mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

45 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Brattan to Sydney all but done. Means we either needs the like of Mile or we seriously need Ziggy to get his papers sorted.

Go to the Bay 49 Wanderers twitter (Can't link it cause i'm in China). They have said that we will be announcing a "few" decent signings this week. I was told that we were making a move for Jedi about a month ago. 3 people actually messaged me saying we might have signed Bobo (don't believe this is true and would't be happy with this signing tbh). 

Also the newspaper for the Serdar Tasci rumour is called Fanatik. Go and search!

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

30 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Go to the Bay 49 Wanderers twitter (Can't link it cause i'm in China). They have said that we will be announcing a "few" decent signings this week. I was told that we were making a move for Jedi about a month ago. 3 people actually messaged me saying we might have signed Bobo (don't believe this is true and would't be happy with this signing tbh). 

Also the newspaper for the Serdar Tasci rumour is called Fanatik. Go and search!

If Nobo scores the same amount of goals he did for the other lot then, I’m all in

thats said I actually think reira is a better player

If we did get him, the “I always thought LeFondre was better” posts from the sky blue kopites are likely to bring Facebook down 

Chasing Campbell is a clear indication that we are serious about securing a visa #9, who can win us a title. Fingers crossed he decides to bring his family down under.

If we don't secure him, but happen to jag a swede for instance, then I won't be disappointed, as he would realistically be a good plan A anyway.

Even further down the list of potential targets is a Uruguyan, who was offered to the club this week & is a better than any striker we've previously brought to the club, so whomever we sign, will be quality. 

21 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Chasing Campbell is a clear indication that we are serious about securing a visa #9, who can win us a title. Fingers crossed he decides to bring his family down under.

If we don't secure him, but happen to jag a swede for instance, then I won't be disappointed, as he would realistically be a good plan A anyway.

Even further down the list of potential targets is a Uruguyan, who was offered to the club this week & is a better than any striker we've previously brought to the club, so whomever we sign, will be quality. 

This news is excellent.

Hopefully Campbell will say yes.

Ziggy gets his passport and then we can get a decent winger.

I like the fact that we will have used our imports from front to back (#9, rado, Schwegler, lopar) rather than loading the forward line with all imports as some clubs have done.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Is that Abel Hernandez??? He played for one of the teams in Russia and used to play for Hull City as well. Someone told me this week we might be signing him

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Haha, It appears every name that is mentioned in this thread is linked to WSW on other sm platforms. Gullible peeps

Jzu3CYXh_bigger.jpgA-League Transfer Hub @AleagueHub
FollowingFollowing @AleagueHub
More

German centre-back Serdar Tasci has been linked with a move to the Western Sydney Wanderers, after a Turkish newspaper claimed that the 32-year-old, who’s last club was Spartak Moscow, has emerged as a target for Markus Babbel [Fanatik]

Patiently waiting for @WHACKO  to cast some more bait, in the direction of the clickbait merchants

Yep they also swallowed this one, hook, line & sinker

More

Western Sydney Wanderers are set to unveil their marquee striker next Tuesday night at the club’s member forum [@RichardHSport]

8:07 PM - 3 Jul 2019

26 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Patiently waiting for @WHACKO  to cast some more bait, in the direction of the clickbait merchants

Yep they also swallowed this one, hook, line & sinker

More

Western Sydney Wanderers are set to unveil their marquee striker next Tuesday night at the club’s member forum [@RichardHSport]

8:07 PM - 3 Jul 2019

I know who runs that page. They asked me about Serdar Tasci and I said it was unlikely considering we only have 1 visa spot (unless Ziegler gets citizenship). And i'm also guessing announcements of a marquee on Tuesday aren't real. 

What about Bay 49 Wanderers tweet saying we were going to unveil a few decent signings the coming week?

47 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I know who runs that page. They asked me about Serdar Tasci and I said it was unlikely considering we only have 1 visa spot (unless Ziegler gets citizenship). And i'm also guessing announcements of a marquee on Tuesday aren't real. 

What about Bay 49 Wanderers tweet saying we were going to unveil a few decent signings the coming week?

As of late last week, we had nothing new to announce on the signing front. 

Everything else you say is entirely possible

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

His asking price should fall within our budget

Of course it would, he can't score goals. 

Queue for Brattan to say "the biggest club in Australia" quote to the media sometime this week after Sydney FC announce his signing. :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Is that Abel Hernandez???

Not if he dives and rolls around on the ground to milk penalties like Fallaroli.  To my mind that would not be consistent with the character of our club.  Realistically though, is he affordable?

Posted (edited)

This line from The World Game article is my favourite:

"Sydney FC’s frenzied recruitment drive looks set to continue with free agent Luke Brattan poised to swell the Sly Blues’ roster and former Socceroo Paul Reid ready to come on board in a dual role as assistant coach and director of football."

Seems pretty apt with the way their salary cap is looking this season....

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/sydney-fc-ready-to-bag-brattan-with-reid-joining-coaching-ranks

Edited by SteveB

"...Luke Brattan poised to swell the Sky Blue roster..."

:(:(:(:(:(

:angrycovic:

:(:(:(:(:(

Well that's just ruined my day.

9 minutes ago, SteveB said:

This line from The World Game article is my favourite:

"Sydney FC’s frenzied recruitment drive looks set to continue with free agent Luke Brattan poised to swell the Sly Blues’ roster and former Socceroo Paul Reid ready to come on board in a dual role as assistant coach and director of football."

Seems pretty apt with the way their salary cap is looking this season....

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/sydney-fc-ready-to-bag-brattan-with-reid-joining-coaching-ranks

In a way I'm glad. It means I won't be conflicted about my opinion on Brattan.

2 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Exactly, for a bit there I was thinking he’d be good for us. Now I can safely go back to my original opinion that he is a nob

Mini Baccus is where it’s at anyway 

5 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

That's true, so much for their much talked about no d*ckhead policy ;)

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Exactly, for a bit there I was thinking he’d be good for us. Now I can safely go back to my original opinion that he is a nob

Mini Baccus is where it’s at anyway 

I wonder if Brattan will stomp on ABJ just out of habit?

3 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Won't make me conflicted about Brattan...but that's already making me conflicted about our club.

From my current point of fairly solid apathy and disappointment as it stands now, it seems like  we're going to be third rate compared to them.

Babbel had better be this miracle worker that I doubt he is...or else we'll be eating their dust yet again this season.

:angry::angry:

:cry:

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

Won't make me conflicted about Brattan...but that's already making me conflicted about our club.

From my current point of fairly solid apathy and disappointment as it stands now, it seems like  we're going to be third rate compared to them.

Babbel had better be this miracle worker that I doubt he is...or else we'll be eating their dust yet again this season.

:angry::angry:

:cry:

I like the look of the ones we've recruited so far. A sharp 9, Aussie pat fit, and one more miserly CB and we're looking far better on paper than the last couple of years.