Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

23 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

We can spend up to his wages on a replacement. From memory theres no restriciton on who we can replace him with position wise but they need to be aussie.

Can be foreign but would still count amongst the 5 you are allowed 

2 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

I am going to say Stturidge.  Why?  Just the vibe :)

I'd love this to be true but a 29yo, 6'2" International English striker would be hard to believe. If he was 33, well then maybe. I do hope you're right though.

23 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

I'd take Shinji O or how about Llorente which was just released by spurs though a little older then what i would like him to have been but could still rip it up here lol

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fernando-llorente/profil/spieler/35564

As an ex swan i would say yes in a heartbeat, his main strength is in the box, lob it in there he gets his head on it bloody deadly at headers.

Recently implied that he would like to finish his career off in Spain.

3 minutes ago, RedBlackOle said:

The power of the forum? Well, Taurus, with a bit of help from PaperSun

The world works in mysterious ways.

There must be more too it than a passing interest, if JD is prepared to put his name to an article 

40 minutes ago, wswnick said:

The media (and some of our fans still) thought Baumjohann was a marquee, even though club stated when he signed that he was inside the cap.

I take it a different way. I think he is saying because of Baumjohann's departure (I know he isn't a marquee) we only have one marquee spot available, which would indicate that one of our current players occupies a marquee spot which is a worry? Or maybe it means we have signed a marquee already and then Fraizer Campbell.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
29 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I take it a different way. I think he is saying because of Baumjohann's departure (I know he isn't a marquee) we only have one marquee spot available, which would indicate that one of our current players occupies a marquee spot which is a worry? Or maybe it means we have signed a marquee already and then Fraizer Campbell.

Maybe Baumjohann was actually a marquee. Don't think Majewski, Schwegler or Lopar are marquees so we should be fine

1 minute ago, TheWanderer said:

Maybe Baumjohann was actually a marquee. Don't think Majewski, Schwegler or Lopar are marquees so we should be fine

Yeah so by their article theyre saying that we had 2 (Baumjohann and someone else in our current squad???) Does this mean we do have a current marquee or have maybe signed one?

8 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yeah so by their article theyre saying that we had 2 (Baumjohann and someone else in our current squad???) Does this mean we do have a current marquee or have maybe signed one?

Shoddy journalism. We had two marquees in 17/18 (Riera and Cejudo from memory) and only had one last season (Riera). The thinking was the club were holding funds back until the new stadium was in play.

Let’s hope that’s the case.

Theoretically and heavily based off stats, Campbell should be a better player than Le Fondre

Campbell has had numerous seasons in the premier-league, often used as a bench player, but has high amounts of experience at the top level. Le Fondre had one season (back in 12/13), where he did do well, but got relegated.

Campbell consistently played at the top two levels of English football. Le Fondre had a career scattered across the top four tiers.

In his most recent season, Campbell scored 12 goals and 6 assists. Le Fondre in his season managed 7 goals and 2 assists.

Man, wouldn't I like to see Campbell in red and black

2 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Maybe poor journalism, might be that Schwegler is a marquee. 

You may be right, 250 games in the Bundesliga doesn't come cheap. Remember Cewhodo, he was ineffective & each goal cost us 500k+

2 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Theoretically and heavily based off stats, Campbell should be a better player than Le Fondre

Campbell has had numerous seasons in the premier-league, often used as a bench player, but has high amounts of experience at the top level. Le Fondre had one season (back in 12/13), where he did do well, but got relegated.

Campbell consistently played at the top two levels of English football. Le Fondre had a career scattered across the top four tiers.

In his most recent season, Campbell scored 12 goals and 6 assists. Le Fondre in his season managed 7 goals and 2 assists.

Man, wouldn't I like to see Campbell in red and black

Well, Campbell is 70 on FIFA and Le Fondre is 69 on FIFA...

15 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Well, Campbell is 70 on FIFA and Le Fondre is 69 on FIFA...

You work in finance, right? So surely you know that numbers without analysis are meaningless.

What you should do, is keep a record of all the FIFA scores of visa players when they arrive, how well they do, and their FIFA score when they leave. Perhaps even include their age, nationality, and other relevant details. Then these numbers could be put in context.

Otherwise they don't mean diddly.

(I should state that I do enjoy your FIFA posts. But it is weird when you claim, seemingly in all seriousness, that their scores will reflect how they’ll go)

Edited by btron3000
Clarification

Just been told by a person in Turkey that Serdar Tasci is rumoured to come to the Wanderers. Apparently there was something about it in the Turkish newspaper. They talked about how he could link up with his old coach "Markus Babbel" and we are trying to sign him. Apparently his keen to either go to us or the MLS. Hopefully Babbel has the pulling power to get him Ziegler gets hit citizenship. He would be a great defensive signing and could set us up nicely going into the season.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
47 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Just been told by a person in Turkey that Serdar Tasci is rumoured to come to the Wanderers. Apparently there was something about it in the Turkish newspaper. They talked about how he could link up with his old coach "Markus Babbel" and we are trying to sign him. Apparently his keen to either go to us or the MLS. Hopefully Babbel has the pulling power to get him Ziegler gets hit citizenship. He would be a great defensive signing and could set us up nicely going into the season.

Link to the Turkish newspaper site? I think you talked up a Tasci link around 6 mths ago - and it does make some sense given the Babbel connection - but I’d like to see the sauce.

8 minutes ago, RedBlackOle said:

Link to the Turkish newspaper site? I think you talked up a Tasci link around 6 mths ago - and it does make some sense given the Babbel connection - but I’d like to see the sauce.

Yeah I talked it up half way through last season. Back then it was kinda a want signing. Now it could become reality. Im tryna find out from this Turkish bloke what newspaper it was.

2 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yeah I talked it up half way through last season. Back then it was kinda a want signing. Now it could become reality. Im tryna find out from this Turkish bloke what newspaper it was.

Good stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love it to happen.

A spine of Campbell, Raddy, Schwegler, Ziegler, Tasci and Lopar - plus Duke, Yeboah etc - would get everyone very excited.

3 minutes ago, RedBlackOle said:

Good stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love it to happen.

A spine of Campbell, Raddy, Schwegler, Ziegler, Tasci and Lopar - plus Duke, Yeboah etc - would get everyone very excited.

Also been told Spira is leaving Glory for overseas. Im now waiting for a reply from this Turkish bloke btw.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic