Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

6 minutes ago, Taurus said:

If you require further evidence, take a look at the position heat map on his player profile. 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/riccardo-montolivo/profil/spieler/19446

You're always welcome to seek a 2nd opinion or phone a friend 

Yeah I noticed straight after that he said "strengthen our attack" (which I didn't read) despite him usually being a defensive midfielder and therefore not being an attacking player. So overall it was a p*** take of Bossi and other newspaper/websites that spread fake rumours with no factual evidence. Happy now? :meep: 

27 minutes ago, iamwesternsydney said:

These guys are still availableLINE-UP-Free-Agent-XI-Updated.jpg?w=1240

Alves has gone to Sao Paulo I think. Not like we were going to get him anyway.

Obviously we need a striker (marquee). I reckon we should/are signing Ferreira as a backup. 

I’d say we also need a marquee centreback as well as a rightback as it looks like Kamau may be our RWB which is risky.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Alves has gone to Sao Paulo I think. Not like we were going to get him anyway.

Obviously we need a striker (marquee). I reckon we should/are signing Ferreira as a backup. 

I’d say we also need a marquee centreback as well as a rightback as it looks like Kamau may be our RWB which is risky.

Thoughts?

I’d rather we play the kids, than sign Ferreira he was finished 2 seasons ago 

Edited by StringerBellend
15 minutes ago, FCB said:

http://www.kentdeha.com.tr/sydney-takimindan-denizlispor-kaptani-icin-resmi-teklif.html

Does this article suggest that WSW put a formal offer in for the player, and is waiting for response from his current club? Can't copy the text out from this web page into google translate.

Super League 2019-2020 season, the captain of the ambitious Denizlispor'un Mehmet Akyüz'e official offer came from Australia. For the experienced scorer, the Western Sydney Wanderers club knocked on the green-black door. While the Australian team forwarded the official offer to Denizlispor, it was claimed that the staffs would ask for a testimony of 1 million Euros against Mehmet Akyüz. Experienced footballer plans to bring a different dimension to his career and looks hot to go to Australia was emphasized. On the other hand, the 33-year-old striker from the half of the season 2017-2018 Denizlispor'a, 12 games scored 15 goals in the first year. Last season, Mehmet played for all 34 league games and became one of the chief architects of the championship that shook the nets 15 times.

I still don't understand why we would have even thought his club would sell him? He scores 15 goals and 6 assists in 34 games last year, with the last year of his contract, aged 34?

Or why we thought we could sign him for nothing or next to nothing (if Lederer wants to spend money, surely there's better places than a transfer fee for an old turkish striker from a second division club)?

1 million euros is 1.6 million AUD, then we'd be paying him presumably a very large salary for the year, pushing the total spend to a figure of probably close to $2.5 million AUD or higher? For him?

I don't see it.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

I still don't understand why we would have even thought his club would sell him? He scores 15 goals and 6 assists in 34 games last year, with the last year of his contract, aged 34?

Or why we thought we could sign him for nothing or next to nothing (if Lederer wants to spend money, surely there's better places than a transfer fee for an old turkish striker from a second division club)?

1 million euros is 1.6 million AUD, then we'd be paying him presumably a very large salary for the year, pushing the total spend to a figure of probably close to $2.5 million AUD or higher? For him?

I don't see it.

That much money would have got Fraizer Campbell over here surely

15 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Campbell wasn’t interested in coming to Australia, money was irrelevant.

Babbel said he also wanted players who want to come to our club, this Turkish bloke looks like he wants to come to our club. As much as I don't want to pay a fee, he does sound like a reasonably good striker despite playing in 2nd Turkish division. With his club this year he scored 15 times and helped them get promotion to the first division. I don't think we should judge him till he plays a few games. Look at Pio (bad) and look at Berisha (great). One had a reasonably good career in Europe, the other not so much. 

36 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Babbel said he also wanted players who want to come to our club, this Turkish bloke looks like he wants to come to our club. As much as I don't want to pay a fee, he does sound like a reasonably good striker despite playing in 2nd Turkish division. With his club this year he scored 15 times and helped them get promotion to the first division. I don't think we should judge him till he plays a few games. Look at Pio (bad) and look at Berisha (great). One had a reasonably good career in Europe, the other not so much. 

I don't feel you have the luxury of wait and see after a few games if they want 1 mill euro transfer fee. That money would be better spent on another players wages than the pockets of another club

4 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

I don't feel you have the luxury of wait and see after a few games if they want 1 mill euro transfer fee. That money would be better spent on another players wages than the pockets of another club

Doesn't it say something though if they are going for him. There MUST be something they see in him that we don't.

13 hours ago, mack said:

I don't see it.

I very much doubt he is going to be on marquee money if the Turkish media is correct and we offered 330k - in which case he'd be under the cap, and the two marquee spots would still be available.

If the club is willing to finance a transfer to get a player they want under the cap then that is to be applauded. Of course, they'd have to back it up getting additional players outside of the cap, but we might have to wait for that to happen for a few more weeks.

18 minutes ago, FCB said:

I very much doubt he is going to be on marquee money if the Turkish media is correct and we offered 330k - in which case he'd be under the cap, and the two marquee spots would still be available.

If the club is willing to finance a transfer to get a player they want under the cap then that is to be applauded. Of course, they'd have to back it up getting additional players outside of the cap, but we might have to wait for that to happen for a few more weeks.

when the turkish club asked for a 1 million euro transfer, thats when all neg shouldve ended. theres plenty of players out there you can get for free, look at different areas...

50 minutes ago, FCB said:

If the club is willing to finance a transfer to get a player they want under the cap then that is to be applauded

Concur 

if it is deemed the money for the total outlay results in us getting a player that is 

1 - better than what the total outlay is for others in his position are 

2 - inside the cap 

3 - obviously with recent pedigree to back it up

than I don’t see why people are complaining about 

probably the same people going to whinge that the stadium seat is a big less comfortable that they remember their parra seat being 

Edited by GunnerWanderer
  • mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic