mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

15 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

Remember the Antonis injury at the scg due to the poor surface.. Wasn't as bad. 

The Antonis incident never looked like being an ACL though. They are usually a very specific mechanism. Hopefully Dukes is more like Terry’s 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

There’s a lot of research and evidence that shows Australia is possibly too trigger happy with ACL repair surgery. Where we refer up to 95% of ruptures, some parts of Europe and the rest of the world only refer 50% of cases. There’s a few case studies of EPL players playing long and successful careers without an intact ACL, one of whom didn’t have one in either knee! 

There’s a bit of useless info for you on this Friday arvo haha

We have players playing without a brain though

7 hours ago, teddies said:

Bulut. 

Hell yes.

Only person in the whole of Western Sydney could both score against Leeds and take their banners after full time.

1 minute ago, hawks2767 said:

Hell yes.

Only person in the whole of Western Sydney could both score against Leeds and take their banners after full time.

And then get arrested at McDonalds later in the evening.

3 hours ago, SteveB said:

Guess we'll find out tomorrow :cry:

Well........bugger!

A small mercy perhaps but if it was going to happen now is the best time and not mid season as arrangements and a replacement can be put in place now with the transfer window still open. Hope Duke is not out for the season. The guy puts in. We need more of it.

Didn't realise he did his ACL while in Japan in 2016. Same knee apparently

So who do we get as an injury replacement if needed?   

There doesn't seem to be many options available, possibly Fabio Ferreira, Nathan Burns has gone downhill over the last season or two.

Any other ideas?

1 hour ago, Themumf said:

Would take Berisha as cover in a heartbeat. And yes, fully aware he is a grub.

He struggled in his last season at victory and I don't think he really got much time overseas. So I don't see how we could use him other than an off the bench Santalab role

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

I've always rated Taggart & I hear he is doing ok lately

Doing too well to come back

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taurus said:

Taggart is killing it in Korea. Won't be back anytime soon I wouldn't believe. However, if take him in a heart beat if the opportunity arises.

I just saw he scored against Juventus this morning.

Edited by octa9ona11

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Phew!

Ditto.........:D

2 hours ago, Taurus said:

Is this a veiled hint from one in the know?

Big relief for Duke!

Typical journos generalising injuries though. ACL and syndesmosis are the only things they know of and just assume that everyone has done that as soon as a player is injured lol

3 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Such a nice change to have injury updates form the club 

remember under popa player would go missing 2 months he would snicker at anyone who dare ask him

Indeed. Popovic treated the media with contempt, something he barely contains. He'd be asked a question, and he'd give an answer without actually answering the question. In contrast, when Rugari spoke to Babbel about Campbell, he casually is being told that the player rejected our offer. The transparency is refreshing!

26 minutes ago, mack said:

Popa was getting asked questions by Bossi, Adno and Smithies most of the time and they were always looking for the anti-WSW angle. Why wouldn't you treat them with contempt?

It works both ways.

One could argue that they felt the contempt, had a reaction to his ongoing evasive answers, and they responded accordingly. Guys like Babbel and Kurz are used to the media circus, they are thick skinned. As Europeans they aren't buddies (or enemies) with anyone in the media because they played football with someone 20 years ago. Despite of that, or maybe because of it, they are respectful towards the journos, and in return they are treated with respect.

On 25/07/2019 at 8:49 PM, papersun said:

Final score apparently  5-0 to Wanderers.

Nichols is with GK Knights these days. Regardless of if he was just an onlooker, or played: apart from the colors he would not have recognized anyone or anything. Two years is a long time in the HAL, apparently.

Meh, I couldn’t care less what our coach does or doesn’t say to the media. Granted, Babbel is a bit more entertaining, but it’s understandable that some coaches like to keep their cards close to their chest. What they say to the media is of little interest.

The exception being when they use the media for motivation, which Babbel did successfully last year. That’s all that matters really - whether their interaction with the media helping or hindering the team. popa was clearly in the group that only criticises privately. That’s cool. As is Babbel’s method. What’s important is winning. Popa did that. Babbel hopefully will this year.

Andy Keogh is supposedly getting "the treatment" at perth 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dodson said:

Andy Keogh is supposedly getting "the treatment" at perth 

Popa doesn’t like strikers who score goals

i wouldn’t want him here he has **** hair  

Edited by StringerBellend