Jump to content
mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Recommended Posts

Mario Mandzukic may be available now that Sarri has apparently come out and said he isn't in his plans....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

3 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Mario Mandzukic may be available now that Sarri has apparently come out and said he isn't in his plans....

No chance - if he wants to come to Asia, it'll be China - who were already offering 10-15m for a season or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taurus said:

Yes

Do you want to offer a name then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mario Balotelli confirmed

He will announce himself as the fresh Prince of Blacktown :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Do you want to offer a name then?

That would spoil all the fun & may not eventuate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Taurus said:

That would spoil all the fun & may not eventuate

Can we expect an announcement soon? This week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can probably strike Milligan off the list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least MB is getting fit doing double sessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FCB said:

Australian Captain in League One, not exactly the golden generation is it? 

Southend Southend. We’re **** but we’re Beating you

“All the people, so many people,

They all say who’s that team in blue?

Southend...

southend!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milligan for whatever reason never for the big break in europe, I remember as a youngster Wenger actually had him at Arsenal for a week or something apparently he was close to signing. 

Also seems to be in the Troisi mode that the highest bidder always won good for the bank account but a career that didn’t reach the potential for mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milligan: topping up the retirement fund, going where the money is, milking it as long as he possibly can. And good luck to him. There comes a time when ambition as a pro has to be seen within the context of family life and a future beyond a playing career. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FCB said:

Milligan: topping up the retirement fund, going where the money is, milking it as long as he possibly can. And good luck to him. There comes a time when ambition as a pro has to be seen within the context of family life and a future beyond a playing career. 

 

Transition to coaching too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FCB said:

Milligan: topping up the retirement fund, going where the money is, milking it as long as he possibly can. And good luck to him. There comes a time when ambition as a pro has to be seen within the context of family life and a future beyond a playing career. 

 

He would have to be announcing his retirement from International football surely.

I find it hard to believe though, that he couldn't still have done a job for some of the teams in the Championship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

So ABJ is now a Smurf? Hope he is as inconsistent for them as he was for us.

Knowing our luck (and track record for letting go potentially quality players to excel for other clubs), he will probably end up winning the Johnny Warren Medal next year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dodson said:

His wife probably made him do it for the sake of her instagram account

Doesn't want to move out of the CBD apartment. Lazy on and off the field.

He had an offer at Western United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 32-year-old made 20 appearances last season with Western Sydney Wanderers and scored three goals in a disappointing season for the red and black team

“I’m very excited and very happy to sign for such a big club like Sydney FC,” Baumjohann said.

“I came to Australia last year not knowing a lot about Australian football. However, it didn’t take me long to see that Sydney FC is the biggest club in the country by far and in all aspects of the game.

“Sydney FC’s style of football fits well with my ability and I can see there are a lot of good quality players here as well.

“I believe we will continue with the same success as the club has had in recent years this season.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mack said:

Doesn't want to move out of the CBD apartment. Lazy on and off the field.

He had an offer at Western United.

Often looked disinterested for us, and despite his stats I wasn't sad to see him go. Not much grace off the field either - should fit in at Muppet FC perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

The 32-year-old made 20 appearances last season with Western Sydney Wanderers and scored three goals in a disappointing season for the red and black team

“I’m very excited and very happy to sign for such a big club like Sydney FC,” Baumjohann said.

“I came to Australia last year not knowing a lot about Australian football. However, it didn’t take me long to see that Sydney FC is the biggest club in the country by far and in all aspects of the game.

“Sydney FC’s style of football fits well with my ability and I can see there are a lot of good quality players here as well.

“I believe we will continue with the same success as the club has had in recent years this season.”

Some disgusting comments in there like lol What a turd.

Won't miss him.

Edited by Erimus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah hardly very diplomatic. You'd think he would have a few nice words to say but maybe his relationship with MB has soured his feelings for the club too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Some disgusting comments in there like lol What a turd.

Won't miss him.

I expect he will be given a rapturous and euphoric reception when he visits Wanderand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zakman said:

Knowing our luck (and track record for letting go potentially quality players to excel for other clubs), he will probably end up winning the Johnny Warren Medal next year!

Don’t recall us letting go  many quality players apart from O/S moves 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ABJ sure to get a lot more free kicks next season as will be wearing the right colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...