mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

3 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

All I get when I search this name is ads for wine from Dan Murphy's (For a product that was pretty popular back in the 70s if I recall).  Have I been sucked in or is the name possibly misspelled?

:D

A take on Matt Simon......:rofl:

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

8 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

All I get when I search this name is ads for wine from Dan Murphy's (For a product that was pretty popular back in the 70s if I recall).  Have I been sucked in or is the name possibly misspelled?

Oh dear :)

19 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

I understand we're chasing Johnnie Walker and Jack Daniels too ;)

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

I understand we're chasing Johnnie Walker and Jack Daniels too ;)

i'd be happy if we signed Jameson

Edited by theguyyouwishyouwere

Haha actually I knew guys, just thought I would take one for the team and create the opportunity for a whole new series of puns. :blush:

17 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Haha actually I knew guys, just thought I would take one for the team and create the opportunity for a whole new series of puns. :blush:

:nea:Better not.... on THIS Thread.

5 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

i'd be happy if we signed Jameson

I was talking to Jamieson 2 days ago on Instagram. He said that he still has a few years in the legs and said he looking to try and return to the club in the following years.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I was talking to Jamieson 2 days ago on Instagram. He said that he still has a few years in the legs and said he looking to try and return to the club in the following years.

Yeah. No thanks.

58 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Yeah. No thanks.

Agree, we have a LB and then we have a decent youth player who should hopefully grow into a starter soon enough.

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

Yeah. No thanks.

I was happy to keep him when we had him but that ship has sailed. Onwards and upwards. 

And before anyone says Sturridge: let's reflect on Marcus Berg signing with Russian side Krasnodar last month, earning close to 2 million Euro in one season.

On 06/08/2019 at 8:07 AM, SteveB said:

I want to have players who identify 100 per cent with the project here. I don't want players who only come for the lifestyle because Sydney is so beautiful.

No, no, the club is beautiful and then comes the city.

This is the best thing any of our coaches have ever said.

Didn't Gombau use the term "Project"? :(

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Zakman said:

Didn't Gombau use the term "Project"? :(

I think it was Philosophy.....we now have #projectmentality :D

Edited by sonar

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/western-sydney-wanderers/burning-questions-as-western-sydney-wanderers-appoint-josep-gombau-as-new-manager/news-story/f0e72e1220af95c7c992990d07dc8c9f

Josep Gombau has promised a “long term project” where the Wanderers will play the way he “believes”,

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/gombau-bringing-his-barcelona-beliefs-wanderers

"I am so proud that the Wanderers put me at the top of this project."

And also when he was in Adelaide

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/gombau-stresses-importance-wanderers-challenge

“They have signed on for the style and the project that we have in place here and they are each very important regular players for the team.”

4 minutes ago, Zakman said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/western-sydney-wanderers/burning-questions-as-western-sydney-wanderers-appoint-josep-gombau-as-new-manager/news-story/f0e72e1220af95c7c992990d07dc8c9f

Josep Gombau has promised a “long term project” where the Wanderers will play the way he “believes”,

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/gombau-bringing-his-barcelona-beliefs-wanderers

"I am so proud that the Wanderers put me at the top of this project."

And also when he was in Adelaide

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/gombau-stresses-importance-wanderers-challenge

“They have signed on for the style and the project that we have in place here and they are each very important regular players for the team.”

#projectphilosophy

The good part isn’t the word project. It’s that he understands and won’t accept the holiday making attitudes that overseas players sometimes bring to the A-League.

“The club is beautiful and then comes the city.”

But yes, words are one thing, and most coaches can talk about philosophy or projects. But what we have definitely got in Babbel is consistency between actions and words. Don’t buy in and train hard, on your bike sunshine.

Posted (edited)

Western Sydney Wanderers are set to sign former Fortuna Düsseldorf and Wanderers Academy graduate Jamie Percevski.

It is understood that the 19-year old central defender is on his way to Markus Babbel's Western Sydney Wanderers following the end of his contract with Fortuna Düsseldorf. 

Percevski spent a number of years in the Western Sydney Wanderers Academy representing their NPL and U18s side

He jetted off to Europe in 2017 joining FC Düren-Niederau in Germany. He played 22 matches and scored twice in the Mittelrheinliga youth division. 

He caught the eye of then promoted Bundesliga club Fortuna Düsseldorf and signed a one year deal with the U19s in July last year, playing four matches, but his contract was not renewed.

FTBL understands Percevski explored a number of opportunities in Europe before heading back home to Sydney. 

The 19-year old hails from Cecil Hills in Western Sydney and has represented the Republic of Macedonia at U17, U18 and U19 level. 

If Percevski signs he will join the Wanderers defensive stocks of Dylan McGowan, Patrick Ziegler, Tass Mourdoukoutas and Mathieu Cordier. 

Edited by DCWSW

6 minutes ago, DCWSW said:

Western Sydney Wanderers are set to sign former Fortuna Düsseldorf and Wanderers Academy graduate Jamie Percevski.

It is understood that the 19-year old central defender is on his way to Markus Babbel's Western Sydney Wanderers following the end of his contract with Fortuna Düsseldorf. 

Percevski spent a number of years in the Western Sydney Wanderers Academy representing their NPL and U18s side

He jetted off to Europe in 2017 joining FC Düren-Niederau in Germany. He played 22 matches and scored twice in the Mittelrheinliga youth division. 

He caught the eye of then promoted Bundesliga club Fortuna Düsseldorf and signed a one year deal with the U19s in July last year, playing four matches, but his contract was not renewed.

FTBL understands Percevski explored a number of opportunities in Europe before heading back home to Sydney. 

The 19-year old hails from Cecil Hills in Western Sydney and has represented Northern Macedonia at U17, U18 and U19 level. 

If Percevski signs he will join the Wanderers defensive stocks of Dylan McGowan, Patrick Ziegler, Tass Mourdoukoutas and Mathieu Cordier. 

When quoting use exact words - don't alter for political reasons.

Immature behaviour from one so tall 

:smurfpoint:

5 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Immature behaviour from one so tall 

:smurfpoint:

:ninja:

Soccer Stoppage Time warning 

Rallis said a few thing of interest.

Board gave a direction to sign talented youngsters from the WSW Academy 

2 more signing are definite.

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

That's the project MB demands his senior players to buy into: they need to demonstrate professionalism, be role models, provide a template for the youngsters what being a football professional looks like. 

The owners have not pumped 20 million dollars into the youth academy for nothing. It's the crown jewel, as far as the owners are concerned. Gombau chose to ignore that minor technicality, his project excluded the youth works. By doing so he signed his death sentence. 

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Did he say this before or after the Sullivan and Percevski news?

9 minutes ago, Davo said:

Did he say this before or after the Sullivan and Percevski news?

SST airs on Monday nights so it would've been after Sullivan and before Percevski.