Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

3 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Mario Mandzukic may be available now that Sarri has apparently come out and said he isn't in his plans....

No chance - if he wants to come to Asia, it'll be China - who were already offering 10-15m for a season or two. 

17 minutes ago, FCB said:

Australian Captain in League One, not exactly the golden generation is it? 

Southend Southend. We’re **** but we’re Beating you

“All the people, so many people,

They all say who’s that team in blue?

Southend...

southend!”

Milligan for whatever reason never for the big break in europe, I remember as a youngster Wenger actually had him at Arsenal for a week or something apparently he was close to signing. 

Also seems to be in the Troisi mode that the highest bidder always won good for the bank account but a career that didn’t reach the potential for mine. 

20 minutes ago, FCB said:

Milligan: topping up the retirement fund, going where the money is, milking it as long as he possibly can. And good luck to him. There comes a time when ambition as a pro has to be seen within the context of family life and a future beyond a playing career. 

Transition to coaching too.

21 minutes ago, FCB said:

Milligan: topping up the retirement fund, going where the money is, milking it as long as he possibly can. And good luck to him. There comes a time when ambition as a pro has to be seen within the context of family life and a future beyond a playing career. 

He would have to be announcing his retirement from International football surely.

I find it hard to believe though, that he couldn't still have done a job for some of the teams in the Championship.

The 32-year-old made 20 appearances last season with Western Sydney Wanderers and scored three goals in a disappointing season for the red and black team

“I’m very excited and very happy to sign for such a big club like Sydney FC,” Baumjohann said.

“I came to Australia last year not knowing a lot about Australian football. However, it didn’t take me long to see that Sydney FC is the biggest club in the country by far and in all aspects of the game.

“Sydney FC’s style of football fits well with my ability and I can see there are a lot of good quality players here as well.

“I believe we will continue with the same success as the club has had in recent years this season.”

11 minutes ago, mack said:

Doesn't want to move out of the CBD apartment. Lazy on and off the field.

He had an offer at Western United.

Often looked disinterested for us, and despite his stats I wasn't sad to see him go. Not much grace off the field either - should fit in at Muppet FC perfectly.

23 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

The 32-year-old made 20 appearances last season with Western Sydney Wanderers and scored three goals in a disappointing season for the red and black team

“I’m very excited and very happy to sign for such a big club like Sydney FC,” Baumjohann said.

“I came to Australia last year not knowing a lot about Australian football. However, it didn’t take me long to see that Sydney FC is the biggest club in the country by far and in all aspects of the game.

“Sydney FC’s style of football fits well with my ability and I can see there are a lot of good quality players here as well.

“I believe we will continue with the same success as the club has had in recent years this season.”

Some disgusting comments in there like lol What a turd.

Won't miss him.

Edited by Erimus
1 hour ago, Zakman said:

Knowing our luck (and track record for letting go potentially quality players to excel for other clubs), he will probably end up winning the Johnny Warren Medal next year!

Don’t recall us letting go  many quality players apart from O/S moves 

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic