mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

3 minutes ago, Carns said:

SST airs on Monday nights so it would've been just after Sullivan and before Percevski.

That’s fair enough then. It sounded like news broke that we were signing former academy players and then someone has the inside line that we’re signing former academy players.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

1 minute ago, Davo said:

That’s fair enough then. It sounded like news broke that we were signing former academy players and then someone has the inside line that we’re signing former academy players.

SST are renowned for their exclusives after all ;)

Not bad. Just add a decent striker and maybe Spira (or equivalent) and we may be in for an interesting season. 

Adam looks the goods from tonight.

Sullivan was impressive if horrendously unfit. That will come. 

Elrich certainly can’t be left to fill the back up CB spot. Sloooooooow

Time to fire Grozos out of a cannon? Potentially another season ender if it’s an ACL. Feels like we might have a Corey gameiro on our hands

Posted (edited)
wrong thread.
Edited by sonar

1 minute ago, sonar said:

I wish Yeboah would give up with the goal celebrations....the guy is going to do himself anjury...lol

I don't see nothing wrong with that one. Compared to when he did this one against the Wanderers years ago: 

On 06/08/2019 at 6:23 PM, wswnick said:

So who's this mysterious foreign striker that we're in contract talks with then...

I looked into my crystal ball, and this is what I saw:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kyle-lafferty/profil/spieler/36884

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=GB2&seit=2019&yt0=Show

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=GB3&seit=2019&yt0=Show

Disclaimer: my crystal ball has been known to work as well as the pre-election news polls. But I do have reason to believe that our man in on those lists. Now let's see if I am going to make it into one of Bossi's high quality and well researched write ups...

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, FCB said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=GB2&seit=2019&yt0=Show

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=GB3&seit=2019&yt0=Show

Disclaimer: my crystal ball has been known to work as well as the pre-election news polls. But I do have reason to believe that our man in on those lists. Now let's see if I am going to make it into one of Bossi's high quality and well researched write ups...

Bojan just released by mutual consent from Stoke, anyone watched him the last few seasons? 

Hooper would be a very solid pickup as well. Wishful thinking!

Edited by Matto97

3 hours ago, Carns said:

SST airs on Monday nights so it would've been after Sullivan and before Percevski.

Sullivan had only 2 training sessions last week before signing with the club

7 hours ago, Matto97 said:

Bojan just released by mutual consent from Stoke, anyone watched him the last few seasons? 

Hooper would be a very solid pickup as well. Wishful thinking!

Gone to Montreal/MLS. Scratch.

Scratch Danny Welbeck off the list. He signed to Watford FC.

9 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Adam looks the goods from tonight.

If anyone can pull off wearing gold coloured boots it might just be him.

^^^^ Tarek Elrich

Last season he became a mainstay of the team despite his limitations - and that was shortly after returning from a long term injury. 

This season, I expect that, with his injury well behind him, a full and full on pre season, a better squad, and despite being a  year older, he will acquit himself even better than last season when he gets the oportunity.

I just realised my earlier post re Tarek omitted my intent to make the point similar to tyson's comments. 

But if we are playing 3 at the back, still leaves us light and need of 1 more cb with experience

51 minutes ago, iamwesternsydney said:

But if we are playing 3 at the back, still leaves us light and need of 1 more cb with experience

When Ziegler is fit we should be ok

55 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

When Ziegler is fit we should be ok

I have zero confidence this guy will last the season. The few games he did play last season he wasn’t the rock we hoped for anyway. Hopefully I’m wrong, the lad gets fit and can be the leader at the back we desperately need.

20 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I have zero confidence this guy will last the season. The few games he did play last season he wasn’t the rock we hoped for anyway. Hopefully I’m wrong, the lad gets fit and can be the leader at the back we desperately need.

I tend to agree. As someone who works in the rehab/S+C field I am a little perplexed as to why he is still being wrapped in cotton wool when he’s had such a long recovery time already. I am guessing that his injury is quite a complex one hence the delay, which doesn’t bode well for a hot, physical A-League season... Footballers need to get km’s in the legs which was something we didn’t have last season, Sydney by comparison had more than twice the amount of running under their belt as what we did by the start of the season. That has to change or players break down.

17 hours ago, FCB said:

Hooper for his goal scoring record & Lafferty for his height. 

Celtic v's Rangers, I'm gunna stay on the fence on this one 

14 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Hooper for his goal scoring record & Lafferty for his height. 

Celtic v's Rangers, I'm gunna stay on the fence on this one 

Once you are talking Campbell level, only Hooper or Lafferty make sense. Unless there is someone who is wiggling himself out of an existing contract, it has to be either of them, or it's going to be somewhat disappointing. I've had a gut full of rough diamonds at WSW who ended up shining like char coal.

Apparently something is going to be announced tomorrow, so let's see.

51 minutes ago, FCB said:

Apparently something is going to be announced tomorrow, so let's see.

Percevski?

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Francis Jeffers,

fox in the box

He played in the a-league 6 years ago and he was rubbish.

5 minutes ago, mack said:

He played in the a-league 6 years ago and he was rubbish.

Yes, he did and he was. He was however ace with Kevin Campbell in about 1999

theres a thought if we can’t get Frasier let’s go for Super Kev 

Squad Depth,       With the likes of Duke ,O,Doherty ,Russell ,Ziegler , Cordier ,  Janjetovic not featuring last night and the prospect of a star player or two turning up soon , with the junior base being created why would anybody doubt marcus and crew,  a new age is dawning its us supporters that are behind the times ,step up and fill your role you know you should ,the famous 12th man needs to get his kit on and play his role on game day, and make your club proud of you again, There comes a time,:acl:

I reckon Majewski is a better player for u than ABJ ever would be.  Watching a bit of SFCvBR last night he wandered, no strutted, around doing very little until the ball came to him.  He is good on the ball and can keep it well but cannot defend, chase the ball, win the ball or provide regular incisive passes (hope this doesn't come back to haunt me but based on last night nothing has changed).  Radi ran all night and was often chasing the ball, defending and working in with others - not as glamerous but a solid, hardworking player with good skills!

ABJ was quoted on the World Game after last night - seems the FFA Cup isn't worth wasting time on according to him>

"The 2019-20 draw gives another recruit Alexander Baumjohann a quick opportunity to face his former club Western Sydney Wanderers in an early-season derby at Bankwest Stadium.

"I'm very happy and excited that we can play them already in round three and I'm really looking forward to it," Baumjohann said.

Sydney were upset 2-0 by Brisbane on Wednesday in the Roar's first competitive game under new coach Robbie Fowler.

It was the first time Sydney had fallen in the round of 32, the stage at which A-League clubs enter the competition.

Sydney had reached the last three FFA Cup finals but now cannot achieve their annual goal of winning all three domestic trophies.

"The FFA Cup is a nice competition for pre-season, but to be honest the most important thing is the league," Baumjohann said."

5 hours ago, iamwesternsydney said:

Ziegler

tass

mcgowan

auburn maldini 

it’s all fine