mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

8 minutes ago, papersun said:

Do we have anyone else lined up though?

I don't know either way. But, given what the club has managed so far with the playing roster and everything else as evidenced by Saturday night, I have high hopes.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Kruse will spend most of his time breaking down rather than breaking play, a harden championship player should do well in our league 

12 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Say what you want about Kruse but Kruse is 72 on FIFA

"Fraizer Campbell" is only 70

I'd rather Kruse :xnod:

I'd rather food poisoning if it's down to a case of lesser of two reasons to be unhappy - it's a lot less than a whole season of feeling that way. Lots of people love him, but I have a personal dislike of his style - I'm probably wrong, but I can live with him going south.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Nabbout or Cruise is a better choice than nobody as it is shaping up to be :(  

It’s only July

1 hour ago, wswnick said:

Nabbout to Victory, wouldn't have minded him...

dec last year 

when asked about a potential return to Newcastle?

“One day, I’ll be back. I told Lawrie that if I come back to the A-League, it’s his door that I’m going to be knocking on first,” Nabbout said, with a smile.

“Newcastle is a home to me, they gave me an opportunity to come back and a platform to succeed. I gave Lawrie my word that if the time was right, I was ready to come back, I’d be more than happy to come back here.”

footballers eh?

Posted (edited)

and we will still be talking about it in October

Edited by Keithie

Yeah there are a lot of fairly annoyed Jets fans online and they have a point to be fair.

Imagine a player that has been discarded by Victory before being sacked mid season from a Malaysian club. They pick him up and turn him into a player who is being chased by big Asian clubs and selected for the Socceroos to play in a World Cup.

Then after all that he goes back to Victory...

17 minutes ago, Davo said:

Yeah there are a lot of fairly annoyed Jets fans online and they have a point to be fair.

Imagine a player that has been discarded by Victory before being sacked mid season from a Malaysian club. They pick him up and turn him into a player who is being chased by big Asian clubs and selected for the Socceroos to play in a World Cup.

Then after all that he goes back to Victory...

Do we know if the Jets had a place for him if he wanted?  If so and he still went to Victory, yeah says a lot about the character of the player.

21 minutes ago, IAmFalzon said:

Looks like Oriol has found a club..

Good on him.  I thought he was great despite the disappointing performance for us last season.  I will always remember the video on the club website of he and Llorente singing the Macarena together.

Posted (edited)

Cross Frazier Campbell on your lists.

didn't publish this line, but Babbel told me last week WSW sounded out Frazier Campbell but he wasn't interested https://twitter.com/Jon_T1996/status/1154202251524599814 

Edited by Stokz

I'm sure the club are trying but it's not an easy sell based on the money we can offer. It really needs someone who wants to come for the experience because we (HAL) would be one of the lowest payers for sure. Plus there is very little known of the A-League overseas. It's a hard sell, I bet we get more knock-backs than anything

10 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

I'm sure the club are trying but it's not an easy sell based on the money we can offer. It really needs someone who wants to come for the experience because we (HAL) would be one of the lowest payers for sure. Plus there is very little known of the A-League overseas. It's a hard sell, I bet we get more knock-backs than anything

Yep, news is Okazaki is signing for Malaga, 2nd tier in spain, rather than us. (he's having medical today) :-(

He'll be playing against Riera.....

21 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

If the foreign player is coming in under the cap then agree. But for the two marquees spots available, it isn't about the money clubs CAN offer, its about the money clubs are WILLING to offer. Very big difference. 

🔥How good is this🔥

The countdown begins to our friendly match with Hyundai A-Leaguegiants Western Sydney Wanderers FC TOMORROW KNIGHT!

Gold Coast Croatian Sports Centre Inc.
Football Gold Coast
Football Queensland

KAMAN KNIGHTS
🇦🇺🔥⚔️🇭🇷

Image may contain: grass and outdoor
No photo description available.

38 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

It really needs someone who wants to come for the experience

Hopefully if players watch a video of the Leeds game and see the stadium and the vibe that was generated it would help market the club to them.

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

If the foreign player is coming in under the cap then agree. But for the two marquees spots available, it isn't about the money clubs CAN offer, its about the money clubs are WILLING to offer. Very big difference. 

There is still Can, a leagues don’t have the money, you can’t spend what you don’t have.

Unless the club announces more decent new signings, I can't help but have the feeling that this the squad we have now is mid-table at best when compared to other teams even the new Western United. I foresee another season of "Boys tried hard but couldn't over line" "too many missed opportunities" "the young guys did well but outclassed" - we don't deserve this after the last few seasons of hell! I am not willing to throw in the towel yet given the fact that there are another two and a half months until the start of the season and there may be new signings. It's just frustrating when you wait for headlines about your club signing a quality player and only hearing about the usual suspects, Victory, SFC, City picking up all the available quality. I just hope this post is just a case of me panicking too early and that even if we don't sign anyone else, this side does turn out to have a successful season. It's just the way I am feeling at this time and I know I am not alone!

7 minutes ago, Zakman said:

Unless the club announces more decent new signings, I can't help but have the feeling that this the squad we have now is mid-table at best when compared to other teams even the new Western United. I foresee another season of "Boys tried hard but couldn't over line" "too many missed opportunities" "the young guys did well but outclassed" - we don't deserve this after the last few seasons of hell! I am not willing to throw in the towel yet given the fact that there are another two and a half months until the start of the season and there may be new signings. It's just frustrating when you wait for headlines about your club signing a quality player and only hearing about the usual suspects, Victory, SFC, City picking up all the available quality. I just hope this post is just a case of me panicking too early and that even if we don't sign anyone else, this side does turn out to have a successful season. It's just the way I am feeling at this time and I know I am not alone!

Where I understand your frustration, I feel a bit bolstered by our recent showing against Leeds. I think the current mix of 1st team and juniors has us in a very competitive position already, and a few calculated signings would elevate us further. I don't think we'll attract big names, but a few shrewd signings that have a lot of experience and have the right mindset when needed is where it's at.

Not sure what our recruitment policy is but if we want to start challenging again we need to be ruthless in bringing in players. Not sure why other clubs can bring in strikers under the cap who churn out 15+ goals a season but we cant. FWIW i think we'll bring in a visa striker at the earliest after the UK transfer window closes. 

If that's true and we were offered Abel Hernandez for marquee, that is a promising sign.. I wonder if there is a deal in the works or not for him??

4 hours ago, MadKaw said:

Yep, news is Okazaki is signing for Malaga, 2nd tier in spain, rather than us. (he's having medical today) :-(

He'll be playing against Riera.....

He wanted to play in a physically less demanding league, where he didn't have to run that much. Sounds like pre retirement to me for a player of his class. Not what we need.