentioned by MB...

15 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I like the word "gritty". We need a bit of mongrel in the team, too many "nice guys" last year as mentioned by MB...

Gritty, yes but a55hole, no. That would hopefully rule Barisha out.

21 minutes ago, mack said:

Berisha scored a winning goal and still wanted to head down the tunnel for a fight with a Smurf. When Santa left we lost that kind of determination up front.

WSW have scored 275 goals in the A-League. Berisha on his own has 106.

We've also conceded 275 so our all time A-League goal difference is zero. 

Berisha is Australian and will at worst take one marquee spot and we need at least two strikers. The Ziggy citizenship issue could mean we don't even have a foreign player in negotiations for the second spot.

If Babbel thinks his fitness level is still good then I see little downside to signing him.

I have loved to hate Berisha since the first time I saw his arrogant face, but how many times has the above (highlighted) happened in the A-League? Way too many times to ignore, and too many times to us!

If he was doing it for us, I'd modify my feelings for him all the way up to ambivalent.

38 minutes ago, mack said:

If you add in the W-League and Y-League teams it becomes -57.

Nothing to do with Berisha, just interesting...

47 minutes ago, mack said:

Berisha scored a winning goal and still wanted to head down the tunnel for a fight with a Smurf. When Santa left we lost that kind of determination up front.

Berisha is Australian and will at worst take one marquee spot and we need at least two strikers. The Ziggy citizenship issue could mean we don't even have a foreign player in negotiations for the second spot.

If Babbel thinks his fitness level is still good then I see little downside to signing him.

Berisha is not what or who I had in mind for a CF, but there is no denying, he does (did?) score his goals at an impressive rate. We created so many chances last season, and did so little with it - he would have banged them in. Still, I won't do cartwheels should we sign him.

Posted (edited)

Berisha on the bench under the cap only as we need some backup strikers.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into that Okazaki article. Its TWG. They are always clickbait rubbish with no substance.

Edited by Erebus

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Berisha on the bench under the cap only as we need some backup strikers.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into that Okazaki article. Its TWG. They are always clickbait rubbish with no substance.

This

Berisha ain’t what he used to be but I’d be happy to see him play a santalab type role for us, get Berisha under the cap and the mystery championship striker 

gives us options to change games and play 2 up front 

i love Berisha’s crazy eyes, if he’d played for us season 4 we’d have won the league (see also season 2)

Edited by StringerBellend

Covic is currently turning in his grave if we are considering signing the Albanian Salesman

20 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Covic is currently turning in his grave if we are considering signing the Albanian Salesman

His post match interview with Lucy where always great

19 hours ago, Jefski said:

I don't know, could be the truth or possibly smoke and mirrors. 

Shame about Vedran being out till Jan isn't it :mellow:

Supposedly Okazaki knocked back a trial at the Nix.

28 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Where did you see this?

17 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Where did you see this?

On another forum from a Nix supporter.

3 minutes ago, Taurus said:

:crap:

Yep 

More like would you sign for us and he told them to p*** off

On 19/06/2019 at 7:54 PM, FCB said:

We don't here about transfer fees being paid because overseas players are usually too expensive, and so the HAL club owners don't do it. I am pretty sure that we paid a transfer fee to Mainz for Ruka. Both sides agreed to keep quiet on it.

I looked up transfermarkt and he was supposedly on loan so there must have been a loan fee.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

I looked up transfermarkt and he was supposedly on loan so there must have been a loan fee.

I can't figure it out. The web site of his old club has been silent on his departure, but they have removed his name from the official squad. The Danish media almost entirely is quiet as well. All I found was one link which states that, according to the WSW web site, the player has left. It's odd!

Anyway, he played his last game for them on June 2nd, and should be back in Australia some time next week.

12 hours ago, Paul01 said:

There was an article overnight that links him to Vissel Kobe on a pretty good offer, so I wouldn't have a lot of confidence getting him to Australia. Whatever is going to happen for us with a CF must surely come next week when contract terms expire. Just getting impatient.

7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

There is a rumour on the internet that we are getting Matt Simon 

i know I just put it there 

A lot of players and people would love to "get" Matt Simon...:ninja:

49 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

There is a rumour on the internet that we are getting Matt Simon 

i know I just put it there 

When he sees a red and black shirt he stomps on the wearer. That will be confusing for him if they are his team-mates.

Boy, Simon to WSW would be a shock to the system for everyone. I can picture Smurf FC supporters jumping off Harbour Bridge, CCM supporters of Mooney Mooney Bridge in despair. while WSW supporters block the entrance of Bankwest stadium.

Or the whole thing turns out to be a non event, as it did with Mitch Duke. At the time he was equally "energetic" when CCM were playing WSW. We just remember Simon more because he didn't go overseas but to the Smurfs. He is the player everyone loves to hate. Like Brattan and Santa he is in other players faces, constantly, relentlessly. He sure is the kind of guy that we haven't had enough of ever since La Rocca left. 

For sheer entertainment value, I almost hope it happens. Almost.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

When he sees a red and black shirt he stomps on the wearer. That will be confusing for him if they are his team-mates.

With Gillett gone, he won't get sent off.

You can be sent off for violent conduct against a teammate.

Edited by Paul01
Correction