mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

On 26/07/2019 at 4:44 PM, hughsey said:

There’s a lot of research and evidence that shows Australia is possibly too trigger happy with ACL repair surgery. Where we refer up to 95% of ruptures, some parts of Europe and the rest of the world only refer 50% of cases. There’s a few case studies of EPL players playing long and successful careers without an intact ACL, one of whom didn’t have one in either knee! 

There’s a bit of useless info for you on this Friday arvo haha

I played the last 3 seasons of my career without an ACL in either knee, and 5 years on one. Just wore knee braces. Funnily enough it was groin tears that did it for me! Go figure. 

12 hours ago, 1988banana said:

Big striker just landed in Oz🙊

Ah the mercurial 1988banana with another cryptic comment....

Birighitti being released by City and looks like he's heading to Mariners. Damn

1 minute ago, wswnick said:

Birighitti being released by City and looks like he's heading to Mariners. Damn

I was told he was going to SFC about 2 weeks ago.

On 26/07/2019 at 4:44 PM, hughsey said:

There’s a lot of research and evidence that shows Australia is possibly too trigger happy with ACL repair surgery. Where we refer up to 95% of ruptures, some parts of Europe and the rest of the world only refer 50% of cases. There’s a few case studies of EPL players playing long and successful careers without an intact ACL, one of whom didn’t have one in either knee! 

It’s interesting, I think that we are trigger happy when it comes to those patients who suffer an ACL but have a low to moderate activity level. With these people, usually rehabilitation works but they may need surgery further down the line.

For professsional athletes where knee stability is pivotal, you can’t afford for your knee to collapse onto itself not to mention the long term complications on the rest of your knee (think cartilage, bone grinding on bone etc)

Got a mate of mine, into his 50’s playing football (AA level) without an ACL for 10-15 years now, said that it’s agony for him after matches. The whole thing is far too screwed up to have surgery & he is going to have big problems down the line.

19 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Got a mate of mine, into his 50’s playing football (AA level) without an ACL for 10-15 years now, said that it’s agony for him after matches. The whole thing is far too screwed up to have surgery & he is going to have big problems down the line.

That sounds like big problems right now :S

45 minutes ago, mack said:

That sounds like big problems right now :S

Haha!! He is only with us for a few years, who cares if he needs a walking frame when he is 50 :lol:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, octa9ona11 said:

Off to CCM I hear. I would have been happy with him and use the foreign spot on an outfield player!

Yeah, heavily rumored to join Mariners. It makes sense since they only have Adam Pearce as their goalkeeper at the momment.

I going to assume Mombaerts told him  Bouzanis is going to be City's 1st choice keeper so Birighitti told him see ya later.

I just thought he could of been an ideal choice as a injury replacement for Janjetnovic OR Nizic goes to City and we get Birighitti and pay the differences.

Edited by MathyouWSW
Typo error

Friendly tomorrow right in Parklea.

Yep, hopefully club provide updates, if not, I'll provide a summary later

Game will be played during business hours

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6298353/champness-set-to-jet-in-with-new-rap-single/

Extract -

The pair are expected to be deployed in similar roles in a friendly against Western Sydney Wanderers behind closed doors at Parklea on Wednesday.

The hit out will be used as a dress rehearsal for the Jets' FA Cup round of 32 clash with Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park on August 7.

Lewis Italiano is likely to be in goals on Wednesday after returning on Sunday from a playing stint for Balcatta FC in his home town Perth. While in Perth, Italiano's wife, Tiffani, gave birth to their first child.

Regular shot-stopper Glen Moss is being hindered by bruising on his foot. He sat out the Edgeworth game but is expected to be fit for the FFA Cup.

Import Abdiel Arroyo will have a final series of tests, an echocardiogram on his heart, on Tuesday.

The Panamanian striker won't feature against Wanderers but, baring a setback, will be in the squad to travel to Melbourne.

The Jets are yet to replace Ivan Vujica, who was released to join new Melbourne club Western United.

Coach Ernie Merrick's preference is for an attacking player.

The Jets inquired about Andy Keogh, who has reportedly been frozen out at Perth Glory despite the striker having signed a one-year extension, but the Irishman appears likely to stay in the west.

The 33-year-old former international knocked back an approach from Adelaide United in the off-season and according to sources is reluctant to move from Perth, where a number of his family have migrated.

Perth are understood to be happy for Keogh to depart but do not intend to pay him out or do any deals with other clubs that involve the Glory cover some of his wage.

The Jets budget has been cut and they have limited money available in the $3.1 million salary cap to spend.

Great, lot's of information about other teams recruitment but no news on the home front. I need a WSW signing rumour fix. Actual signing news would be better. :crazy:

Yeah pre-Lopar I'd be cursing the Mariners but after the 1 game we saw I think it's safe to say Lopar is one hell of an exciting signing.

55 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Would still prefer the extra visa slot

Only if we would have used it.

1 hour ago, wswnick said:

Would still prefer the extra visa slot

It’s academic now. We have a very solid 1 year stop gap fixing our biggest issue from last year - dumb goals. If it turns out he’s worth the spot, we can extend.

And I think we look at this issue slightly the wrong way. We shouldn’t see it as a wasted spot. We should be bringing foreigners in to turn our shitty aspects into strengths. We scored plenty and now we have a full season with duke and Yeboah in the wings as well as a proper midfield. At the same time we leaked goals like mad, why on earth would we not use a valuable visa spot in goals.

2 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Only if we would have used it.

We've always used 5

all we need is a striker , shame Keogh wont move but then again we don't want to hold the offside record next season. It will also be shame if we don't fill the striker role, a lot of good recruiting has filled the gaps from last season and it may all go to waste if we can't score goals. 

And that would be sad :(

23 minutes ago, wswnick said:

We've always used 5

Mis-used them most years, unfortunately, which has been the single biggest issue in the last five years. Saba and Adeleke in S3, Pio in S4, Bruno Borda Jumpei Dimas in S5 (Jeez, just how bad was that?), S6 Jumpei still plus Cejudo, S7 all imports at some stage either out of form or injured.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Mis-used them most years, unfortunately, which has been the single biggest issue in the last five years. Saba and Adeleke in S3, Pio in S4, Bruno Borda Jumpei Dimas in S5 (Jeez, just how bad was that?), S6 Jumpei still plus Cejudo, S7 all imports at some stage either out of form or injured.

I share your misgivings with all of those you have named, but I still grieve at the fact that we weren't able to see what Saba was truly capable of.

27 minutes ago, Harv said:

I share your misgivings with all of those you have named, but I still grieve at the fact that we weren't able to see what Saba was truly capable of.

He never applied himself. If he put half the effort that Shannon cole did he’d have been a star but he couldn’t be bothered.

Wasted his talent not just with us 

3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He never applied himself. If he put half the effort that Shannon cole did he’d have been a star but he couldn’t be bothered.

Wasted his talent not just with us 

Majewski will outshine him.

5 hours ago, Harv said:

Hard to perform, when you don't put an effort in at training.