Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

15 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

Another 'captain'. 34 games in Super Lig, 15 goals. Dont know his FIFA rating.... :xnod:

48 minutes ago, dcrow said:

From a translation app

SUPER League 2019-2020 season, prepared for the assertive captain Mehmet Akyüz Yukatel Denizlispor'un aspired from Australia. For the experienced scorer, the Western Sydney Wanderers club knocked on the green-black door. Denizlispor'a reportedly waiting for the response of the Australian team forward to the official proposal, the staff of Mehmet Akyüz'e 1 million euros in exchange for a testimony was claimed to ask. Experienced footballer plans to bring a different dimension to his career and looks hot to go to Australia was emphasized. Denizlispor'a 33-year-old striker from the circuit of the 2017-2018 season, 12 games in the first year scored 12 goals. Last season, Mehmet played for all 34 league games and became one of the chief architects of the championship that shook the nets 15 times. The most active club of the external transfer Denizlispor'un last wearing midfielder Kayserispor uniform Şamil Çinaz'la allegedly interested. The proposal was made to Şamil and the response was recorded. On the other hand, Denizlispor'un stop the Rizespor'un Çaykur Oguz Yilmaz announced that the suitor.

51 minutes ago, dcrow said:

To think we have gone from Okazaki and Campbell to this is very disappointing and worrying. Honestly we should be looking for defenders if anything. And plus what happened to that signing the Lederer said was happening ‘very soon’.

From the article

footballer plans to bring a different dimension to his career and looks hot to go to Australia was emphasized.

Okazaki said no and went to Malaga because he wants to stay in Europe.

Campbell said no, probably because of family.

Remember, Babbel said he only wants players who want to play for us. Therefore, Okazaki and Campbell,  despite being quality players, do not meet Babbel's criteria. This Turkish guy wants to come, has scored goals or assisted others score goals and Lederer wants to pay, then let him come.

Just compared him and Bobo (currently without a club). Bobo would be a better option though

Edited by Paul01
Added info
50 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Speaking of defenders...it was recently announced that James Meredith has been released from Millwall.

Won't be Perth. Melb Victory perhaps.

According to transfermarkt......our current visa players.....

- Schwegler is worth €1,000,000

- Majewski is worth €450,000

- Lopar is worth €350,000

- Ziegler is worth €350,000

Okazaki is worth €4m and Campbell €2m.

For comparison, this Turkish fella is worth €300,000.

If we're shopping in that price range, Schwegler and Majewski are our marquee signings and we've got no money left to spend.

There is no way that the club will pay a transfer sum of 1 million Euro. Doesn't sound like his club will let him go, so this transfer seems to be on the death bed.

On reflection, it brings back haunting memories from S5, when we talked Cole and Jones and a bunch of south Americans, signed Bulut instead, and ended up playing santa up front. 

1 minute ago, deanvass said:

could be a Bridge situation where is "injured - 2 weeks" for 3/4 of the season. Hopefully not tho...

I think they're just being cautious. He came back too early last season and did more damage. As far as I know he is training...so......wait and see I guess.

9 minutes ago, sonar said:

I think they're just being cautious. He came back too early last season and did more damage. As far as I know he is training...so......wait and see I guess.

A friend of mine went to a physiotherapist who said she (maybe he) had worked at WSW and that the medical staff there where very inexperienced and treatment for player injuries was incorrect and it was a factor in players taking so long fo recover, in particular for a German guy (I assume Ziegler although could have been abj) 

How accurate this I don’t know, but hopefully club are working on this 

2 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Didn't we get rid of a couple of staff after the Zig misdiagnosis? All info so far has been they don't want to risk him in games before rd1 to ensure he is 100+% 

That would check with the thing I heard then 

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic