mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 1

33 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I reckon Majewski is a better player for u than ABJ ever would be.  Watching a bit of SFCvBR last night he wandered, no strutted, around doing very little until the ball came to him.  He is good on the ball and can keep it well but cannot defend, chase the ball, win the ball or provide regular incisive passes (hope this doesn't come back to haunt me but based on last night nothing has changed).  Radi ran all night and was often chasing the ball, defending and working in with others - not as glamerous but a solid, hardworking player with good skills!

ABJ was quoted on the World Game after last night - seems the FFA Cup isn't worth wasting time on according to him>

"The 2019-20 draw gives another recruit Alexander Baumjohann a quick opportunity to face his former club Western Sydney Wanderers in an early-season derby at Bankwest Stadium.

"I'm very happy and excited that we can play them already in round three and I'm really looking forward to it," Baumjohann said.

Sydney were upset 2-0 by Brisbane on Wednesday in the Roar's first competitive game under new coach Robbie Fowler.

It was the first time Sydney had fallen in the round of 32, the stage at which A-League clubs enter the competition.

Sydney had reached the last three FFA Cup finals but now cannot achieve their annual goal of winning all three domestic trophies.

"The FFA Cup is a nice competition for pre-season, but to be honest the most important thing is the league," Baumjohann said."

He’s perfect for the kopites of the a league 

“we want to win every trophy”

”it’s just a preseason Comp”

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Our team has been hand picked the lazy ones were let go to pretend at other teams , some people still have there heads in the clouds , while we are just starting to realise we knocked off last years best team last night,and our club is focused on the long road ahead, one derby game does not make a season, Marcus calls the shots and our team SHOWED THEY HAD THE LEGS , and  respond  they did , respect is a hard earned thing to get when your new to the league , and the players showed real promise , but can they improve together and overcome ? 

While I'm pleased with the outcome, and the ability to keep pushing for so long, we have a bit to work on still. Our shooting was all over the place. Well one place mostly, right over the bars. I am looking forward to Adam getting his first team contact, and hopefully a genuine marquee striker he can learn from.

3 hours ago, Taurus said:

Hooper for his goal scoring record & Lafferty for his height. 

Celtic v's Rangers, I'm gunna stay on the fence on this one 

Be surprised if it’s Lafferty. Scottish press reporting he wants to go back to Hearts, so it doesn’t sound as if he fits Babbel’s criteria of being committed to “the project”. 

3 hours ago, FCB said:

Once you are talking Campbell level, only Hooper or Lafferty make sense. Unless there is someone who is wiggling himself out of an existing contract, it has to be either of them, or it's going to be somewhat disappointing. I've had a gut full of rough diamonds at WSW who ended up shining like char coal.

Apparently something is going to be announced tomorrow, so let's see.

WSW Player Announcement on a Friday, that's really weird hey

3 hours ago, FCB said:

Once you are talking Campbell level, only Hooper or Lafferty make sense. Unless there is someone who is wiggling himself out of an existing contract, it has to be either of them, or it's going to be somewhat disappointing. I've had a gut full of rough diamonds at WSW who ended up shining like char coal.

Apparently something is going to be announced tomorrow, so let's see.

Probably just announcing Adam tbh. If not maybe our marquee striker? Will be very happy either way!

46 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Ziegler

tass

mcgowan

auburn maldini 

it’s all fine 

+ Percevski

+ Pagden

+ Natta (left footed Spira)

Don't sweat we got this covered.

When the beard comes riding down Eastern Rd, Rooty Hill on a 17 hand wild brumby in a couple of weeks time, any fears you have will be allayad 

52 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He’s perfect for the kopites of the a league 

“we want to win every trophy”

”it’s just a preseason Comp”

And then people wonder the why behind arnietifogate.... add to it corica's "rookie coach" swipe and you can't help but agreeing with the message. 

8 minutes ago, alexd said:

And then people wonder the why behind arnietifogate.... add to it corica's "rookie coach" swipe and you can't help but agreeing with the message. 

No people wonder why the same message couldn't have been delivered in a clever way, such as, put a sock in it Arnie, rather than put a c-ck in it Arnie  

26 minutes ago, Taurus said:

When the beard comes riding down Eastern Rd, Rooty Hill on a 17 hand wild brumby in a couple of weeks time, any fears you have will be allayad 

:woah:

9 hours ago, Taurus said:

No people wonder why the same message couldn't have been delivered in a clever way, such as, put a sock in it Arnie, rather than put a c-ck in it Arnie  

Because it wouldn't have been as rude or inappropriate, which is what made the impact.  It also made it hilarious in a very childlike way. I giggled for days when I saw it on the news or in online papers and they blurred out the offending appendage. Especially the video ones that had a blurry line moving back and forth. hahaha

9 hours ago, wswnick said:

:woah:

9 hours ago, Taurus said:

+ Percevski

+ Pagden

+ Natta (left footed Spira)

Don't sweat we got this covered.

I thought Saba had retired 

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I thought Saba had retired 

What are you on about fool?

Saba would be lucky to sit on a child's rocking horse toy without falling off & complaining about the hardness of the ground he fell on 

5 minutes ago, Taurus said:

What are you on about fool?

Saba would be lucky to sit on a child's rocking horse toy without falling off & complaining about the hardness of the ground he fell on 

Sorry  he would ride into Rooty Hill on a vintage Italian motor scooter with a chi almond milk latte, his oversized shorts blowing magestically in the wind,  30 mins late for training the hipster mofo

42 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Sorry  he would ride into Rooty Hill on a vintage Italian motor scooter with a chi almond milk latte, his oversized shorts blowing magestically in the wind,  30 mins late for training the hipster mofo

Day made :)

Someone more talented than I please make a gif or a meme of that immediately. I'll wait here.

📝
We are today proud to announce the signing of Mohamed Adam on a two-year scholarship contract: (link: http://wsw.football/2YSUzFJ) wsw.football/2YSUzFJ #WSW

9:03 AM · Aug 9, 2019·Salesforce - Social Studio

7 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

I'd take Kyle Lafferty in a heartbeat.

I thought you were a Celtic man & Gary Hooper would be more your cup of tea

53 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I can accept your interpretation of raw grit ( a manufactured toy) but hold up, Westies don't drink Latte

Interesting to see in the article they make special mention that Duke and JOD are currently injured, but left the little * indicating injuries off Ziegler's name.

Maybe we'll see him get some minutes in the next round of friendlies or the FFA Cup game?

Just now, Pup55 said:

Interesting to see in the article they make special mention that Duke and JOD are currently injured, but left the little * indicating injuries off Ziegler's name.

Maybe we'll see him get some minutes in the next round of friendlies or the FFA Cup game?

Ziegler isnt injured? he hasnt been injured for a long time, just sitting him out of pre season matches to ensure no injury before season starts

9 minutes ago, IAmFalzon said:

Ziegler isnt injured? he hasnt been injured for a long time, just sitting him out of pre season matches to ensure no injury before season starts

I think previous squad lists have had him asterisked as injured.

18 minutes ago, Taurus said:

📝
We are today proud to announce the signing of Mohamed Adam on a two-year scholarship contract: (link: http://wsw.football/2YSUzFJ) wsw.football/2YSUzFJ #WSW

Is this the Friday signing you are talking about? 

Yeah - he's definitely been on the injured list in club articles before.

Whether or not he is injured, or just being wrapped in cotton wool, refreshing to see the little * gone either way.

24 minutes ago, Taurus said:

📝

I think this is great news. I'd imagine there's not a single club that wouldn't want to have him in their ranks. 

5 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Smurfs came for him & he rejected them. Then the Jets came seeking to gain his attention, but they were shown the exit & finally CCM came knocking on his door, only to be dismissed out of hand. 

Lad has done the hard yards in NPL2 & at AL training awaiting the moment his club we're as committed to the project as he was. 

Arthur Diles & his team of academy coaches have done an outstanding job harnessing & putting the polish on this raw talent

I feel he might be one of those players who will actually ply his trade in the A-League for a 3-4 years before potentially going overseas. Really happy for him and a great signing. Great player to have off the bench in the last 20-30 mins of a game. Should develop heaps over the next few years. Our attacking options look really good imo (Duke, Yeboah, Adam, Marquee Striker, Majewski, Kamau) Still a few signings to come because Adam is on a scholarship right?